Live from Zenith - Aug 5th Bermuda

LauraS

Folks,

I am looking for anyone who may have been on this last week's cruise on Zenith that had a plane to catch. How were the airport delays out of Newark? I am a Wisconsin girl and we are booked on the 9-16 sailing. We booked an 11:30A flight back to Milwaukee (before all of this terrorist activity) and now I am afraid that will not be enough time.

Does anyone have any first had experience from Saturday's disembarkation?

(I am thinking about changing my flight times - but it will cost me $100 PP to do so - YIKES)

[quote name='arldicmcki']What is the Summitt accident?[/quote]

Hi, click on this link and you can read about it.
[URL="http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1743"]http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1743[/URL]

[quote name='LauraS']Hi there!

I do plan on scanning the "activities" portion of the week's dailies -- that would be 12 sheets in all -- and will post a link in a few days. I myself tried to find these online, and now can see why someone hasn't already done it! The "daily" delivered to your stateroom -- if you scanned the whole day without the additonal papers added - would be 6 pages long!

Laura[/quote]

Laura,
Do you have access to Adobe PDF? This software will let you compress files, that can be viewed using "free" software, that is available from the Adobe website.

SeaYa42

[B][I]Just looking at the comments! Wow, looks like the Bermuda cruise was awsome! We will be going on the October 14 sailing.

Someone said St George "book a tour". St George is my favorite stop. We walk through town over the hill past the old Club Med resort to the beach. Another day walking through the town to the old fort. And the little park, is it still there? With all the beautiful flowers and lizzards! We have never met anyone at the park from the cruise! We are always the only one out walking.
Thank you so much for this thread! I have enjoyed it!

Someone was on the Summitt October 2005. We were there! The best criuse we've ever been on! [email]arldicmcki@aol.com[email]
Arlene[/I][/B][COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]

First I want to tell you thank you for relaying my messages to Sea Raider and Bermuda Rose. Just a bit of bad news and thought maybe you could get word out on Cruise Critic to the folks that live in the Clinton, NJ, Cokesbury Rd. area. I was getting ready to pick up Sea Raider and the crew at the port when I got a phone call from the people watching the family dog saying that he had gotten out of the house on Tuesday the 8th and couldn't find him. Celebrity allowed them to get off the ship ASAP (which I commend them on that) & we raced up to where the dog was seen last. The girls have been out looking for him since they got off the ship and are heartbroken. The dogs name is Lucky and is part golden retriver. Maybe someone that is on these boards lives around there and happened to see him. Thank you so much.

Ruthann

Laura,

you mentioned shuttle busses at the port. We came into Port Liberty last September on the Constellation, and I don't remember any shuttles. I thought we just walked off the ship and thru the terminal. Have I just forgotten? WE will be cruising on the Zenith next April on her repositioning cruise back to New York from the Caribbean.

Barbara

Laura, It was truly a pleasure to meet you and your sister and niece. What wonderful people you are. Thank you for bringing the lanyards to the C.C. get together. And I really appreciated my T- shirt. Our C.C. group may have been small but a FUN group. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. As for the cabins, we have never found them to be too bad and we always have three in our cabin. This time Victoria used a roll away. And the last time on the Mercury the love seat was a pullout. Our embarktion and disembarktion went well. The staff on ship are all wonderful. And for those of you who have posted about Anna in the Martini Bar and how wonderful she is...I agree and I told her about all the nice things passengers have said about her. She said to say thank you very much! This was my parents first cruise and they loved it. I am going to post more on the 55 plus board and the disabled passengers board as my Mom uses a walker and wheelchair. I found Don Fluke to be very personable. As for the shuttle bus...once you get out of the terminal you have to get on the shuttle to board the ship as it is quite a distance away. There is even a shuttle bus in the parking lot to bring you to the terminal after you have parked your car. We found everything quite organized. Take care everyone.

Peace, Anna:)

• Administrators
IThe whole vacation I ate cheeseburgers except one day when I had veal parmagian.

Hmmmm, this "food list" sounds vaguely familiar to me! lol

Laura

• Administrators
First I want to tell you thank you for relaying my messages to Sea Raider and Bermuda Rose. Just a bit of bad news and thought maybe you could get word out on Cruise Critic to the folks that live in the Clinton, NJ, Cokesbury Rd. area. I was getting ready to pick up Sea Raider and the crew at the port when I got a phone call from the people watching the family dog saying that he had gotten out of the house on Tuesday the 8th and couldn't find him. Celebrity allowed them to get off the ship ASAP (which I commend them on that) & we raced up to where the dog was seen last. The girls have been out looking for him since they got off the ship and are heartbroken. The dogs name is Lucky and is part golden retriver. Maybe someone that is on these boards lives around there and happened to see him. Thank you so much.

