Jewel of the Seas showing N/a mid Sept to November 11 2007

Thanks Bob...........wasn't sure how to do that..............

If we book an alternative cruise........it would have a new booking number.......then when RC cancels the first cruise........are you saying have the old booking number transferred? We discussed all options with our friends last night............they are coming by after Sunday breakfast........

Hope the ta can sort this out but we are leaning to book another cruise tomorrow and protect ourselves for cabin selection for those that are left......if you have details how this worked for you before........fire me an email

Thanks

Jim

So far we have the following predictions:

Seatravelers - week of July 24-30

Phoenixcruiser - August 1

Isujim - August 3

Negc - August 4

MBeanTX - August 11

bob278 - September 1

Any other takers?:D

kewlguy, I will be flat out amazed it they offer the option to keep your cabin at the TA rate for the 14-day Western Europe Cruise. After all, the prices are going to be much higher. Our JS was 2,250 when we booked and I can't see a JS on a 14-day European cruise being less than 3,600 - 4,000. But if they do, you're right, it would be an incredible bargain.

It may be wishful thinking on my part but it certainly is a nice thought. The cabin we currently have booked for the TA would easily be selling for 3k per person for the 14 day Western European sailing. I say do to the inconvenience of changing our intinerary they should let us keep our reservations. I could care less about any other compensation. Or maybe they would prefer us to take our business to other cruise lines? We shall see what they do.

Well, we bit the bullet. Jim and I booked a new cruise--the 9-night Canada/NE on the Grandeur for September 21. We were able to get a junior suite on the stern. It is a great cabin (we stayed in the same one on the Rhapsody). So, we just hope that our TA can sort things out when the dust settles.

Thanks for all the input from everyone, especially you, Bob. It was very helpful.

Rena

It may be wishful thinking on my part but it certainly is a nice thought. The cabin we currently have booked for the TA would easily be selling for 3k per person for the 14 day Western European sailing. I say do to the inconvenience of changing our intinerary they should let us keep our reservations. I could care less about any other compensation. Or maybe they would prefer us to take our business to other cruise lines? We shall see what they do.

As others have said as well, I hope that you are right, but I am not sure that this far in advance of the sailing, the "inconvenience" argument will hold much weight. They might ask for some indication of just how we have been inconvenienced. Disappointed? - for sure. Inconvenienced ? - hard to prove at this point. To avoid more disappointment, I suggest we limit our expectations to things that seem reasonable.:)

Disappointed? - for sure. Inconvenienced ? - hard to prove at this point.

Because I booked the Jewel transatlantic for the fall in 2007 I didn't book another cruise which since that time has increased drastically in price. That was the reasoning behind my use of the word "inconvenienced." I won't be too disappointed either way as I know it's all about the bottom line and not loyalty to their customers.

Bill thanks for posting the list on guesses for notification.......I have rebooked a cruise to protect myself.......but holding on for now to my old reservation.......just in case they come back and offer something.......

I am curious as to how long it will take them to begin nofitying everyone

I do not think they will offer anything more than a $200 cabin credit...if that. RCI does not care if we are disappointed and they will just spin this off like it was nothing. They know that most of us will have rebooked to something else and they will make a big score by booking the European cruises at higher rates...paid in Euros. "Nothing personal...just business".

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

I understand business is business. And I also understand that some people are very loyal to a certain cruise line. But you can only take so much before you say enough is enough. I agree with you Isabella, I hope RCL falls flat on their face with this move. Time will tell the tale... I'm sure it will cost RCL in the long run.

Just checked with my ta........our October 6th New England cruise on the Jewel is affected...........RC said to call back in a week........the cruise is "influx" (that is a new one:) )

Guess the mystery will continue for at least a week.

Just checked with my ta........our October 6th New England cruise on the Jewel is affected...........RC said to call back in a week........the cruise is "influx" (that is a new one:) )

Guess the mystery will continue for at least a week.

in flux - isn't that a city in Belgium?:D

And here I thought it was enroute back to Harwich.:)

I copied these from a single screen on the RCCL website. I selected transatlantics and Jewel and got both of these, plus one eastbound TA in 2007. Does nobody at RCCL even look at their website?

Ship Name: Jewel Of The Seas

Departure Port: Harwich, England

Ports of Call: Harwich, England; Cherbourg, France; Plymouth, England; Dublin, Ireland; Cork, Ireland; St. John's, Newfoundland; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Boston, Massachusetts

2006 Date(s): Sep 11

Departure Port: Harwich, England

Ports of Call: Harwich, England; Oslo, Norway; Copenhagen, Denmark; Hamburg, Germany; Amsterdam, Holland; Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium; Le Havre (Paris), France; Dublin, Ireland; Cork, Ireland; Harwich, England

2007 Date(s): Sep 10

Bob,

Check the dates. Your 1st cruise is 2006; the 2nd one is 2007.

Re-read that second entry. Bob's point is that the 2007 cruise shown is not a transatlantic. They seem to be making corrections piecemeal and when they do that they end up with even more incorrect and misleading information. If you ask for entries on transatlantics, you should be able to get information on transatlantics. You should be able to depend on the website to be accurate, but unfortunately, all too often, it isn't.

We had a similar situation with a Jewel New England- Caribbean cruise which replaced Tortola with San Juan. Even when they corrected the itinerary, which took them a while, the accompanying map continued to show Tortola. Anyone who didn't know better wouldn't know whether to believe the text or the map.:(

My frustration is getting the better of me. I didn't look closely enough. But this one is equally bizarre. And I double-checked, they're both October 2007. Let's see, it leaves Boston on Oct 25th for a 5 day Canada/New England cruise and then magically departs from Southampton the day it gets back to Boston and goes to Ft Lauderdale. That's quite a trick.

But there is a small ray of sunlight shining here. The Oct 30th transatlantic ends up Nov 11th where it then synchs up with the 6 and 8-day Caribbean cruises that are available for booking. So maybe that cruise will actually happen.

But it sure looks like the Canada/New England and the Boston-Ft Lauderdale cruises are history. Wonder what they have in mind for Sept 24th to October 30th?

Oh well, it's keeping life interesting.

Departure Port: Boston, Massachusetts

Ports of Call: Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Boston, Massachusetts

2007 Date(s): Oct 20 , Oct 25

Departure Port: Southampton, England

Ports of Call: Southampton, England; La Coruna, Spain; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Santa Cruz, Canary Islands; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2007 Date(s): Oct 30

Bob

I thought the September 11 was 2007 as well........my mistake..........but your head can only spin so many times.......:)

You said it.. This whole episode is very FRUSTRATING. Hopefully we'll get some resolution in the very near future. I know we would like to get back to planning a cruise - after we know what we're planning for!!!! Let's be optimistic for some news later today..

Have a great day, everyone..

Seatravelers

We have booked another cruise to replace JOS 10/6/07, but I'm still waiting to hear from RCL. I was so looking forward to this cruise. Anyone want to wager when we will hear from them?? LOL!

Vada

Jim-

We booked NCL Spirit for 10/14/07. It's only 6-days which made my DD happy. (not me) We will miss Portland and Bar Harbor. I'll survive, but I'm not smiling yet! This will be my first cruise on NCL. See what RCL has done to me?!! :eek:

Vada :p

Archived