Night light For bathroom

Mlascheid

Is there an electrical outlet in the bathrooms? Would like to put a light in there for my 7 yr. old's middle-of-the-night trips the the bathroom! :)

Yep, there sure is, I use one for my middle-of-the-night trips.

It is usually located in the housing for the hair dryer. Depending on the style, not all night lights will fit. The smaller and flatter the better, I have found. You might also consider taking one of those "tap lights" in case the electrical outlet is not suited to your night light.

(Double post.)

But while I'm here, I also keep the light on and the door closed. Since I have sensitive eyes, however, I do wear sunglasses while I'm in there as the sudden shift from dark cabin to bright bathroom is a bit much.

The location of the outlet in the bathroom will depend on the ship. In our bathroom on the Noordam, there was just one. It is right by the entry door on the side of the medicine cabinet and marked for electric shavers only. (Simply meaning, I guess, that they don't want you to plug hair dryers in there.)

We just leave the bathroom light on and with the door closed there is enough light to find the door.
We do the same, both on cruise ships and in hotel rooms. It is one less thing to worry about bringing with us; I know, they are small, but still, one less thing. NMNIta

There would be too much light with the light left on so we each have our own little LED flashlights. It would be blinding going in and really dark coming out into a dark room. Usually there is some corridor light coming in under the cabin door. They leave a large gap there so the sail'n sign printout can fit under that last night.

I found that an old night light I had fit in the outlet just fine, but any new ones I have bought since I left the old one in the outlet one cruise have not fit. The larger prong will not go in the outlet. Which makes me wonder how electric shavers fit.

Electric shaver cords have two small prongs rather than the big one and the little one. (ie., the big is the neutral, and the small is the hot) They may even have a small isolation transformer powering the shaver only outlet to help limit fault currents should the shaver drop in the sink full of water.

For screw-in bulb night lights, the bigger prong (neutral) goes to the screw side of the bulb since that's what you might accidently touch.

We do the same as most of you just leave the light on the bathroom and the door ajar to let some light. However it did not prevent me from kicking the unmovable table in the middle of the cabin one night. Broke a nail, too, darn it.

We always travel with a small night light. Especially good when the bathroom light is connected to the exhaust fan (and some of them are noisy). I just leave the night light with my pre-packed travel things, otherwise I would not always remember to take it with us.

I always have a portable book light to read by, and that's enough light to use the bathroom. However, we found some tap lights on sale and I'm planning on bringing it on our next cruise and see how that works out. Every time we've brought a nightlight, it didn't fit the bathroom outlet.

Tinknock50....

Do you also bring your own fishing rod in order to have fresh fish for that hibachi? ;)

Yea, but caught nothun'..........called the front desk and had them ask if the captain could slow down the boat so fish could atleast keep up with durn bait!

They just hung up....let me tell you that went on my comment card!

Yea, but caught nothun'..........called the front desk and had them ask if the captain could slow down the boat so fish could atleast keep up with durn bait!

They just hung up....let me tell you that went on my comment card!

Don't give up...keep on them until you get results! What's the point in having a balcony if you can't even catch a fish or two for dinner??:D

Don't give up...keep on them until you get results! What's the point in having a balcony if you can't even catch a fish or two for dinner??:D

At this point I am too traumatized by their refusal to slow down and let me fish:(

I am thinking 50% off my next cruise and MAYBE I will get over the trauma.

Dang! this thread took a sharper turn than the Crown Princess!:eek:

Ain't that the truth!!:D It's amazing how the mind can wonder.... And to think all of this started because I had teeny, tiny question about a night light!;) I hope I'm on that cruise, so Tinknock can invite me over for a cookout! Should we even get started about having a hot plate in your cabin?

Archived