sea pass

I have read that they authorize your card each night for the amount charged that day..... not sure though.

If you are using a debit card, you may want to give a cash deposit and keep paying more on your seapass account........

keep up with your charges via the tv in your room. On the Navigator they preauthorized amounts to be held back during the trip so dont count on payday. See if you can get a credit card that you can pay back in full upon your return. If the card is insufficient they will leave a note in your room and will not release your seapass card for departure until your obligation has been met.

I used my debit card last yr and had $.50 when I boarded the ship on a Monday because I was not going to get paid till that Friday. And me and my family made sure b4 we boarded the ship that our cards would not be charged until the end of the cruise, which would be on that Saturday. I went thru the whole cruise with $.50 and spent close to $450 for the week. By the next week after my cruise, my card was charged for the $450, which was in my account by then. So u can go on the ship with a debit card with nothing on it and spend and still be ok once u get off as long as there's money in the account when they charge it though.

FYI, ur account should be in good standing. I made sure to ask my bank (Bank of America) if I would be ok until Friday to spend money and they said yes because u r in good standing, u have direct deposit and have been banking with us for years (10). So u may also need a few qualifications but I would contact my bank b4 I got on the ship just to be sure I'd be ok. The way I was told it happens is ur card is authorized each time for whatever it is that u purchased but the charge doesn't go thru until the end of the cruise. So ppl that have had there authorizations denied could be that there accounts are just not in good standing to be able to make purchases with no money in it. Me I can do it, I do it all the time on land and my bank approves the charge. They know I get paid every 2 weeks by Direct Deposit and they will get there money. :cool:

We got back on a Saturday, and I didn't see the charges show up till Tuesday or Wednesday.

very cool pictures. My hubby and I are going on our cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary too. Who do you tell that it is your anniversary. Ours is on Tuesday and we will be out to sea. I am hopeing it will be one of the formal nights.

Yvonne

We took a seven-night cruise on the Voyager this past December, and our credit card was not charged until the last day of the cruise, and then it took a couple days to show up on our online statement. However, they may have placed a hold on it during the week. I would have no way of knowing.

Archived