Jewel of the Seas showing N/a mid Sept to November 11 2007

This is what my TA said about the transatlantic:

I was told they have changed the itinerary to a 14 night Harwich roundtrip. They also told me this is not a final itinerary either. They have taken it off the website because they are still making changes. I asked if they are offering passengers who booked the transatlantic itinerary any compensation and was told the rate is protected so they will now get a 14 night cruise and pay for 12 nights. They are not doing anything about the extra expense for the air back from England.

I don't know how they will calculate the paying for 12 nights and getting 14 nights if the new 14 night cruise will be more expensive.

No idea what they are saying about the Boston based itineraries.

I plan on calling C&A and telling them my thoughts on this.

Hello all I agree with Susan! I have reservations on both repo cruises on The Jewel for '06 and '07...I mean I half had:confused: With King George's lavish tax breaks...European bookings are most likely at a record high? I have made 3 sailings out of Boston to Canada...and well..the weather sucks...the ports are boring, especially St.John..I mean yuck!! I think a good experiment is to go to RCCL.com and check on the availability of all Boston/Canada Jewel sailings for '06 and including Vacation Outlet's private charter. my bet that there is not enough leef peepers to fill most of those departure dates?...and the ones that do are 3 to 5 day trips to satisfiy the curious and the gamblers! Revenue driven?...maybe just smart business? To those who have reservations for '07....."Report to your muster Stations!" :eek: Eddie

I remember back in the fall of '05 The jewel was running 10 day Eastern Carribean cruises from Boston prior to the repo back to Lauderdale. When I booked the repo for this year I noticed that all cruises prior to October 31 '06 was heading North to N.E./Canada. I think this was a business decision by RCCL to charge passengers the same daily rate but to travel less distance...thus saving fuel? RCCL in my belief made a calculated decision and in turn it might cost them in the long run by giving last minute discounts. Another possibilty is that there is too much competition with Bayonne to the same travel destination? Lets see...Canada in September/October?...roughly translated...55 degrees and dying leaves or St.Thomas...Aruba etc? Carnival stopped Canada cruises from Boston and now have thier Triumph out of N.Y.C where the market is larger. RCCL yesterday stated that they are installing new bedding on The Jewel in '07 and maybe flat panel t.v.'s...but heck ..how long does that take? One thing we know for sure!...If any management at RCCL gets the boot?....There is work at the Capital in Washington....big pay raises!..monthly bonuses!....and no citizenship required!!:cool: Eddie

Last year, RCI had Enchantment of the Seas doing NE/Canada cruises out of Boston while Jewel did Bermuda/Caribbean roundtrips. This year only one RCI ship is sailing out of Boston (Jewel) and it is doing NE/Canada. Last year they had trouble filling the Boston-Bermuda-Caribbean cruises and had to dramatically discount sailings. I think that in an effort to promote cruises out of Bayonne, they may have decided that Boston isn't worth commiting a ship to it, whatever the itinerary.:(

Lets see...Canada in September/October?...roughly translated...55 degrees and dying leaves or St.Thomas...Aruba etc?
Eddie- I'll take Canada at 55 any day!!!

Vada

Baking in the southland of California :eek:

Eastern Canada in September and October is hardly the frozen north, but some people like to perpetuate the myth. :rolleyes:

It will definitely not be the same temperatures that you will find in Aruba or St. Thomas, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.;)

I, for one, like the cooler temps! I'm here in Ca with Vada, cooking! We've had at least 50 heat related deaths here. That's pretty bad, in my opinion. A lot of problems with nursing homes. It's just really sad.

I was looking forward to the mild weather in Eastern Canada in October. I was also sort of tickled that we were going to do the Western and Eastern extremities of Canada in one year. Oh well, I'm just waiting for the word from RCL.

As of this afternoon.........our Canada/New England cruise for October 6th has been removed from MY CRUISES...........

I would say the "official" word is very near.............

I was really sad to hear that our Oct 30, 2007 Boston to Fort Lauderdale cruise will be cancelled. We are booked for the same itinerary for THIS October (2006) but my husband fell off a ladder 10 days ago and fractured his heal. Although we have not cancelled the cruise yet (we have until the 21st of August to do so), it is pretty certain we will have to cancel as he will probably be on crutches for the next six months. The only thing that was keeping me from being totally disappointed in having to cancel this year's cruise was we were booked on the one for 2007 but it looks like that one won't be happening either. :(

cujosmom

sorry to hear about your husband and your disappointment. We are holding a cabin in the 12 night Explorer from NJ - sails on both 11 Nov and 2 Dec - good itinerary and the same pricing. You might want to look at at that.

