Don't mind me...I'm just hitting my head against a wall....

Joe_Antonelli

Just to some one reiterate. Parrotheads comments are what I am talking about. He enjoys X as do I and his experiences on Carnival while not atrocious are not what I am looking for. It is against human nature to not form an opinion after reading numerous reviews like that. It's not fair to say you shouldn't form an opinion based on reviews.

It's funny that you are "blaming" other people for stereotyping but at the same tyme doing the same. ;)

"I wouldn't sail HAL (not yet anyway) because of the age demographics"....

What is a HAL's age demographics?

QUOTE]

I am not blaming people for deciding NOT to cruise Carnival...have you read my posts or just skimmed them?

I think it is wrong to 'trash' a ship/line AND it's passengers when you have never sailed it.I think it's wrong to 'trash' other people period.

The review above by Parrothead is wonderful...did he enjoy Carnival? No, I'd say it wasn't his cup of tea...that is what a review is.

I am speaking of people who look down their noses at others.

I said in my post that I have decided not to sail HAL yet because HAL does have an older passenger base. Of course there are all age brackets on all lines, but HAL does have more people over the age of 50 than Carnival OR RCI or most likely most of the other lines. I did not speak badly about the people who sail HAL or the line. How you can say that I am doing 'the same'? It's not even close to being the same.

It's funny that you are "blaming" other people for stereotyping but at the same tyme doing the same. ;)

"I wouldn't sail HAL (not yet anyway) because of the age demographics"....

What is a HAL's age demographics?

QUOTE]

I am not blaming people for deciding NOT to cruise Carnival...have you read my posts or just skimmed them?

I think it is wrong to 'trash' a ship/line AND it's passengers when you have never sailed it..

Have you sailed HAL? You are talking about age demographic on HAL without sailing with them once. ;)

Just to some one reiterate. Parrotheads comments are what I am talking about. He enjoys X as do I and his experiences on Carnival while not atrocious are not what I am looking for. It is against human nature to not form an opinion after reading numerous reviews like that. It's not fair to say you shouldn't form an opinion based on reviews.

You have totally misunderstood me.

I have gone back and re-read what I posted....I don't understand why several of you have misinterpreted me.

Obviously making choices on reviews you have read and comments you have heard and suggestions you have been given is GREAT....it's what you are supposed to do and it is why boards like this exist.

I get upset with people who sit around and degrade passengers on other lines, making rude comments about them and having never been on the ship!

My being upset has nothing to do with whether you decide to sail Carnival or not....that would be insane

I just get a lousy taste in my mouth when I read people's comments on Carnival's 'trashy' passengers by people who have never been on a Carnival ship.

Does everyone get it now???

I posted a response on this thread to begin with because I believe that the original post was meant to start a 'Carnival Bashing' thread and my first repsonse was to thank you all for not falling for the bait.

Please re-read.

Have you sailed HAL? You are talking about age demographic on HAL without sailing with them once. ;)

I HAVE NOT 'TRASHED' HAL

just to make you all smile and know how 'RIGHT' you all are, because it seems that is important to all of you...and say that you must all be men, because no woman would twist my words to suit their purpose like you all have. I also assume all of you are very poor at comprehension....dyslexic, maybe???

Stereotyped enough????

Just found this over on the Carnival board...

I have been in Rome in Late July and August. It was very difficult to find a business NOT open. The vacation worries you are all having are not valid.

The only thing we found was LESS TRAFFIC. You could actually cross the street without being run over.

ALL tourist attractions were open but were less crowded.

We wouldn't hesitate going back to Rome in the summer...BUT IT WAS HOT!

SUGGESTION: Go to the first McDonalds you see and get a tourist map of Rome. It was the best map we had. It also shows the location of ALL the McDonalds in the city. When you are walking and it's 90 degrees plus, you might want to walk on the street where the next McDonalds is so you can get a cold drink. McDonalds are ALL air conditioned and beer costs the same as sodas (cheap). It comes out of the tap next to the soda fountain.

Enjoy!!

Of course I replied with:

I don't want to start a flaming war but, why in the world would anyone travel all the way to Italy or any other world-wide destination and go to McDonalds?????? Isn't the point of traveling to experience different cultures?? Next thing you'll tell post is that you're disappointed you couldn't find a Walmart in Rome!! :rolleyes:

I know I'll get flamed for this one!!

Joe...starting trouble again...this is tongue-in-cheek humor.

There are a LOT more comments like that on the Carnival boards because they all poke fun at the stereotype that others have inflicted on them.

