Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival?

CrusinAgain

For those folks who are on the Fascination right now, prepare to be entertained! We have had several cruises with Duane Lewis. We have found him to be a very talented musician with a great sense of humor. His repertoire is wide enough to appeal to just about everyone. Enjoy!

Does anyone know anything about James Quigley? We will be on the Pride in October. Had a great time with Michael on the Pride last September. We spent a lot of time in the piano bar last year. Hoping to have a similar experience this time around.

Kim

We just got back from the Pride on Sunday. We loved James!!! He had a great song list and was very entertaining. This was our first time going to the Piano Bar. We went 3 nights out of 7 and have been experiencing significant piano bar withdrawal since we got home.

Does anyone know anything about James Quigley? We will be on the Pride in October. Had a great time with Michael on the Pride last September. We spent a lot of time in the piano bar last year. Hoping to have a similar experience this time around.

Kim

We just got back from the Pride on Sunday. We loved James!!! He had a great song list and was very entertaining. This was our first time going to the Piano Bar. We went 3 nights out of 7 and have been experiencing significant piano bar withdrawal since we got home.

Kim

I just came off the Freedom last week and was very disappointed with the Piano Bar. Maybe it's because the crowd was a lot younger but a lot of the songs being requested truly weren't piano bar songs. That being said, that's what the disco is for! Needless to say, that's where we partied.

Thanks for the update on Seth, DEBnGAB!

Conquest: Larry McConaghy 9/12/2011 - ???

Destiny: Russell Villarin 9/10/2011 - ???

Dream: Dave Filsinger 9/3/2011 - 3/3/2012

Ecstasy: Drydock

Elation: Bruce McGhie 1/24/2011 - 10/22/2011

Elation: Drydock 10/22/2011 - 11/05/2011

Elation: Tom Grable 11/05/2011 - 5/5/2012

Fantasy: Hrvoje "H" Knezevic 7/16/2011 - 10/12/2011

Fascination: Duane Lewis 9/12/2011 - 10/1/2011

Freedom: Marty Gast 8/21/2011 - 1/14/2012

Glory: Tom Riccio 8/27/2011 - ???

Imagination: Angela Johnson 7/11/2011 - 11/4/2011

Inspiration: Jafar Curry 7/10/2011 - 12/3/2011

Inspiration: Seth Gibson 12/3/2011 - 6/??2012

Legend: Lizl Strauss 7/15/2011 - 10/2/2011

Liberty: Pollyanna Jones 7/16/2011 - 10/8/2011

Liberty: Drydock 10/8/2011 - 10/22/2011

Liberty: "Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter 10/22/2011 - 2/??/2012

Magic: James "Jim" Morris 7/10/2011 - 12/4/2011

Magic: Ron Pass 10/28/2011 - 12/4/2011 www.ronpass.com

Miracle: Peter Brenner 9/11/2011 - ???

Paradise: Jordan Heppner 6/3/2011 - 10/7/2011

Pride: James Quigley 7/31/2011 - 12/4/2011

Sensation: Barry Miller 9/1/2011 - ???

Spirit: Keith Turner 7/19/2011 - 1/6/2012

Splendor: Jason Davis current - 11/13/2011

Triumph: Lorraine Ingle 5/14/2011 - 9/21/2011 www.lorraineingle.com

Triumph: Ron Pass 10/6/2011 - 10/24/2011 www.ronpass.com

Valor: Brad Alexander 9/18/2011 - 12/11/2011 www.bradalexanderonline.com

Victory: Jerry Seelix 9/3/2011 - ???

*** A note about this list: This list is compiled from reports and reviews of current cruisers and reports from the entertainers themselves. There is no guarantee of accuracy. An actual date usually means that the schedule has been confirmed by either the performer or someone inside Carnival. Schedules are subject to change.

I just came off the Freedom last week and was very disappointed with the Piano Bar. Maybe it's because the crowd was a lot younger but a lot of the songs being requested truly weren't piano bar songs. That being said, that's what the disco is for! Needless to say, that's where we partied.

I find that the definition of a "piano bar" song is being stretched quite a bit these days, especially with the dueling piano bars becoming more popular. And I don't necessarily think it is all bad. I've heard CeeLo, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars in piano bars a lot and mostly they transfer pretty well. I've heard Beyonce, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Pantera, Poison and other stuff that you wouldn't think would translate well, but can be pretty darn funny to watch and listen to. (Although I generally tip to STOP the Led Zepplin, but that's a personal preference... LOL)

I think most piano bar entertainers do need to pepper their list with newer stuff, it mixes it up and keeps it interesting.

But that's just my opinion!

Happy Cruising,

Laura

Just thought I'd share what I found out about "Piano Bar" Bob Berhalter who is on our upcoming Liberty Halloween cruise. I am very disappointed about the Ron Pass bait n' switch (LOL!) but you can't win them all. I found one mention of him here on CC and also found

clip on You Tube.

Would love to hear if anyone has seen him before.

Deb,

Who was the player? Yes, the list says Marty Gast but most of us know if can change quickly with little or no notice.

What specifically didn't you like?

I see that the Legend is only updated until 10/2. Our cruise is 10/9 and the piano bar is one of our favorite nightly hang outs, so I'm really hoping whomever the player is is a lot of fun and :cool:talented. Fingers crossed!

I would also be interested in hearing about the new lady that is at the piano on the LEGEND.We will be sailing Oct 30th.The piano bar can be a lot of fun with the right player at the piano.

