Kids in Sept

ezmony54

OK...first of all....I love my grandkids, all 3 of them...But...I have had them all summer....thank goodness school is starting in 2 weeks. ;)

We were on the Miracle the first week of Sept last year. No problem..there were the little ones mostly (under 5 yo) actually they were so cute, made me miss my little stinkers at home.

Seriously: I help out my daughter with watching the kids in summer. So DH & I wait until they are settled in school until we vacation. I only saw a couple of younger kids (7-11 y.o.) in the dining room. Never saw them in the shops, pool, etc. If they were there they must have been awfull quite.

I could put in something about unruly adults....but hay....:D

We cruised last year mid Oct. and there weren't a lot of kids on the ship then. So....I think you will be pretty safe in assuming that most kids will be back in school at that time. Even the year round schools here are not on break then.
Less kids mean more smokers. Been there done that. I hope you can avoid most of that second hand smoke unless you already are a smoker. I hope you have fun on your cruise.

OK...first of all....I love my grandkids' date=' all 3 of them...But...I have had them all summer....thank goodness school is starting in 2 weeks. ;) [/color']

We were on the Miracle the first week of Sept last year. No problem..there were the little ones mostly (under 5 yo) actually they were so cute, made me miss my little stinkers at home.

Seriously: I help out my daughter with watching the kids in summer. So DH & I wait until they are settled in school until we vacation. I only saw a couple of younger kids (7-11 y.o.) in the dining room. Never saw them in the shops, pool, etc. If they were there they must have been awfull quite.

I could put in something about unruly adults....but hay....:D

I know what you mean about unruly adults. But cruising with well behaved kids is the fun of it. My family and I love doing this as a family, without the kids to me would be boring.

I'll be leaving out of Miami for my Caribbean cruise on September 2nd . . . are kids in school then? I really do love kids . . . heck, I even have one . . . although he's now nearly thirty! I'd just rather be on a cruise with more adults and less little ones.

We'll be sailing on the Valor on October 8th with our 4-year-old and 2-year-old daughters. While WE think that that they are the two cutest children ever born, we appreciate that not everyone on Earth may necessarily agree with us. :)

It's very tough to have a quiet dinner with little ones of those ages, so we plan on utilzing the Camp Carnival kids' dinners as much as possible on this cruise. Honestly, our girls will have more fun this way, and we (along with our tablemates and others in the dining room) will enjoy the dining experience much more as well.

For us, the key to traveling with children is being constantly vigilant as to what will work best for everyone...the kids, the parents, and yes....fellow guests. I've been accused of being hyper-vigilant with regard to my childrens' behavior in public, and that stems from witnessing a few too many parents who have let their precious little ones run wild. In my opinion, this is unfair to everyone. The children aren't being taught how to conduct themselves in public, and it's wildly unfair to the other guests. So, fellow travelers, I make you this promise. If my darling, precious bundles of cuteness begin to melt down (and they will, given their ages), I promise that I will perform parental duties and remove them from the premise before things get too crazy. I can't guarantee that they'll be perfect, but I CAN and WILL assure you that I won't abdicate or ignore my parental responsibilities at your expense.

:)

We'll be sailing on the Valor on October 8th with our 4-year-old and 2-year-old daughters. While WE think that that they are the two cutest children ever born, we appreciate that not everyone on Earth may necessarily agree with us. :)

It's very tough to have a quiet dinner with little ones of those ages, so we plan on utilzing the Camp Carnival kids' dinners as much as possible on this cruise. Honestly, our girls will have more fun this way, and we (along with our tablemates and others in the dining room) will enjoy the dining experience much more as well.

For us, the key to traveling with children is being constantly vigilant as to what will work best for everyone...the kids, the parents, and yes....fellow guests. I've been accused of being hyper-vigilant with regard to my childrens' behavior in public, and that stems from witnessing a few too many parents who have let their precious little ones run wild. In my opinion, this is unfair to everyone. The children aren't being taught how to conduct themselves in public, and it's wildly unfair to the other guests. So, fellow travelers, I make you this promise. If my darling, precious bundles of cuteness begin to melt down (and they will, given their ages), I promise that I will perform parental duties and remove them from the premise before things get too crazy. I can't guarantee that they'll be perfect, but I CAN and WILL assure you that I won't abdicate or ignore my parental responsibilities at your expense.

It would be a pleasure to cruise with you and your family!! You definitely sound like a responsible parent who is respectful and mindful of your surroundings... Great job!!!

I'll be leaving out of Miami for my Caribbean cruise on September 2nd . . . are kids in school then? I really do love kids . . . heck, I even have one . . . although he's now nearly thirty! I'd just rather be on a cruise with more adults and less little ones.

