Favorite Dishes at Portofinos

A quick Google search reveals that broccocini is baby mozzerella.... which is good because I too was confused at how a caprese salad had no mozzerella....

still can't decide between chops or portofino.... thought i had decided on chops until i read this thread....

Thank god for that! lol. I did a google seach too, and came up with broccoli/zuccini combo. Sounds like they have as much info as RCI employees.:D

But I am glad to hear that we do indeed get mozzerella on our caprese.

We were on the Adventure in May. Portifinos has excellent ceasar salad and filet. The flourless chocolate cake is worth the trip!

Am I missing something here??

Just got back from Splendour around the Greek Islands and ate in the Main Dining room (ie. NO EXTRA CHARGE) Was able, if I wanted, to eat Ceasar Salaed, Filet Steak and Chocolate Cake every night !

Why would you want to pay an extra $20 per person ?

The way things are going, the price of the cruise will cover the cost of the cabin only and everything else will be billed for as an extra ! The days of Crusing becoming "elite-ist" seems to be returning !!!!!

:) We will be taking our first cruise on Explorer in September, and we were wondering, as Portofino`s is such a popular place to eat, is it advisable to book you reservations for the whole of the voyage, as soon as you get on board?

What kind of place is Chops ? What’s the menu like?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

KEV

On Radiance in May I had the seafood skewer...The presentation was incredible and it was delcious. Stay away from the veal saltimboca...I've had it on Mariner and Radiance and it was not their best entree - dry and tough.

I have seen the seafood skewer and will no doubt get it next time--even tho I LOVE filet! Very impressive.

:) We will be taking our first cruise on Explorer in September, and we were wondering, as Portofino`s is such a popular place to eat, is it advisable to book you reservations for the whole of the voyage, as soon as you get on board?

What kind of place is Chops ? What’s the menu like?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

KEV

I would say book it the first day. When we went on Voyager last November we booked it the first day in the later afternoon and got the day that we wanted. Good Luck !

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT"

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

I had the Caprese salad on Brilliance and indeed it was small mozzarella balls with tomato, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My favorite part of dinner was the pasta ribbons with the mushroom gorgonzola sauce. That could have been my whole dinner.

We had to take our dessert to go as we didn't even eat 1/10 of the filet because we were so full. It's a great place to go and I can't wait to go again. I liked it much better than Chops.

I had the Caprese salad on Brilliance and indeed it was small mozzarella balls with tomato, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My favorite part of dinner was the pasta ribbons with the mushroom gorgonzola sauce. That could have been my whole dinner.

We had to take our dessert to go as we didn't even eat 1/10 of the filet because we were so full. It's a great place to go and I can't wait to go again. I liked it much better than Chops.

The mushroom/gorgonzola ribbon pasta was the best pasta I have ever had. I want to try the shrimp risotto--our waiter recommended it but I had the goat cheese soufflé which was good but I think the shrimp risotto may be better.

Archived