Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

We had the best of both worlds on our Spirit cruise earlier this month... we started out with Karan as our conceirge but he got off in Belize and Erica replaced him...

We weren't sure what to expect but Erica was fantastic... she was everywhere... she was in Cagney's every morning at breakfast and again at lunch... She even came by our suite every afternoon to see if there was anything she could do...

But she was a lifesaver on our last day when she led us off the ship in front of all the other passengers.... If we had not had her we would have missed our flight since several people have said they did not get through customs until after noon...

Karan said it's a guy named Ryan from the Philippines. He also said that Ryan was also a butler on the Gem with him.

That is great news. We also know Ryan and he was awesome as our butler on the Gem in the Courtyard Villa. After a while, you really do get to know the crew members each trip. I can't remember meeting a crew member that I didn't like.

That is great news. We also know Ryan and he was awesome as our butler on the Gem in the Courtyard Villa. After a while, you really do get to know the crew members each trip. I can't remember meeting a crew member that I didn't like.

Glad I could help!

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late posting after our Spirit cruise returning on May 8th, but here's what I have to report:

Our Captain was Kenneth Harstrom, and we were fortunate to meet and speak with this fine man a couple of times.

Hotel Director Sean Wurmhoeringer has just returned on May 29th, after Frank Hasenwinkel's outstanding job filling in. You are in great hands with either of these professionals.

Erika Heim has left on vacation from her Concierge position, and Bruce Van Der Boon is filling in. Bruce is normally the Group Service Coordinator.

Panos Trigas is the F&B Manager, and Manny Hernandez the Bar Manager. Gede is a great bartender in Champagne Charlies, and also heads the martini clinics.

Paul Scally is the Cruise Director.

For those needing help at the Front Desk, look for the manager "Bon" Villaluz if you need that level of assistance, though she is currently on vacation. We didn't have any problems, but she was very helpful with a complicated question I had, and she went "above and beyond" in getting the answer.

As long as I was "taking names", I might add a couple of our favorites:

An assistant Maitre D' in Lattratoria was terrific, and was especially nice to our young granddaugher, as well as entertaining. If you have little ones, it will be worth the visit to see Suharyanto, who goes by the nickname "Harry". He took the paper children's menu and made a frog that could jump out of it. We ate in Cagney's a number of times, and the whole staff is great. The names I recall were a waitress named Rogleizo Nanad, who likes to be called J Lo, and a young hostess named Rashada Faustino. They too went out of their way to make our GD feel special. In Windows, look for Kelton Fox, who was working with Aldo Ray. They made a great team.

Another gentleman on the Spirit worthy of recognition throughout NCL is Executive Housekeeper, Ralph Lawson. We've been on maybe 5 cruises with him and our cabins have been spotless. Our cabin stewards have been terrific, and though you normally see him carrying out his supervisory duties, he's a pleasure to talk to if you happen to see him. You may catch him at a Latitudes party, M & G, or a VIP cocktail party if you happen to be invited.

Ryan was our butler on our first Dawn sailing. He's awesome!

One addition to my note on the Spirt, is the Food and Beverage Manager is now Bernhard Schindlauer.

This photo taken today shows Sean, Berhnard, Ralph, and Bruce.

I guess as concierge, Bruce had to tone down his spikey hair? Bernhard was the F&B director when we were on the Spirit in January. Both he and Sean are old friends, and both from Austria.

I guess as concierge, Bruce had to tone down his spikey hair? Bernhard was the F&B director when we were on the Spirit in January. Both he and Sean are old friends, and both from Austria.

Below is Bruce as our Group Services coordinator on the May 1 cruise. Friends on the cruise returning yesterday said he did a phenomenal job as concierge. Their large group was there for a destination wedding on the beach in Bermuda, and Bruce's experience as a wedding planner was a big bonus for them. They could not say enough about the great service provided by NCL staff from top to bottom.

DSCN0885.jpg.7dc2eabf7d5a6fe20f23e90b2d477609.jpg

I heard recently that the Epic will have at least 2 Concierge's. They will initially be Alex Forbes and Karan Arora. What a team.

PE

When does this start? Last time I talked to Karan, he was scheduled to go on vacation tomorrow (6/15), return to the Pearl on 9/21 and be there through late March 2010/

When does this start? Last time I talked to Karan, he was scheduled to go on vacation tomorrow (6/15), return to the Pearl on 9/21 and be there through late March 2010/

That would be about right with the Epic to be completed (if on time) May 31 2010. He would have time for a vacation and then off to France.

We will be on the Dawn 6/21/09 does anyone know who the Concierge and Butler will be we are on deck 8 AFT also the cruise director is it Jonathan?

Thanks for your help

The four butlers on the 5/31/09 cruise were: Ravi, Anoop, Huda & Patrick.

The CD is John (don't know his last name -- he's an Aussie).

He leaves the Pearl on March 20, 2010. Then off to the Epic to assist with some training and then bring her out. Karan has come a long way in a relatively short time.

PE

The four butlers on the 5/31/09 cruise were: Ravi, Anoop, Huda & Patrick.

The CD is John (don't know his last name -- he's an Aussie).

Anoop will be going on vacation real soon and when he returns he will be going to the Pearl with Karan.

The CD you are talking about is John Ibrahim.

PE

Just got off the Dawn today. The current CD is John "Drop your pancakes and you sausages" Ibraham from Australia. He's just back from vacation, so he will probably be there for a while.

He leaves the Pearl on March 20' date=' 2010. Then off to the Epic to assist with some training and then bring her out. Karan has come a long way in a relatively short time.

PE[/quote']

Then Karan will be disembarking with us in Miami!

Archived