An observation about Holiday Cruises - see if you agree with me

Holiday Cruises - What's Your Opinion  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Holiday Cruises - What's Your Opinion

• No - I don't book them, too expensive & too many kids
    • No - Can't book them, family or other obligations
    • No - I like to cruise other times of the year
    • No - I'll do a back to back if I want both holidays
    • Yes - I would love to see more holiday cruises with both Christmas and New Years
    • Other

Hey Willie!

Welcome to the boards! There is plenty of room on 12/23/07 on Explorer, as long as you looking for suites! It is a GREAT deal, I'm heading up the whole thing so if you have any questions email me at nicknatalejr@gmail.com and, I can get you in touch with TA handling the arrangements.

Nick

Thank you Nick, will be talking it over with the family but, we might just take you up on this offer!

My DH and I have been doing Christmas onboard a ship for the past 5 years, #6 will be this year. Why?

#1 I'm a teacher and DH is a janitor- different schools. The only time we have the same time off is Christmas.

#2 I am one of 6 my husband one of 12. Christmas at my mother-in-laws is nuts! I reflected on the scene of presents and wrapping carnage in the livingroom. I spent 1 hour doing dishes alone- the others just couldn't help..... to busy doing other things...... I said to myself- "Where is Christmas?" After the kids didn't even know who gave what.

#3 Where did I find Christmas? With my husband aboard a ship!

I feel Christmas on board. Yes, I attend mass on Christmas Day, and you know what? it is very nice!

Do the kids bother me? Not really. I get up early and swim. I go to the Solarium which is generally kid free. I find a quiet place somewhere. Most of the time kids aren't that bad. I try to book longer than a 7 day cruise so it isn't that bad. And if I feel like being a teacher (High School) I can freeze a few of the children with a certain look. It's amazing what jsut the right look can do!:eek: Gabrielle

My DH and I have been doing Christmas onboard a ship for the past 5 years, #6 will be this year. Why?

#1 I'm a teacher and DH is a janitor- different schools. The only time we have the same time off is Christmas.

#2 I am one of 6 my husband one of 12. Christmas at my mother-in-laws is nuts! I reflected on the scene of presents and wrapping carnage in the livingroom. I spent 1 hour doing dishes alone- the others just couldn't help..... to busy doing other things...... I said to myself- "Where is Christmas?" After the kids didn't even know who gave what.

#3 Where did I find Christmas? With my husband aboard a ship!

I feel Christmas on board. Yes, I attend mass on Christmas Day, and you know what? it is very nice!

Do the kids bother me? Not really. I get up early and swim. I go to the Solarium which is generally kid free. I find a quiet place somewhere. Most of the time kids aren't that bad. I try to book longer than a 7 day cruise so it isn't that bad. And if I feel like being a teacher (High School) I can freeze a few of the children with a certain look. It's amazing what jsut the right look can do!:eek: Gabrielle

LOL My future wife is a teacher too and, I know the look you're talking about! Do they teach you how to do it in college? ;)

Nick

I do not as rule look for holiday saiings.. I have one booked in dec of 2007, but it is actually December 1st so not really affected by the holiday and the rates are very inexpensive for this Jewel of the seas sailing,

We much rather prefer to sail during hurricane season and have yet to be affected by sailing in that season, though we are prepared in case of divertions etc.. as well as insured. The prices are great and I love the islands that time of year.

I would not want to sail during the holidays but I bet the ships are decorated very elaborately around christmas time.

LOL My future wife is a teacher too and, I know the look you're talking about! Do they teach you how to do it in college? ;)

Nick

No, Nick, either you are born with it or you aren't. That's how you qualify to BE a teacher. :D :D :D

And it's how you can tell the good ones from the others. :)

[P.S. - my ex calls it the "fish-eye"]

I clicked "other" in the poll. We LOVE LOVE LOVE to sail on a New Year's Cruise. It's the best. But sailing over Christmas presents two problems.

One was already mentioned: the cruise then has to be more than 7 days, and the timing, in terms of days of the week, can be tricky.

The other is that my kids have been accustomed to spending Christmas with their father. He actually tells them that if they are not physically in his house on the day, he won't give them any presents.

I am hoping that THIS year, since they will be 18 and 21, they can see things more adultly. (gee, I just coined a new word). I have already booked us on "Nick's" cruise. :)

We took a cruise last year on Century that was Christmas and New Years. It was the best and we are still looking for one for this year. Does anyone have any suggestions? I loved how everything was open on Christmas and you didnt have to worry about what you were going to do. The only thing missing was the Chinese food. And New Years was the best. No stress about planning it, no $100 entry fees plus cost of drinks....it was great!

Nick, No, the college's really don't teach the common knowledge and bluff your way through it course. Your soon to be wife will learn all sorts of things when she starts to teach. I have gotten very good at having plan A, B, C, D and PUNT! She will also learn to fly by the seat of her pants. Teachers understand that.

I think that's why my husband and I love to cruise. We don't have to worry about everything that can go wrong. It's nice to know my toughest choice somedays is to what to pick for lunch and which desert to choose!:rolleyes: Gabrielle

We've cruised T-giving and Christmas. It's a great way to spend quality time with your immediate family. A good excuse not to spend time with those members of your family you'd prefer not to.

We are one of the families with kids on-board. Don't have much problems with kids running amok - not a teacher but I can stare down most kids AND their parents. I've been told that I'm intimidating ;) although I don't really try

Would like to see more Xmas Eve to New Year's Day (+1 or 2 days) options

Holiday sailings are wonderful! And, I'd certainly book a cruise that featured both Christmas and New Years. However, if forced to select one or the other, we select a Christmas sailing, like this year on Carnival Liberty, it's an 8 day that returns on New Year's Eve, a bit of a downer but, we're making the best of it.

Archived