What is your swimsuit cover?

most of the time, my sarong. Given it's colors though, it really only works with one suit that I own, so I guess I'll have to come up with something else. I also own a short terry dress that could be really cute, but I just dont' think it flatters my figure very much. Maybe it will if I lose those last 10 lbs.

~AIL

I have 4 sarongs, mine don't really match my suits either ( 2 are black but I still think they look weird with my suits) so I usually wear a shirt over my swimsuit as well. My one bikini came with a little cover up skirt and I wear that a lot too.

Not sure about a sarong, but a pareo is a wide piece of fabric and long enough to go from bust to ankle. It's tied (one way, and my favorite) by putting it on with both ends meeting in the middle of my body and then wrapping the top ends several times and tucking them in at the bust. In Tahiti they're used as actual clothing with just panties underneath. No need for a bra, no matter what your size is. A sarong I think is shorter and can be used around the waist as a skirt. You can get shorter pareos that can be wrapped around the waist, but the ones I have are longer. Clear as mud, right????:eek:

I dont' know either. But I'm an oregon gal too.

I wear my "Sarong" (that's what I call it) either tied under my armpits as a dress, or around my hips as a skirt.

Another Oregonian here and I like to wear my sarong as more of a dress also. If you pull it in front of you from the back, cross the ends over and tie around your neck in the back it's really cute!

http://www.hilohattie.com/about_hawaii/tiepareau.cfm

Here are some cute ways to tie them with better instructions than I can give!

I'm not very fashionable I'm afraid. I love the pareo that matches my favorite suits and use it often to be just coming-going & around a pool. But, if I'm off on a beach excursion, with maybe a hike and some shopping, I just wear knit crops and a Tshirt over my suit.

SCinRI

I have a black sarong that I will wear if just going to the pool. If we are planning on going in for lunch after, I will wear a sundress. I actually prefer the sundress as it covers my body a bit more when walking to and from the pool. I sometimes feel a little 'funny' walking from my room to the pool with just my bikini and sarong on.

Gosh, I have done alot of different things. I love the sarongs, always have those for around the pool. I have a few tank style sundresses to just throw over my head, or a pr. of shorts with a tank or t- shirt. I do always like to coordinate the colors/styles with the swimsuit I'm wearing tho. I just have fun with it.

Sarongs just do NOT look good on me, since I'm smaller up top and wider around the stomach and hips. I have a very lightweight mesh black coverup that buttons up the front (with 3/4 sleeves and a hood) that works with two of my suits. It's my more "showy" coverup -- for pool parties, cruises, and such.

For the other two suits, I wear a sort of sleeveless loose rayon shift in a Hawaiian print that comes to about mid-thigh. It's cooler and I wear it more when it's really hot out.

Sarongs, pareo's or whatever your call them don't look good on me either. I'm always fussing with them, tugging, retying, etc.

I wear this little cotton/poly blend sun "dress" which doesn't wrinkle, dries in a flash and looks decent enough to wear into the Windjammer for lunch.

2798707990071433157edBvDz_ph.jpg

I wear a long, black Ralph Lauren dress. It's a jersey knit with cap sleeves and a scoop neck. I also have a long, tank style rayon dress - black with a pretty floral print. I like the way both look as a cover up. I feel more comfortable being in public areas when I wear them.

Archived