C & A Wine Testing?

Yes we usually participate. The tasting is geared towards people who are not wine experts or even regular broad drinkers. The wines are generally the lower portion of the wine list on the ship. That being said the price is right, free, and you will taste 7 or so wines and have cheese, crackers and fruit, and some basic education on wine types.

jc

DH and I went on our VOS cruise last year and really enjoyed it. I'm a fwine drinker so I found it very informative and it allowed us to taste a wide variety of wines. I would suggest going if you can work it into your schedule.

Just realize that the tasting event is the one in the dining room only. Not the one at Vintages (wine bar). I go on every ship if I can and I've picked up lots of great knowledge of wine a little at a time.

Also keep in mind that it's almost always on the first day after sailing. If you wait, you'll have missed it, most probably. Make sure your stateroom attendant gets you your coupon book on the first night.

It can also help you decide on a wine to order with dinner. On our last cruise we tasted a red that ordinarily we would not have ordered from a wine list, but enjoyed it so much we ordered a bottle at dinner two different nights.

Some very good points were made above. The coupon for the free tasting is NOT valid at Vintages which has several tastings during the week. The coupon is only valid at the one tasting that is held in the dining room very early in the cruise.

If you are doing the Eastern route on Mariner and you think you might want to do a tasting on one of the last two sea days to fill up some time on the ship...forget about it unless you want to pay for the one in Vintages. By the time we even started to think about doing an activity like that the one wine tasting that the coupon was good for had come and gone.

As for the past cruisers party, we had a invitation delivered to our stateroom anouncing the date and time and place.

Archived