Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

I will be on CENTURY 2 weeks from today.....hopefully

he will be accessable....would be nice to have a chat with him

too:D :)

Hi Lois !

Captain Pagonis is one of the very best Captains in Celebrity's fleet. He is extremely personable and often seen walking around the ship. On one of last years Century sailings, he even did a sit down in the Celebrity Theater and allowed the audience to ask questions of the Captain. I thought this was a great touch !

After the presentation, he was kind enough to answer additional questions, and even spent a few minutes with me, one on one. I was very impressed.

I truly hope we meet Captain Pagonis again in the near future !

My husband and I and 2 other couples who are freinds of ours went on Century in 1999 and had dinner with then Staff Captain Nickolis Patronis. What a nice, freindly and very personable man he is. It was our first time having dinner with the Captain and still speak of it whenever we get together. At that time my girl friends and I called him Capt. 'Nicky', although he will definitely get our respect and call him Capt. Patronis now. The other couples also was on Century last June and had dinner again with him and he hasn't changed at all. Now we look forward to seeing him again in 2 weeks. I am on the same cruise as Lois. HI Lois!!;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the following roster of Century on the Transatlantic sailing. I have removed the opinions expressed to protect the guilty...:eek:

Master- Nicholas Pagonis

Hotel Director- Marisa Rebelo-

Staff Captain- Xenofon Livanios

CD- Stewart Turnbull-

Activities Manager- Wendy.

Activities Staff- Shane, Chani Michael- and Aleysia,

Captain's Club Hostess-Marissa Medal, very nice

Future Cruise-Jose

Restaurant Manager-Jorge Simoes

Asst Maitre'ds-Ante, Andrew, Timothy, Vilarel, Petre and upstairs is Predrag

Does anyone have information on who is the cruise director on the Galaxy? We just got off the Summit and were not happy with the cruise director , Natalie.This was our third time on the Summit and we were spoiled by John Howell. There were days that Natalie was not seen around the ship.And when she was seen she lacked enthusiasm. Doesn't appear to be out going with the passengers. We are on the Galaxy's transatlantic on May 3rd. and hope we have a better cruise director.The cruise itself was great. Celebritys staff is by far the most friendly and accommodating on the seas. Natalie truely fell below our expectations.

Burg 80

Natalie is done on Summit anyone know who took her place starting 12/21/07?

Hi, I will be on Galaxy March 7th and will be glad to let you know

who the CD is upon returning home.

As for CENTURY, just returned home and I thought Stewart was

very nice.

Never met the Captain and the CC hostess was ill for a couple of days.

I met her on my way off the ship while I was sitting in the theater waiting

for my color to be called.

I know Michael and Channi from previous cruises and they are really

fun people:).

Arno, that is quite a detailed list:) I know a few of those Maitr'ds as well and

it was so nice seeing everyone again!

Hi Walter !

I am sorry, but I do not have an exact date. I heard that John should be joining Constellation around November 16th, but I am not 100% positive on the date. If I find out additional information, I will post it here.

We had John Howell on the Constellation on the two week Canada/New England sailing. Wonderful Cruise Director as always!!! We were also blessed to have him in 2006 on a Summit cruise to Alaska!! We have been so lucky. He has the best personality and is always seen around the ship and talking with customers. He is worth his weight in gold!!!

Hi Arno !

From what I have been reading on the Azamara Boards, Cruise Directors Andrea Olivieri and Rebecca Field (Becky) have switched ships. Andrea is back on Journey, and Becky is now on Quest.

Have you considered moving Quest and Journey's information to the Azamara Board ? It would be great if you could list the information there.

Happy Holidays !

Allen King was the cruise director on Summit in Hawaii during our oct/nov cruise this fall.

This list is not accurate because there are holiday replacements as well as transfers since I sailed on these ships

The Cruise Directors might be:

Infinity? Dru Pavlov

Simon Weir? Promoted? Hotel Director?

Summit: John Howell

Century: Allan King

? Nick Weir

Galaxy: Shawn Cavanah

Mercury: Robin ?

Zenith?

Millennium?

Allen King was the cruise director on Summit in Hawaii during our oct/nov cruise this fall.

Allan King is now on Infinity.

How far back did you pick up my quote? Zenith is no longer a Celebrity ship and Shawn Cavanah was fired over a year ago.

Contracts of various people on board last from three to six months so the names are always changing. Some are also holiday replacements and their location might change after a month or two.

Good Morning.

Thank you so much for posting the picture of the ship in Flam. I have booked this trip for July 29,2008. Your picture is beautiful.

Can you please share some of your experience of this cruise and any reccomendation. I sincerely appreciate any tidbit of information.

Thanks

msliv:)

We've just got off Mercury in Sydney and our Cruise Director was Damian Delorenzis with his wonderful assistant James. They really worked well together and were both very approachable and fun. The CC Hostess was Natalie Cavanaugh, she too was excellent both professionally and socially. Also I must mention Sheila who was the CC co-ordinator and excellent at that. She was there to greet us at our CC get togethers chatting to everyone on each leg of our 3 x b2b cruises. As we had so many CCers we held 2 CC parties per leg, it was fun as everyone got on so well together.

Captain Nickos Frantzis was on the first two legs of our cruise and Captain Kostas Patsoulas on the third leg. Both would joke that we hoped we knew where we were going because it was a first for them, and a first for the ship too on it's inaugral cruise to Sydney from Ensenada. It was a very special and happy cruise for us all.

Jillybean:)

Any ideas on who will be Captain, Hotel director, Cruise Director etc. on th Infinity in February 08.

Angie

I don't think there will be many changes because these positions just started their latest rotation in Dec. But no one can predict staff changes.

Arno

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from 13 night Holiday cruise (January 4th)on Galaxy. Here is the the list of Senior Officers and Others.

Master---Captain Isidoros Karamaounas

Staff Captain---Panayotis Mantzavinos

Hotel Director---Damien O'Connor

Cruise Director---Martin Blanar

Food & Beverage Manager---Pieter Esterhuizen

Captain's Club Hostess---Sueli LeGal

Cruise Sales Manager---Laura Goor

Concierge---Claudio Barry

A word to those Cruising Galaxy...She is in fine shape, Clean and well Maintained---Yes the big windows in the Stratesphere Lounge are still clouded over. It didn't bother me and yes there is still vibration in the aft. Book midships and the problem disappears. Food quaility is high and the service was great. Enjoy.

George & Joyce,

Glad to hear you had a great time on Galaxy. She is still my favorite!!

Hope y'all are doing well! What about the grandkids?

Take care,

Donna

Great to hear from you. Grandkids are doing fine. Sara will be 7 in March and Abby will be 4. Sent my regards to Justin and the kids.

You, too!! My Sarah will be 12 this April, Raymond 13 in February.

Sorry we had to cancel that Galaxy cruise (I think you guys rescheduled yours before we cancelled though). I do hope we'll meet up again one day! I se you are on Solstice next. Afraid we won't be on that one. We're looking to go a little more South!

Donna

Archived