In Texas school starts August 14th.....

stevie17.. i am sure your little girls are darlings and very well behaved. it would be wonderful to travel with them, and you as parents as well. the fact that you realize that children need supervision at home and in public is the a wonderful plus for you as their parents. i have sailed with many children that were a pleasure to be on the ship with-- young and teens as well. the post about not wanting to cruise with a ship full of children comes mainly from the ones that run amuck through the ship, play games with the elevators, take over the adults only hot-tubs, run through the halls making loud noises late at night and just distrupting areas of the ship because they are bored or unsupervised and dont know what else to do. these are the ones that we are questioning as to whether it is the kids fault or the parents for their behavior.

take your 2 girls and have a wonderful time. they sound like well brought up examples that we wish there were more of. :) have a wonderful time.

We take our kids out of school to cruise, it is cheaper. We have gone in October, September and December and all of times there have been plenty of friends for them. If you are going with the worry about how many children you will encounter you will not enjoy yourself! Go with the flow! There will be kids!!!!

Could not imagine taking a vacation without the kids!! We take our children out of school also to go on cruises. There are special cruises for adults only I believe. Maybe couples that can't handle children should check into these voyages.:)

How refreshing to hear parents taking responsibility for their children and actually taking the time to raise them. Be assured that your children will be the big winners and will someday thank you, that you took the time to teach them. Well done! ;)

Less kids mean more smokers. Been there done that. I hope you can avoid most of that second hand smoke unless you already are a smoker. I hope you have fun on your cruise.

Got it! Obsessive compusive disorder?

*****? Lithium? Valium?:eek:

Got it! Obsessive compusive disorder?

*****? Lithium? Valium?:eek:

Not at all. I just love a smoke free environment for myself and my family. We want to remain smelling fresh and in good health. I have my printout of the non smoking areas already for my next cruise. I will be quick to point these out to rude smokers!

Ya know what? I grow weary of someone flaming a poster who asks a question about the presence of "brat" kids on board. I have a right to enjoy a cruise without some juvenile deliquent running into me or my wife at full speed on the promenade deck. Or listening to some kid (under 12years of age) threatening to beat another one up. My wife and I went on the Glory in July two years ago and the entire week was ruined by "unruly", unsupervised, down right mean kids who apparently didn't care if their parents were on board or not. I am 60 and my wife is 45 and we don't hate kids...we just wish they would behave with some human courtesy. I'll never cruise again in summer months or whenever kids are out of school.

I'll tell you one thing . . . if all parents were like you . . . it would be a joy to travel with families with lots of little ones . . . .

Ya know what? I grow weary of someone flaming a poster who asks a question about the presence of "brat" kids on board. I have a right to enjoy a cruise without some juvenile deliquent running into me or my wife at full speed on the promenade deck. Or listening to some kid (under 12years of age) threatening to beat another one up. My wife and I went on the Glory in July two years ago and the entire week was ruined by "unruly", unsupervised, down right mean kids who apparently didn't care if their parents were on board or not. I am 60 and my wife is 45 and we don't hate kids...we just wish they would behave with some human courtesy. I'll never cruise again in summer months or whenever kids are out of school.
Dont forget about those rude adults that drink way too much and are running into you while you are walking down the promenade deck. Maybe kids running around on cruises is a bit far fetched, I've never seen it. Maybe that was an isolated incident like my buddy that follows me around these boards says.

Not at all. I just love a smoke free environment for myself and my family. We want to remain smelling fresh and in good health. I have my printout of the non smoking areas already for my next cruise. I will be quick to point these out to rude smokers!

Wow! Your on a mission huh? I really feel sorry for you.

My DH and I have four exceptionally well behaved kids, and they have all been on multiple cruises. That being said, I have cruised during the summer months just once and have sworn it off for life. Reading these boards the past couple of years, I know that my experiences were not unique and they were not isolated incidents as some have suggested. It's not just kids running full speed down the the promenade, or playing elevator tag, or running and yelling down the halls at 2am, it's all of that and more. It's enough to ruin anyone's vacation. In fact, I have a theory....maybe THAT'S why some people get so completely snockered! If you drink enough, you won't even notice the little buggers.:D

Really, it's not even the small children that you would expect to be a little more high maintenance, it's usually the older ones that should know better. Our last cruise (September) my kiddos barely participated in the teen activities because most of the other kids (not their were many of them)were so obnoxious. Always trying to sneak bar drinks and get into the crew's quarters. Why? IMHO, their parents let them have complete freedom and never question where they were going, what they were doing, or who they were with. If you want a vacation from the responsibilities of parenting, then leave your kids at home. Don't ruin everyone else's trip.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now...:o

I am looking for a cruise also that goes during the school year. I teach and I love kids, but come on. Sometimes I want to have adult only conversations!

Being around kids for 10 months out of a year, I would like to be around mostly adults for at least 5 days. If they are well behaved, that's cool..but running down the hall and messing up the pool and making the food gross.. EW.

But I must admit, Camp Carnival kep the little ones out of sight, but the high school aged- now they need a Teen Camp Carnival.LOL

Archived