Jill in NH

cujosmom, I'm on this year's Jewel repo too! That's more than 3 months from now....you don't think your DH would be able get around enough by then? Maybe he will have some sort of walking cast or something by then. He doesn't have to get off at the ports.....just stay on the ship and enjoy! I'd hate to see you miss out on this one.....who knows how they are going to schedule the Jewel in the future? It may not do any more itineraries out of Boston.

Let's all think good thoughts for him to heal enough to join us 10/31!!!

Emilygrace - Thanks for your kind words. It's the "not knowing" how far along he will be in the healing process that's the problem. From everything we've read of other people's fractured heals, it can take anywhere from 4 to 6 months before you can actually walk on the foot without crutches. And with the repo's fabulous itinerary with so much of it beach time, he wants to participate instead of staying on the ship or hobbling around on cruches and I don't blame him. We just won't know until final payment is due if we'll have to cancel or not.

Jill - I'll check out the Explorer's itinerary but it may also be too soon.

Cujosmom

Sorry I meant to say that the Explorer is for 2007. We were booked on the Oct 06 repo cruise but had to cancel so rebooked for Oct 07. Now with the cancellation of the 07 repo, we are doing the Explorer in 07.

Good luck on husbands recovery. We have gone to WDW with son in a cast and it is a pain, you are always worried about it getting wet.

Jill in NH

i too am booked for the 2007 repo boston to ft laud. called rccl they say the calendar is under maintainance or something its still not under my cruises but today i looked at the schedules and found it had doubled in price.. hope its still on ... if so all of us that booked got a great deal!!!!! ill keep my fingers crossed that its a go i wanted to do that cruise this year but didnt have anyone to go with, so instead i am going on the oct 15th freedom of the seas cant wait....

Will see you on the Freedom. Don't hold out much hope for the 2007 repo out of Boston. While they haven't announced their intentions, all signs point to the Jewel staying longer in Europe and repositioning from there directly to Ft. Lauderdale.:( We are booked on the transatlantic and still waiting to learn our fate. Maybe next week is what I am hearing.:(

Today..........................

Today or Monday we should all find out how we are affected and what if any compensation is going to be given. Some on the now deposed transatlantic of September 10th are starting to hear rumbles on what is going on with their cruise........

Today..........................

Today or Monday we should all find out how we are affected and what if any compensation is going to be given. Some on the now deposed transatlantic of September 10th are starting to hear rumbles on what is going on with their cruise........

Yes, we are hearing rumbles, and we don't like what we're hearing at all.

Yes, we are hearing rumbles, and we don't like what we're hearing at all.

Enquiring minds want to know, What are you hearing?

I just recieved a copy of the fax my ta got an hour ago from RC

For the 7 Night Canada New England cancelled cruises you can

1. Switch to the 9 night Canada/ NE out of NY on August 31 on the Explorer

OR

2. Switch to a 9 night Bermuda/Carribean out of NY on the Explorer

Both of these at prevailing rates...............

You will also recieve a $400 shipboard credit for suites or a $200 shipboard credit for bookings less than a suite.

But to get the credit you are limited to these 2 itineraries and sailings out of NY...........

According to the fax my ta got............8 cruises are cancelled.........each have various degrees of compensation but some only offer one or two sailings to switch to, in order to get compensation........also some, like the Canada/New England cruises cancelled, you must rebook at PREVAILING rates..........

The transatlantic does call for booking at the protected fare in like accommodations.

Hi,

I just heard from my travel agent. She said that the word will not be official until Monday. This is a copy of what I received. Hope it helps.

Rebooking can only be done from 7/31 to 8/14, so don't drag your feet.:rolleyes:

Guest currently holding reservations on JW 10/30/07 12-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Sailing (BOS/FLL):

Guests with names and money in house may move to:

Explorer of the Seas 9- Night Bermuda and Caribbean Sailings (BYE/BYE) between 05/11/07 and 08/17/07 at the prevailing rates.

Additional Offer:

Onboard credits will be offered to all guests for the 7 Night Canada/New England Sailings and 12 Night Westbound Transatlantic & Bermuda /Caribbean Cancelled Sailings, as follows:

$200 per stateroom On Board Credit for categories inside, outside and balcony

$400 per stateroom On Board Credit for categories suites

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment

The Re-accommodations Desks will open on Monday, July 31, 2006 and will remain open for incoming calls until Monday, August 14, 2006

Archived