What am I doing wrong?

I am home now. I keep picking up my home phone and dialing for room service. Unfortunately, no one shows up at my door with a tray full of food and a large slice of chocolate cake/strawberry glaze.

I have tried dialing room service DAILY and am getting no where. What am I doing wrong? HAL where are you??

I am sailing again this November and hope this situation changes when I get back on board. This just STINKS now.

SMILE!

Kelly

Upon returning from a cruise last year, I went out to eat at a casual lunch place with friends. I stood there waiting for the waiter to rush over, pull out my chair and unfurl the napkin on my lap. Then I came to...........

We flew home on May 27 from Alaska on the Oosterdam. That night I told my hubby I was ready to sleep but our steward had not turned down the bed or left a mint and towel animal. Just one time I would love to take a two or three week cruise so maybe I would get my fill. I would probably come home in even worse shape.

Missygirl:)

Kelly:

The only wrong thing you did was to get off the ship:). I bet nobody's making your bed every morning for you,either.:( Bummer. But you certainly found the right solution, I see. Another cruise!:) YAY!

Yeah, whatever you are doing wrong ... I'm doing the same thing. Where's my five-course dinner served to me? Why isn't my bed made each day? Why aren't there always fresh sodas in my room ... fresh ice? And worst of all, why isn't there someone tidying up after me ... twice a day? And, I can't tell you how long it's been since I've seen a towel animal. :(

Yep ... sounds like booking another cruise is the only solution. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I keep expecting to find chocolates on my pillow at night, and that isn't happening. And I want to hear the chimes when it's dinner time. Zippo on that, too. Sigh. Just another month to wait.

Oh, yeah ... forgot about that ... those wonderful chimes telling you that it's time to "chow down!" :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

When you pick up the phone, if you don't hear "Roomy serbice, may Ig hep jou?"... it's a pretty safe bet you are off the ship.

When you leave your room for one minute and return to find bed and bath the same as you left it... it's a pretty safe bet you are off the ship.

When nobody is pulling out your chair and then placing a cloth napkin in your lap... it's a pretty safe bet you are off the ship.

And the real winner is.....

If you don't hear Captain Speaking at noon giving you your location and weather for the day... you are definately off the ship! :D

Only cure for this is to get back on the ship, any ship! :p

When you don't hear "are you weddy for sum dwinks?" at 10am while walking past the Ocean Bar, you know you are off the ship.

YES! I am weddy for sum dwinks - can you bring them to the place I call "work"? And if you can bring them at 9am and then again at 3pm, we'd be so thankful.

But you are right, the absolute worst is looking your partner in the eye the first or second night home and saying "what's for dinner?" ;)

Archived