a few more questions

Louise45

1. I usually drink tea or water with my meals. do I have to buy water then? or can I take a bottle from my room? is the tea sweetened?

2. are the rooms equipped with 120 plug-ins?

3. do they have kleenex in the rooms?

Tap water is available on all ships without charge. Tap water on most ships is better than most bottled waters you can get at home. Bottled water on most lines is charged for.

Iced tea is available without charge on most, if not all, cruiselines. It usually is not sweetened. Hot tea is usually available without charge as well. A lot of people like to make their own "iced" tea by brewing a cup of hot tea, adding their sweeteners, and then pouring it over ice.

Yes, ships usually have both types of plugs. Be aware that most staterooms only have 1 or 2 plugs so if you need to plug in more than one thing at a time, you may want to bring an extension cord.

Yes, kleenex are in the rooms.

Hi Louise. It's helps to mention which ship or cruiseline. They aren't all alike in what is included in your fare or not.

Carnival - Here's something from a post of mine from awhile back:

Included in the cost of your cruise:

Lido buffet area - Iced tea, hot water & tea bags, water, coffee, decaf, hot chocolate, juice varieties, lemonade, fruitpunch. On buffet, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk.

Dining room - Iced tea, hot tea, water, coffee, decaf, milk, chocolate milk, juices, espresso and cappuccino.

Room service - MOST of the beverages that are available on Lido, but not lemonade or fruitpunch.

the tissue in most of the ships' bathrooms is not Kleenix. In one case, it was a brand so inferior that it scratched a pair of glasses. We always buy the small packs of Kleenix and take them with us. you only need one nose cold to convince you that the tissue is not one and the same. Now, it there was as easy a cure for the toilet tissue...

Charlie

A question for all who have been on cruises before. What drinks come with the drink pass? My kids aren't soda drinkers but love juice and teas. We were just wondering if it is worth it to purchase the drink pass.

Traveling on Carnival Legend 8/16/06..YES THAT IS IN 5 DAYS:D First cruise we can't wait.;)

A question for all who have been on cruises before. What drinks come with the drink pass? My kids aren't soda drinkers but love juice and teas. We were just wondering if it is worth it to purchase the drink pass.

Traveling on Carnival Legend 8/16/06..YES THAT IS IN 5 DAYS:D First cruise we can't wait.;)

If by "drink pass" you mean a soda card, it is good for all sodas as well as Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers, but NOT for bottled water.

For a list of beverages already included in your cruise fare, for which no card or payment is required, see Cotton's post, #4, of this thread.

the tissue in most of the ships' bathrooms is not Kleenix. In one case, it was a brand so inferior that it scratched a pair of glasses. We always buy the small packs of Kleenix and take them with us. you only need one nose cold to convince you that the tissue is not one and the same. Now, it there was as easy a cure for the toilet tissue...

Charlie

What a great post regarding scratching the lenses: these cruise lines buy thousands of wathever items they stock on the ships. If they can save 40 cents an item that they buy 100,000/ year/boat, then they just added $50,000.00/year/boat to their bottom line. It should not be assumed that they put the best stuff in there...

Thanks - I will remember to bring our favorite brand.

Charlie

Most lenses scratch easily. To minimize the risk always spray the lenses with a lens cleaning solution before wiping. Dry wiping is never a good idea, regardless of the cloth or paper used.

Charlie

You should not be using facial tissue, even Kleenex to clean your glasses.

Archived