Regatta Cabins 6090 and 6093

KiranK

Does anyone know if you can remove the divider on the balcony between these two cabins? We are going with friends in May 2007 (first cruise, can't wait) and hoping to make 1 large balcony in the back. Also, do you know if it is loud back there with the anchor going up and down?

There are some ships fitted with stern anchors, but I don't believe R class ships have that feature.

Stern anchors were much more common before ships were routinely fitted with thrusters.

Dear Kirank,

It is a permanent divider!! You can still party and see each other at the aft portion of the veranda. We have been in Cabins 7121 and 7116 and spoke to our neighbors both times on the veranda.

Sheila

thanks so much for the scoop! I am going on my first cruise next year and my friends will be in those suites! I opted for cabin 8054 which my ta calls PH3 category, but I could not find that listed on the Oceania website, any info on that cabin?

Let's keep those aft balcony cabins a secret - being the first to book on two different Oceania cruises, we were able to get 6093 both times. Now, we will have to compete with all these cruise critic readers. Oh well, that is how we found out about it in the first place.

By the way, the dividers are not removable. You are right next door to an owners suite, so you can meet the occupants while on the balcony and maybe get invited in to see how the other 1% lives.

You are at the opposite end of the ship from the anchor, so you do not hear it being dropped, but you do get some extra vibration if the seas are rough.

thanks so much for the scoop! I am going on my first cruise next year and my friends will be in those suites! I opted for cabin 8054 which my ta calls PH3 category, but I could not find that listed on the Oceania website, any info on that cabin?

check here

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=b2a3bc2b-d9cd-45b7-abac-2dc5fa2f3618&DeckUID=7724140b-5d03-4c10-9e57-a51e97c152c3&LocationUID=1f492ab2-a7bd-4ca7-b77f-587822472c12&ShipConfigUID=3b169a9d-0d7c-45b3-8a60-054010d40b67

Port side, aft

Dear Kirank,

The cabins you posted are NOT suites -- they are only 190 square feet -- not counting the veranda. Your 8th deck PH cabin is over 300 square ft. The owner suites next to Cabins No. 6090 and 6093 are over 925 square ft. Just look at the deck plan in your brochure or on Oceania's website.

Sheila

Hi, Sheila,

I noticed from reading previous threads throughout the board that you did the Beijing to Hong Kong cruise March 06. We will be on that cruise March 16, 2007 on the Nautica. Did you use private tour guides in the ports? Any information would be greatly appreciated. If you would rather email, my email is helenbadt@aol.com

Thank you so much

Helen

Archived