Favorite Dishes at Portofinos

I just finished reviewing a copy of the menu for Portofinos and noticed that there are so many wonderful choices. Just curious..what are some of you all's favorite's? I will be visiting for the first time on the Explorer in Nov. Also...will they allow you to order two entrees like they do in the dining room?

I have not yet had the pleasure of dining at Portofino, but I will be able to tell you my favorite in October. However, I also read the menu, and was pleased to see a Caprese Salad on the menu....until I read the description. That is unlike any Caprese I have ever seen. I have never seen a Caprese without mozzarella cheese. It is usually Tomatos, mozzarella cheese and basil with a little olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. Not with broccochini.:confused: :confused:

That is unlike any Caprese I have ever seen. I have never seen a Caprese without mozzarella cheese. It is usually Tomatos, mozzarella cheese and basil with a little olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. Not with broccochini.:confused: :confused:

re the caprese with "broccochini". probably a typo - it would be with bocconcini, which is just smaller balls of mozzarella.

On Radiance in May I had the seafood skewer...The presentation was incredible and it was delcious. Stay away from the veal saltimboca...I've had it on Mariner and Radiance and it was not their best entree - dry and tough.

I had the best chocolate dish at the end. I do not have a clue what it was called:o But it had a line of chocolate that must have stood up to be almost 2 feet tall, And then it also had a little shot to drink with it. It was so yummy:D I sure hope they have it again in December.

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT"

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Mrs Jazz just finished going thru the receipts and found an extra $6 charge for Portofinos that nite....guess the waiter didnt give me the shot because he liked us so much!!! She's happy that at least it was a valid charge.....

I had the best chocolate dish at the end. I do not have a clue what it was called:o But it had a line of chocolate that must have stood up to be almost 2 feet tall, And then it also had a little shot to drink with it. It was so yummy:D I sure hope they have it again in December.

Sounds like their version of tiramisu.

Also...will they allow you to order two entrees like they do in the dining room?

I dont see how anyone would have room for a second entree,esp if they ordered every course...................so much food!

The shrimp with risotto appetizer is something I have every time. Can't get it anywhere else. We have had almost all of the entree's and all have been outstanding. For desert, the buttermilk panna cotta with a refreshing minted citrus salad is very different & refreshing after the heavy meal.

December (Radiance) can't come soon enough.

Tiger shrimp with risotto, hands down winner. Eggplant appetizer was very good as well as the calamari. Caesar salad is THE BEST ON THE SHIP (and we love the one served in the dining room) Last but not least YOU MUST ORDER THE TIARAMISU as well as THE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE. They will plate them to go if you are full. Allow 2-3 hours for a wonderful dinner with wonderful service. Ask for GiGi as your server and tell her, Eileen, Joe and our two girls from NJ say hello! The beef tenderloin is an excellent entree as well as osso bucco. Buon appetite!

re the caprese with "broccochini". probably a typo - it would be with bocconcini, which is just smaller balls of mozzarella.

I hope that is the case. On their menu it clearly states 'broccocini' which I was under the impression was a baby broccoli

A quick Google search reveals that broccocini is baby mozzerella.... which is good because I too was confused at how a caprese salad had no mozzerella....

still can't decide between chops or portofino.... thought i had decided on chops until i read this thread....

Archived