Carnival Destiny vs RCI Adventure of Seas

I have not been on either and this will sound strange (since all I have cruised is Carnival) but I would vote for Adventure. I can't wait to get to experience the Voyager of the Seas ships one day...soon I hope!! Don't get me wrong, I love Carnival....but the Royal Promenade looks soooo inviting!! So I think not only do the kids have more to do, the adults have more places to "relax".

Although I have never cruised RCI, I just did the Destiny cruise 2 weeks ago. Now, this was my 3rd Carnival cruise, and while I did enjoy my cruise (no such thing as a bad cruise), I will say it was my LEAST favorite. The ship was in drydock last year and I expected it to be in better condition than it was. The cabin was clean and comfortable, but it definitely had wear and tear and a lot of things that really needed to be replaced. Not sure what they did in drydock but replacing the furniture and bathroom fixtures was not one of them.

Our waitor was new, had just been promoted to the job and I can honestly say he messed up SOMEONES order every night at our table. The food was not as good (in OUR opinion as on the previous 2 Carnival cruises).We had a great fun group and so we usually just ate what he brought us and didnt complain.

Room service was as bad as our waitor. They could never seem to get our order right. For example, One afternoon I ordered coffee and honest to God, they delivered a caraffe full of hot water. The ports were great, ship was clean and while I enjoyed Destiny, I wouldnt recommend her. Just my opinion.

Have been on many Carnival cruises and also the Mariner..sister ship to the AOS. Actually, we're doing the AOS next yr. in an aft cabin...yea..

Anyways, the Voyager class kids seem to really enjoy. They have a great kids club and all the extra goodies...golf, rock climbing..ice skating. Always seemed to be something to do there.

I loved the adult only atrium area!!!

It's very subjective. I think you'll find things u like about each. But comparing an old ship (Carnival) to a Voyager class really isn't a comparison. To me, it's like comparing apples to oranges...but again, it's very subjective.

I think u just need to read what the differences r and see what's important to YOU.

If you can get cabin 1388 or 1688, that's a plus too! These r very popular cabins on the Voyager class with lots more room than a normal balcony room with a much larger balcony. This is where we'll be! :D

Funny - When we docked in San Juan last Sunday on Carnival Legend, both Destiny and AOS were in port - and youngest son ignored AOS in favor of Destiny. "Mom, can we go on Destiny next time?" Just what he's familiar with. A friend sailed AOS back in March with kids/grandkids in tow and had a great time. I'd be willing to book either; it really depends on your family's tastes.

I have been on both of these ships....Destiny in 2001 and Adventure in 2004. Destiny was a good cruise but Adventure was an amazing cruise that I would do again without any hesitation. I've been on Explorer of the Seas too, so I have done 2 of RCCL's big ships....Adventure is right near the top of my preferred ships and itineraries, the Southern routes are just the best, I think, and that ship has so much to do for all ages. I think you will love it...................Happy sails

I have not been on either and this will sound strange (since all I have cruised is Carnival) but I would vote for Adventure. I can't wait to get to experience the Voyager of the Seas ships one day...soon I hope!! Don't get me wrong, I love Carnival....but the Royal Promenade looks soooo inviting!! So I think not only do the kids have more to do, the adults have more places to "relax".

Come join us on the Cruise Critic group cruise on Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston on 1/27/08.

We did the Carnival Miracle in November and A Voyager Class (The Navigator) last summer. I'd choose RCL hands down... much better food, awesome wait staff and room stewards... classy decor... magnificent promonade, large spacious public areas ... IMO, everything was a step above Carnival...

Don;t get me wrong, we had a terrific cruise on The Miracle, but if I were to choose between the two today, I would (and have) choose RCL.

Good luck with your choice! Whatever your decision, you can bet that almost ALL cruises are at least good ;)

A~

Archived