Just got off the Liberty, and Pollyanna Jones was the piano player. I am very happy to report that she is actually very good. She sings songs from numerous genres and she has several playlists on the bar from which to select songs. This is the first time I have enjoyed the piano bar since my Freedom cruise in 2009. I took 3 cruises in 2010 and all the players were bad.

Just got off the Liberty, and Pollyanna Jones was the piano player. I am very happy to report that she is actually very good. She sings songs from numerous genres and she has several playlists on the bar from which to select songs. This is the first time I have enjoyed the piano bar since my Freedom cruise in 2009. I took 3 cruises in 2010 and all the players were bad.

Thank you SO much for the report, I've been waiting forever for a report on her, I'm so glad! I very much enjoyed Brad Alexander on the same ship 4 years ago and was apprehensive about a new person. :)

Just off the Miracle. Peter plays very well and looks to please his audience with requests done very quickly.

Problem we had was very bright lights around the piano and the lights were starting to trigger migraines for DW so we did not spend much time in there.

I just got off the Liberty on Saturday also, and went to the piano bar every night. Pollyanna Jones was good. She has a decent voice and an extensive song list. Her singing and style lean towards Jazz in my opinion, but she does rock and R&B songs very well. In particular, she has a very good Michael Jackson medley that she does extremely well, and the crowd really got into it. She is not the best piano singer we've had, but she has a great personality and is a lot of fun. She even had a few "groupies" who came to the piano bar every night. I would look forward to seeing Pollyanna again on future cruises.

Thank you for posting your response. My husband and I are sailing the Pride on Oct. 23 and plan to spend some time in the piano bar. Glad to hear that you had a god experience with James.

Kim

I would also be interested in hearing about the new lady that is at the piano on the LEGEND.We will be sailing Oct 30th.The piano bar can be a lot of fun with the right player at the piano.

Who is it? The list I see only goes through 10/2 sailing. We're sailing on the Legend 10/9, would love to know who is going to be the piano player.

I just got off the Liberty on Saturday also, and went to the piano bar every night. Pollyanna Jones was good. She has a decent voice and an extensive song list. Her singing and style lean towards Jazz in my opinion, but she does rock and R&B songs very well. In particular, she has a very good Michael Jackson medley that she does extremely well, and the crowd really got into it. She is not the best piano singer we've had, but she has a great personality and is a lot of fun. She even had a few "groupies" who came to the piano bar every night. I would look forward to seeing Pollyanna again on future cruises.

Another good report on Pollyanna, I'm so glad! I am probably gonna be one of those piano bar groupies :)

Who is it? The list I see only goes through 10/2 sailing. We're sailing on the Legend 10/9, would love to know who is going to be the piano player.

It's Pollyanna Jones. She said she was supposed to remain on the Liberty longer, but the ship is going into drydock, so she will be going to the Legend.

Thanks for the update Alreadypacked!

Conquest: Larry McConaghy 9/12/2011 - ???

Destiny: Russell Villarin 9/10/2011 - ???

Dream: Dave Filsinger 9/3/2011 - 3/3/2012

Ecstasy: Drydock

Elation: Bruce McGhie 1/24/2011 - 10/22/2011

Elation: Drydock 10/22/2011 - 11/05/2011

Elation: Tom Grable 11/05/2011 - 5/5/2012

Fantasy: Hrvoje "H" Knezevic 7/16/2011 - 10/12/2011

Fascination: Duane Lewis 9/12/2011 - 10/1/2011

Freedom: Marty Gast 8/21/2011 - 1/14/2012

Glory: Tom Riccio 8/27/2011 - ???

Imagination: Angela Johnson 7/11/2011 - 11/4/2011

Inspiration: Jafar Curry 7/10/2011 - 12/3/2011

Inspiration: Seth Gibson 12/3/2011 - 6/??/2012

Legend: Lizl Strauss 7/15/2011 - 10/9/2011

Legend: Pollyanna Jones 10/9/2011 - ???

Liberty: Pollyanna Jones 7/16/2011 - 10/8/2011

Liberty: Drydock 10/8/2011 - 10/22/2011

Liberty: "Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter 10/22/2011 - 2/??/2012

Magic: James "Jim" Morris 7/10/2011 - 12/4/2011

Magic: Ron Pass 10/28/2011 - 12/4/2011 www.ronpass.com

Miracle: Peter Brenner 9/11/2011 - ???

Paradise: Jordan Heppner 6/3/2011 - 10/7/2011

Pride: James Quigley 7/31/2011 - 12/4/2011

Sensation: Barry Miller 9/1/2011 - ???

Spirit: Keith Turner 7/19/2011 - 1/6/2012

Splendor: Jason Davis current - 11/13/2011

Triumph: Lorraine Ingle 5/14/2011 - 9/21/2011 www.lorraineingle.com

Triumph: Ron Pass 10/6/2011 - 10/24/2011 www.ronpass.com

Valor: Brad Alexander 9/18/2011 - 12/11/2011 www.bradalexanderonline.com

Victory: Jerry Seelix 9/3/2011 - ???

*** A note about this list: This list is compiled from reports and reviews of current cruisers and reports from the entertainers themselves. There is no guarantee of accuracy. An actual date usually means that the schedule has been confirmed by either the performer or someone inside Carnival. Schedules are subject to change.

Archived