Most of the time, these posts are quite funny.

If you all are dense enough to sit there and believe that people who go on European cruises eat at McDonalds, then I feel sorry for you.

Can we start a dyslexic club similar to the Xsnobs club? I am sorry but I had to have a little bit of fun with the Carnival cruiser stirring the pot over here. No hard feelings halo it actually makes things more interesting when you guys come over! But then again it is just a big boys club here!

On second thought after reading the latest post by Joe...I retract my apology.

Thanks to all who realized the post was just an immature slam....the kind I have been speaking of.

Joe :)....youre like the nicer version of me ....ive been known to ruffle some feathers on the carnival board when i give my opinion on what kinda peeps sail with carnival.....but as u said, reasoning with them over these things gets us about as far as trying to convince them that paying 16% on credit card debt is for dummies......lucky for me i enjoy a good spat:)

I see we're actually talking like an adult here. Amazing...but it's still dribble.

OP - Jealous? NOT!

Robbyxoxo, you are just all over the place aren't you. What you fail to realize is that there are some of us that have been reading your posts for over a year now and well, all of those Carnival cruises under your belt should say something.

To be honest, I would love to try all of the lines at least once just for the experience of something different. My vacation is what I make of it, no-one else.

No...she's not. She simply stated that "she wouldn't sail HAL "yet" because of the age demographic.

I won't sail Seabourn....YET. I'm a little young for that crowd - this is JMO and that is all Halos was doing.

I have sailed Celebrity once on the Mercury to Alaska. I have sailed Carnival twice and have another one booked all to the Caribbean (Western, Eastern, and now Southern)...

Celebrity is my favorite overall line due to the Service aspect- I am in the Service/Hospitality industry. I personally can't afford to cruise Celebrity as much as I can afford to cruise Carnival or maybe I would. Carnival offers me more choices in itineraries and with this cruise I have 2 ports that we don't leave town till about 10pm.

I like cruising alot, but alternate land and cruise trips so I don't get bored. Celebrity offers alot of things that are absolutely wonderful, but not much nightlife (could have been the Alaska thing). Carnival makes me feel younger when I'm on board, but the service and food are only mediocre. I eat too much on board anyway, so the food shouldn't be an issue :)

I hope to come back to Celebrity one day or maybe I'll find a really great deal I can't pass up! I'm definitely a balcony only cruiser, so it limits the specials.... I do read these boards quite often, but don't really post cuz my cruise was in the late 90's and I don't have alot of offer that most of y'all do.

For now though, I'm cruising Carnival and do love it!

I hope that both boards will learn to respect all cruisers a little more- no matter how much money they make, what line they prefer, or how old they are.....

Keep on Cruising :) Does Celebrity do Tahiti yet?? That is my absolute dream cruise and I will never be able to afford the Paul G I'm afraid...

Can we start a dyslexic club similar to the Xsnobs club? I am sorry but I had to have a little bit of fun with the Carnival cruiser stirring the pot over here. No hard feelings halo it actually makes things more interesting when you guys come over! But then again it is just a big boys club here!
I don't see it as stirring the pot, unless of course it's our adolescent (won't mention any names). Seems like every time an CCL cruiseer comes to another board they get slammed or they are accused of stirring the pot". Personally I think it's p**is envy. How many ships does "X" have? See - it's attitudes like this, NOT JEALOUSY, that get everyone's panties in a wad. Just because one person chooses one line over another doesn't make them better or worse than someone else.

Your inital question was nothing more than a jab. Nothing more than an attempt to put "yourself" ABOVE someone else. I don't know DebBrown, nor do I know Halos or any other CCL cruisers that have posted here for that matter so this defense isn't for them. It's becuse we all are here for a common interest....the love of cruising. Nothing more....nothing less. Last time I checked no cruise line had a "membership application".

I would love to sail on the Celebrity "adults only" cruise this fall, but if the sentiment of the majority of Celebrity pax is like yours and Joe A's.....well you can take your ship and stick it......and I can suggest a place to put it if you'd like.

