RCI Horse Races

Does anyone happen to remember any of the names of the six horses that were used for RCI's horse races??

Two that I remember are The Italian Stallion and Whatsamattayou?

What were the others????

Thanks!!!

Dee

Whoever buys the horse - names the horse.

Sorry I don't. You'd think I did after the many times I've been a jockey (love that free drink:D ). I just try to remember the horse #. LOL. I think I remember a BahamaMama.

Cruise-nut - The Owner's Race is where they assign a new name for the horses. The regular races have standard names.

We bought a horse on Mariner in April and none of the horses had names until the owner's race. They had the race by the number of the horse (1,2,3,4,5,6) on the first day and the last day they went by what the owner's named them. Our horse was named "My Buc-N-Horse" (gotta get that Bucs reference in there!) and we won!!!!!! $625!!!!!!:D :D

We will be on Sovereign in Oct. and will definitely buy a horse again!

We were horse virgins on Mariner!:eek:

If you all liked the horse races, you should write RCCL and let them know. On some of the ships and it may become throughout the line, they are discontinuing them because they think the passengers are tired of them since they have been doing them forever. I personally enjoy the horse races but on the last 2 RCCL cruises, nothing was mentioned about them anywhere. When I asked about them, I was told the the CD's were trying new and up & coming stuff. The only thing new I saw was the belly flop contest. Give me a horse race anytime over that.

So send an email to RCCL that you would like to see their ships continue the Horse races.

HF. :D

The best way to convince them to continue the horse races is to participate and bet on the horses. Remarks on the comment cards and letters to RCI won't have much effect if people don't turn out for the races. CDs have a degree of control over what activities are scheduled and they usually base their decisions on what they have observed over a number of cruises. Some like to schedule the old familiar activities, while others tend to eliminate those that they, personally, feel are old or tired. If there is no horse racing on your particular cruise, it is probably not a corporate decision but one made by your CD. On one cruise, the CD told us that, based on the lack of interest in the horse auctions during the previous several sailings, she was considering not having an auction on our cruise. We convinced her not to cancel it and it turned out to be a tremendous success with the horses going for a minimum bid of $400. There were a number of groups onboard which made the cost more reasonable, and since most had come on the cruise planning to "buy" a horse, the activity was well attended.

HEY.............I thought I was the one who started the HOOF HEARTED name as it was the actual name of a horse at our local track here in Vancouver, BC.

Who's been STEALING MY THUNDER.....or were we just on the same cruise that year??? ;)

We won $1,800 on one cruise in the owner's race, but when you have to split it 10 ways, there ain't much left!!!

HEY.............I thought I was the one who started the HOOF HEARTED name as it was the actual name of a horse at our local track here in Vancouver, BC.

Who's been STEALING MY THUNDER.....or were we just on the same cruise that year??? ;)

We won $1,800 on one cruise in the owner's race, but when you have to split it 10 ways, there ain't much left!!!

Hey $180 isn't something to sniff at, especially if you split the cost of purchasing the horse ten ways. Seems like a pretty good return on your investment.:)

Does anyone happen to remember any of the names of the six horses that were used for RCI's horse races??

Two that I remember are The Italian Stallion and Whatsamattayou?

What were the others????

Thanks!!!

Dee

Ah so...the Japanese horse.......is one. Danny Boy the Irish horse was another. I have an old horse race on video...( circa 1990 from the Inaugural of Nordic Empress ) I need to watch that again and maybe I can give you all the names from that time.

The last horse the "MIXED NUTZ" bought in 2004 was named by us for the owners race as "NUTZ SO FAST". And he wasn't......lol.

What's fun to do is get people in your rollcall to pool money together and buy a horse. That's what Liz did last fall on the Mariner. There was enough collected to buy 2 horses. It was $20pp and the payout $65. Not too shabby. If you do this, all it takes is 20 people with $20pp and it gives you a $400 kitty to work with.

Archived