Jewel of the Seas showing N/a mid Sept to November 11 2007

It appears my Canada/New England cruise for october of 2007 may be cancelled.

All Jewel of the Seas cruises from Mid September to November 11, 2007 including the trans atlantic and all Canada/New England cruises are showing N/a..........rumor has it, it is staying in Europe longer.......but no official word yet from our ta.........

8 weeks is a long time to be unavailable...........I'm checking for Plan B just in case we need it:)

Not upset........this has happened to us before.........sometimes the price you pay booking 22 months in advance........

Anyone else this affect and or hear anything??

I think you might be right. Our transatlantic is affected. Also, other friends Canada/NE cruises. No official word yet, but have heard that ship will remain in Europe longer than planned, possibly for some engine work.

Will post when we hear anything official. Please do the same.

Will do...........let's all see what we can find out. My ta is out of town until Monday but I'll check as soon as I can.

Let me know if you hear anything.

Jim

I'm booked on the 07 repo from boston to Fll, and we have such a great roll call going already.

I booked to surprise my husband and I've kept the secret for 2 months now (only 15 more to go)- they can't keep the Jewel in europe.

Please keep us posted if you hear more news.

happy sailing,

Wendy

I'm trying to get prices on Oct, 07 Jewel of the Seas and am getting the same message. I tried calling RCCL last night but they left me on hold forever until I hung up. Does anyone know why the prices are not posted?

Interesting...we had taken the 10 night Jewel Bermuda/Eastern Caribbean last year and were so disappointed the that it was changed from that to Canada this year. The repo just did not work for us so we booked the Explorer out of Cape Liberty...next closest port we can drive to, though no where near as close as Boston.

Also, Vacation Outlet has chartered a 5 night to Bermuda from Boston in Oct and they are selling that only through their TA....

Will be watching to see what happens with this.....

We're on next year's Jewel repo too. This is what it now says in My Cruises

on the website:

Cruise Sailing: 12 Night Westbound Transatlantic Cruise Sailing On The Jewel Of The Seas on 30-Oct-2007

I think they're working on it now, so that could change.

Ron

That makes sense..............the first cruise for the Jewel from September to November that was not affected was Nov 11..........Caribbean out of FLL. If you have a 12 day transatlantic on October 30.......that makes sense...........

Those of us with Canada/New England cruises.........appears to have lost our cruises...........just waiting on official confirmation from RC.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Here we go again. Bob and I were on the Sept. 2 transatlantic to Boston. Here is the new itinerary. I'm very disappointed the Jewel won't be doing the northern route. We love transatlantic cruises so will probably move to this one.

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

30-Oct Southampton, England 5:00 PM Boarding

31-Oct Cruising

01-Nov La Coruna, Spain 8:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked

02-Nov Cruising

03-Nov Funchal (Madeira), Portugal 12:00 PM 6:00 PM Docked

04-Nov Santa Cruz, Canary Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

05-Nov Cruising

06-Nov Cruising

07-Nov Cruising

08-Nov Cruising

09-Nov Cruising

10-Nov Cruising

11-Nov Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:30 AM Departure

I'm very disappointed the Jewel won't be doing the northern route. We love transatlantic cruises so will probably move to this one.:rolleyes:

Garry

Ron,

Does it show an itinerary change to Ft. Lauderdale instead of Boston? I'm thinking that the transatlantic will bypass Canada/NE altogether.

Rena

Now it looks like it's going straight to Ft Lauderdale, and the 12 night Boston to Ft Lauderdale repo cruise I had in My Cruise's is gone.

Hi Garry

We are dissapointed as well........we have never done the Canada/New England and would have loved to see your review on the Radiance:) . We are researching Plan B's...........but want to wait and see if RC offers any compensation.......I don't expect any this far out........but need my deposit back or would desire my deposit back before booking anything else.

We are considering jumping on the transatlantic with you guys but are also looking at a 9 night New England on the Explorer out of NY...........just trying to decide.

Jim

Hi Jim and everyone else....I'm booked on the 10/6/07 NE cruise also and I'm hanging on to my booking as long as RCL lets me. I booked this cruise while on the Infinity in June so I have an on board credit attached to it and I don't want to lose it. Plus I want to see how RCL handles notifying everyone and if they offer anything at all. I don't expect that they will, since they made the change more than a year in advance. Let's just see what happens!

