Volendam Neptune Lounge Question

GMoney

Hard to explain all the benefits but the categories are S and PS suites. None of the other so-called suites qualify. I believe the HAL website has information on the benefits. We were on the Volendam in February in an S category and enjoyed the Neptune Lounge. We're back to a B category on the Veendam next March as the cost of an S is quite a bit higher on a per diem basis than our Volendam per diem.

Neptune lounge is for either Penthouse suite or Cat S suites. Benefits are similar to concierge level lounge in some hotels, like the Ritz, though not as opulant. They assist suite passengers with booking dinners, excursions, spa treatments, handling any problems, etc. They also offer complimentary drinks and snacks at different times of the day. They have newspapers and magazines. The lounge can be a gathering place to meet people and you can usually stay there before disembarking rather than in one of the bigger lounges. One one cruise my MIL was sick, and they checked up on her and made sure she had what she needed.

I'm glad somebody got a deal but I couldn't find a cruise, that we wanted, that was even close to last year's per diem rate. We loved the Volendam so much that we even considered doing the exact same cruise again in 2007. The best deal I could find, and I researched pretty hard and got several quotes, was $1,400 more for exactly the same ship, dates, itinerary, and cabin.

PS - Just an off subject aside. I don't want to make a big deal out of this but I thought I'd mention that Carey is having surgery today. It finally became that time to address some female problems, I'm sure the ladies will understand what I mean. Without posting a completely OT thread I thought I'd just mention it here so some of our CC friends would know.

Neptune Lounge

Usually opens at 7 on port days and 7:30 on sea days and stays open until 8:30 in the evening.

Breakfast consists of rolls, pastries, cold cereals, meats, cheeses, yogurt, juices. Served from opening until around 11 AM.

At 11, small tea sandwiches are put out along with cookies and chocolates.

At 5 the above is replaced with cold appetizers and vegetables.

There is a coffee machine where you can get capaccino, lattes, etc all day long.

You can either eat there or take things back to your suite.

There are no cocktails there.

PS - Just an off subject aside. I don't want to make a big deal out of this but I thought I'd mention that Carey is having surgery today. It finally became that time to address some female problems, I'm sure the ladies will understand what I mean. Without posting a completely OT thread I thought I'd just mention it here so some of our CC friends would know.

Sending all good wishes the surgery goes smoothly and she has a full and fast recovery. Please let us know when all is done and you know she's fine.

Carey could have "kicked the can down the road" on the surgery to a later date but all sorts of medical circumstances came together that earlier was better than later. While it certainly wasn't a major deciding factor she did want to get the surgery done and full recovery over before the holidays and our cruise next March. As it turns out the procedure she had done has the quickest recovery possible, assuming no residual problems, so she should be totally on her feet within a few weeks. This was certainly not her "grandmother's" surgery.

It's a $1000 swing between B and S on my cruise, so I think I will stay where I am. :) Thanks for the quick response!

LOL ... I don't blame you. :)

That's the stumbling point that I've always come back to when deciding on a cabin category. I certainly want something comfortable ... a place I'd be glad to call home for a few weeks ... but for some of the money required to stay in those upper end suites, you could actually get a whole 'nother cruise for the same.

The Neptune Lounge sounds like a really neat place ... and the conveniences, I am sure, can't be beat. But for my money, I guess I'll just do without ... and book myself another cruise with the savings.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The Neptune Lounge sounds like a really neat place ... and the conveniences, I am sure, can't be beat. But for my money, I guess I'll just do without ... and book myself another cruise with the savings.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We own our own business, so we really have a hard time getting away, but when we do, we usually book a suite. The Neptune Lounge is going to be awesome, along with all the perks, but if we were able to get away more often, I'd also do without the suite and the perks and book another cruise with the savings. :)

Archived