Voyager Class/Deck 10?

My TA said she does not like to book people on Deck 10, due to noise from above. The idea of walking up one flight of stairs and being at the pool, Windjammer, etc. was just too tempting to me. I went ahead and booked a room at the front of the ship on Deck 10. It appears to be right next to the stairs that would bring you up between the solarium and the Shipshape center.

Has anyone stayed on Deck 10 before?. What are your opinions about this location. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I have been on the Mariner 3 times on deck 10. Sometimes you get a little noise but so what. If you are in your cabin - you shouldn't be so go for it. LOL. The only time I heard any noise more that normal was when they were moving the chairs in the Windjammer.

I have ONLY ever booked cabins on deck 10 and heard no noise whatsoever from above.

1586 on the Radiance

1324 on the Adventure

and 1694/1390 booked for the Adventure

and 1104 booked for the Radiance

You can see my confidence level as far as noise is concerned! ;)

My TA said she does not like to book people on Deck 10, due to noise from above. The idea of walking up one flight of stairs and being at the pool, Windjammer, etc. was just too tempting to me. I went ahead and booked a room at the front of the ship on Deck 10. It appears to be right next to the stairs that would bring you up between the solarium and the Shipshape center.

Has anyone stayed on Deck 10 before?. What are your opinions about this location. Thanks in advance for your replies.

We were just on the Mariner last month and stayed in cabin 1238 on Deck 10 and had no problems whatsoever. It sounds like you're going to be in the same vicinity.

There was no noise from above unless we were on the balcony and then you could hear music from the sailaway party above towards the aft. We were under the solarium and the spa and those areas are pretty quiet.

And, yes, it was convenient to walk up one flight of stairs and be on the pool deck or walk three minutes to the self-serve yogurt machine and the Windjammer Cafe. It's also a great location because the Savoy Theater is six decks below from the stairs, as well as the disco.

I wouldn't hesitate to book the same cabin again in the future.

First I would think about changing TA since she may not be too knowledgeable about different decks on ships. We sailed on Voyager deck 10 aft cabin and loved it. It was convenient to many things such as Windjammer ,pool crown and Viking lounge etc. As far as noise we never heard a sound and we were under the Windjammer.

We had 1548 on AOS - absolutely no problem with noise from above, and the location was sooooo convenient!!!

We have two aft cabins on deck 10 booked for our upcoming Mariner cruise.

I just got back from Explorer and we were in OS 1300 on deck 10.

I actually heard quit a bit of noise. We had pool deck and Portofino's right above us. I mostly heard the noise from metal carts they were moving around, usually early in the morning.

However, once I realized what it was, I didn't let it bother me. I agree that the location definitely overrules any problem with the noise. It was great to just walk one flight of stairs and be at the windjammer for my cup of coffee in the morning.

Even with the noise, I would hightly recommend deck 10.

I just checked back and cannot believe all the great replies. We will be on the Mariner, Eastern route, which has only three port stops. Deck 10 will be so convenient on all the sea days. Thanks so much for your speedy responses, and I am really excited that I picked Deck 10.

Archived