Now please go ahead and slam me for some grammatical or spelling error. I can take it.

i AM all over the place, arent i :)..i am on both boards now because i have a carnival cruise in dec and a celebrity cruise in jan...all the carnival cruises under my belt only proves that im a cheap aszzz, too cheap to pay up for quality and service.....to that i admit.......the price i pay is being stuck onboard with 2500 other ppl of the type that i normally wouldnt socialize with......always with a few exceptions thrown in:).........i would certainly guess that Celebrity passengers are of a higher income and higher education compared to Carnivals......they are prolly more likely to be into following the stock market, as opposed to following the world wide wrestling federation......Oprah would be more likely to sail Celebrity, if forced to choose between the two lines..:) God, i love her.............most of my postings surround observations of the obvious......talk to 100 TAs and see how many of them rate Carnivals food and service as better than Celebrities.....how many of them will tell u that carnival provides a classier experience........thats all i be sayin.....if u love bowling and walmarting and monday nite football and all that stuff, then Carnivals crowd is for u....im not into those things.....i dont blend well with carnival peeps.....if ur a carnival peep, kewl for u.....i aint mad at ya:)

Robbyxoxo

I was on the Carnival Conquest last November and being the gabber that I am i met and struck up conversations with a whole lot of people. I am trying to figure out which one of them follwed wrestling and went bowling and shopped a K Mart

Hmmmmmmm

lets see

It wasn't the heart surgeon and his wife from Houston

I don't believe the husband and wife lawyers from NYC , we had a ball with them in Cozumel, and then we met up with them in NYC this past January and they didn't mention bowling.

Ya know it could have been the older couple at the next table, maybe since they retired and sold their chain of funeral parlors maybe they have plenty of time to watch wrestling and go bowling. Of course they were all too busy meeting new people and having a ball to bring it up

I just want to tell you that I enjoy cruising. I have been on quite a few lines and have enjoyed them all. I DO like Carnival--and I am not a "party animal" but a little old 70 something lady. But, I DO like Celebrity, too. I think it all depends who you are cruising with and your attitude!! All cruise lines are a bit different and offer some different but fun things to do!!

Sure, there are things I like and don't really care for on each of the different lines ships!! But, that doesn't spoil my joy of cruising.

Cruising is what we make of it!! If we go with the attitude that we really aren't going to like this line or whatever, we will have a terrible time!!

I have sailed on Orient Lines Marco Polo (1), NCL various ships (11), Princess various ships (6), RCCL (3), Celebrity (3), HAL (1), Carnival (9) and Costa (1). My very first cruise was many years ago to Hawaii on the Matson Lines (now gone bye bye).

Marilyn

i AM all over the place, arent i :)..i am on both boards now because i have a carnival cruise in dec and a celebrity cruise in jan...all the carnival cruises under my belt only proves that im a cheap aszzz, too cheap to pay up for quality and service.....to that i admit.......the price i pay is being stuck onboard with 2500 other ppl of the type that i normally wouldnt socialize with......always with a few exceptions thrown in:).........i would certainly guess that Celebrity passengers are of a higher income and higher education compared to Carnivals......they are prolly more likely to be into following the stock market, as opposed to following the world wide wrestling federation......Oprah would be more likely to sail Celebrity, if forced to choose between the two lines..:) God, i love her.............most of my postings surround observations of the obvious......talk to 100 TAs and see how many of them rate Carnivals food and service as better than Celebrities.....how many of them will tell u that carnival provides a classier experience........thats all i be sayin.....if u love bowling and walmarting and monday nite football and all that stuff, then Carnivals crowd is for u....im not into those things.....i dont blend well with carnival peeps.....if ur a carnival peep, kewl for u.....i aint mad at ya:)

And that about sums it all up. Thanks for giving us true Carnival lovers such a great reputation....NOT.

Robbyxoxo

You talk about the 2500 people you will be stuck with , how about the 2500 people who will be stuck with you?

And come off it OPRAH would not sail Celebrity or any other cruise line. If she doesn't already have her own yacht , she would rent some private one for just her private party.

Hell she doesn't even need a consierge or a butler, she already has one

STEADMAN

You talk about the 2500 people you will be stuck with , how about the 2500 people who will be stuck with you?

He shoots....he scores!!

Debbie - Very VERY well said.

I say we make yet another "club". One which we can ALL avoid sailing on the same ship as the "Roid" of life"".

*Makes note to buy some Preperation H*

Livtojump

Roid of Life !!!!!!!! *LOL* I love it

I'd like to see 2500 PAX form a posse.

When was the last time you saw a good old fashioned walking of the plank on a cruise ship :)

Roid of Life !!!!!!!! *LOL* I love it

I'd like to see 2500 PAX form a posse.

When was the last time you saw a good old fashioned walking of the plank on a cruise ship :)

LOL....Some folks I just don't understand. Nuff said! ;)

:eek:

With the above posse, I don't think the plank would be necessary....

Archived