Carol H.

Is this a definite change? I wonder if RC will be sending another ship to do New England itineraries.

I think that rather than do that they will be pushing their cruises to NE/Canada out of Bayonne. For whatever reason, they seem to be ceding Boston to NCL and others, and concentrating on the NJ port to cover the northeast market.

I think you're right on this one Bill. It's a shame, because cruising out of Boston is soooo easy! I just wish the Celebrity NE cruise wasn't so many days. I'd switch over in a heartbeat. But DH really wants to stick to 7 or 8 days. Coming from the West Coast we have to factor in the travel time too.

Of course, my ideal scenario is that they schedule some British Isle cruises for the Jewel Sept/Oct and just move us over to that, keeping our cabins and our rates!!! I can dream!

Hi Jim,

Here we go again. Bob and I were on the Sept. 2 transatlantic to Boston. Here is the new itinerary. I'm very disappointed the Jewel won't be doing the northern route. We love transatlantic cruises so will probably move to this one.

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

30-Oct Southampton, England 5:00 PM Boarding

31-Oct Cruising

01-Nov La Coruna, Spain 8:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked

02-Nov Cruising

03-Nov Funchal (Madeira), Portugal 12:00 PM 6:00 PM Docked

04-Nov Santa Cruz, Canary Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

05-Nov Cruising

06-Nov Cruising

07-Nov Cruising

08-Nov Cruising

09-Nov Cruising

10-Nov Cruising

11-Nov Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:30 AM Departure

I'm very disappointed the Jewel won't be doing the northern route. We love transatlantic cruises so will probably move to this one.:rolleyes:

Garry

Interesting that she's sailing from Southhampton instead of Harwich. Perhaps the UK market is turning out to be a very strong one for them. I wonder what her itineraries will be? It seems a little late in the year to keep doing Northern Europe/Baltics. Maybe more "short" and hideously expensive cruises?

Hi Garry

We are considering jumping on the transatlantic with you guys but are also looking at a 9 night New England on the Explorer out of NY...........just trying to decide.

Jim

Jim, that would be wonderful if we could FINALLY sail together. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Garry

I would say it is good idea to hold onto your bookings ...I remember when they changed the Navigator ones for 07...and folks who had bookings were offered cabins on another cruise...at the same price they paid for their Navigator ones.;)

Good luck Jim and everyone :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Definetly holding on to our booking as well............but Hawaii and Alaska all of a sudden are in our Plan B mix........as is the NE cruise 13 night on the Constellation.............decisions, decisions.......:D

In a typical example of the right hand not know what the left hand is doing, RCI published its 2007 Alaska and New England/Canada brochure just this week. In it they show the cruises out of Boston, that now they apparently are cancelling. :rolleyes: The books aren't even a week old and already they are outdated, but they do have deck plans.;)

Garry

Have you been "officially" notified by RC of the change in your ta cruise? With the old one off the website.........how would I find pricing? I haven't been to the website today, but yesterday they weren't showing an Oct 30 transatlantic?????? Ron found out by going to "my cruises" is that how you found out, or have you been notified??

Jim

In a typical example of the right hand not know what the left hand is doing, RCI published its 2007 Alaska and New England/Canada brochure just this week. In it they show the cruises out of Boston, that now they apparently are cancelling. :rolleyes: The books aren't even a week old and already they are outdated, but they do have deck plans.;)

I thought of that myself today Bill...............I love RC so much, I don't know whether to cuss their stupidity and waste......or just laugh........:confused:

There is nothing OFFICIAL on this yet.........although we all know the outcome........just left ta.....they have recieved no notification yet from RC........

Garry

Have you been "officially" notified by RC of the change in your ta cruise? With the old one off the website.........how would I find pricing? I haven't been to the website today, but yesterday they weren't showing an Oct 30 transatlantic?????? Ron found out by going to "my cruises" is that how you found out, or have you been notified??

Jim

That was only in My Cruises last night, looks like it was wrong since they're now listing a different cruise for October 30th. Today that cruise is gone from My Cruises.

I just checked "my cruises" it is still showing Oct 6th Canada/New England........I know it is wrong.........but it is still showing up.

Archived