Ruthann

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. What a sad thing to happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find their puppy dog!

Laura

C 2 C... The captain of the Zenith is CAPTAIN THEODORE MITROPOULOS.

hisfirstm8....I think I responded about the shuttle after your post but just in case..... there is a shuttle that takes you from the terminal to the ship. It is on the other side of the terminal from where you enter to check in. It is quite a distance from the terminal to the ship. Easy access on the shuttle...ramp comes out for those that need it. There is also a shuttle that will take you from your parked car to the terminal. However, we were lucky enough to get parking within walking distance. Hope this helps.

Peace,:) Anna

Rianvi,

Do you also ride the shuttle when you depart the ship. When we sailed last year, we didn't board the ship in New York/New Jersey because it was a TA and we boarded in England. It seems like we just walked off the ship into the terminal and down to the taxi waiting for us. I may just be remembering wrong. Thanks for the help.

Barbara

Hello hisfirstm8...

Yes you board the shuttle from the terminal to the ship and from the ship to the terminal. I didn't see anyone walking either way. There really wasn't a wait, plenty of staff assisting people on and off. This one I am describing is the Cape Liberty Port in New Jersey. There is one in New York. Could you be thinking of that one? Anyway, you will have a wonderful cruise. We really enjoyed it. Wish we were still there.

Hope this helps.

Peace, Anna:)

Thanks for the info. Yes, we were at port liberty last September, but after 2 weeks of cruising, I may have forgotten the shuttle. We will be taking Celebrity transportation to the airport after the cruise, so at least we won't be looking for a taxi like the last time. Can't wait until April so be on the Zenith again!

Barbara

Hey Laura - thanks for the info!!! We are leaving Saturday on this cruise. Can't wait. My dghtr is hoping there are some kids around her age (12). We met very few people on roll call - none w/ kids. Celebrity always does a great job - I'm sure she'll enjoy this one as well.

Hi there!

I do plan on scanning the "activities" portion of the week's dailies -- that would be 12 sheets in all -- and will post a link in a few days. I myself tried to find these online, and now can see why someone hasn't already done it! The "daily" delivered to your stateroom -- if you scanned the whole day without the additonal papers added - would be 6 pages long!

Laura

Still holding out hope that you will be able to find the time to accomplish this task. We will be on board in October and would love to get a "sneak peek" at the dailies before boarding. Thanks again for all of the great information in the thread.

Jim

Laura, etal.

I did manage to find one recent example (Nov 2005) of the Celebrity dailies from another ship.

http://www.tomandemily.com/index_files/11262005ConstellationCruiseDocs.htm

It definitely is helpful to see the activities section, but since I only found this example of a different ship/itinerary, it only left me hungry to try and see an example of the one for our Zenith/Bermuda ship/itinerary.

If you do get around to scanning the activities section, please let us know where you post it.

One last question: to access the aft-deck "balcony" do you have to go up to deck 11 and walk down the stairs? Or, is there a door at the end of the hallway that goes out to the area (example: on deck 10 to get to the aft area). I'm booked port side, deck 10, around 5 cabins in from the aft end. Will I have to go up to 11, go through the cafe/grill area, then walk down stairs, -or- is there simply a door to go 'outside' at the end of my hallway from the cabin? It would be cool if we could 'shortcut' a few feet from our canin to go to a secluded public/semi-private balcony... The deck layout diagrams at the Celebrity website show stairs for accessing those areas, but it is unclear if there is a doorway at the end of the hallway.

Laura, etal.

One last question: to access the aft-deck "balcony" do you have to go up to deck 11 and walk down the stairs? Or, is there a door at the end of the hallway that goes out to the area (example: on deck 10 to get to the aft area). I'm booked port side, deck 10, around 5 cabins in from the aft end. Will I have to go up to 11, go through the cafe/grill area, then walk down stairs, -or- is there simply a door to go 'outside' at the end of my hallway from the cabin? It would be cool if we could 'shortcut' a few feet from our canin to go to a secluded public/semi-private balcony... The deck layout diagrams at the Celebrity website show stairs for accessing those areas, but it is unclear if there is a doorway at the end of the hallway.

There are doors at the ends of the corridors on decks 8/9/10. They have turned Deck 9 into a sports area and there is little to no seating there. What a shame. it was one of the best kept "secrets" on the Zenith.

These were great observations.

We enjoyed our trip to Bermuda on Zenith. Here is a very detailed review of Zenith to Bermuda. Hints and tips about the ship, island transportation, beaches, caves, forts and sea glass. http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

For example, did you know you could walk from St. George to a beach with a small cave on the shore and gather all the sea glass you can carry? Did you know you can easily walk to an incredibly cool Fort in Hamilton that has underground passageways and a moat you can explore?

Archived