A couple of Radiance questions...

I know that Chops & Portofinos (and maybe Johnny Rockets?) are extra, but are they like a normal restaurant where you pay for whatever it is your order? Or is it just the cover charge and what you order doesn't matter?

Or both?

And what about internet in our cabin? If I bring my laptop and an ethernet cord, can I get internet there? Is it extra?

Thanks!

Having eaten at both speciality restaurants, you pay a per person cover charge, it was $15.00 in April 2006 and you can then select anything that is on the menu. Now remember, you Mixed drinks, beer & wine are extra.

Can't answer you question on the lap top because we just got ours and are going to be looking into the broadband mobil card to take on our next cruise. Can any other cruise critic members answer this?

There is no Johnny Rockets on the Radiance - but there is the Seaview Cafe, which is included in the cost of the cruise. The charge in Chops and Portofino's is $20.00 per person and you can order anything you want on the menu.

Internet in your cabin is an extra charge - you'll need to get the cable from Guest Relations in order to connect - an ethernet cord won't do it. Wireless internet is also available, but most likely won't work in your cabin. You would have to go to one of several hotspots on the ship to get wireless service after signing up for an account at the internet cafe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Radiance has chops and portofino, but not Johnny Rockets. In any case, the cover is $20pp no matter what you eat, but cocktails are extra. (Johnny Rockets, on ships that have it, is something like $3.99, not including milkshakes). All RCCL ships have wireless internet available at various hotspots (some people who are close enough can get access in their staterooms), and some ships (including Radiance) have the cyber stateroom available, which is essentially in-room dialup for a flat rate (about $100 for 7 days, limited availability).

The Radiance has both Chops and Portofinos, each of which has a $20.00 per person cpver charge. The Seaview Cafe' is free. There is no Johnny Rockets (yeah!!)

There is an additional charge in Seaview, Chops & Portofinos for all alcoholic beverages and soda. Iced tea and lemonade are free.

The Thermal Suite pricing starts at $15 per day per person, not half an hour. They have deals for couples and for part of the week and the full week. My best friend and I got a full week couples package for $100. It gave us unlimited access to the thermal suite the entire week and we loved it. When we came back from shore excursions, we headed straight there to relax, usually ended up taking a nap on the mosaic tile benches.

Archived