Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

What difference does it really make as to who is on board. Seems rather pointless to track this as they switch ships and contracts so often that you can hardly plan a cruise around who the captain is going to be etc.

For people who cruise a lot or those who are just returning to a ship they have sailed on before, certain staff members have added to the pleasure of cruising. I for one enjoy tracking the captains, the cruise directors and Captain's Club host(ess) who greet me by name whenever we return to our home away from home.

Arno

Hi C2C,

Cruise Director Andrea Olivieri who was on Journey has left the company. Good luck gathering your info.:)

Thanks for the information. I'll try and track down who will have replaced her. Elisha Oltmann on Constellation last month, was being promoted to Future Sales staff.

For people who cruise a lot or those who are just returning to a ship they have sailed on before, certain staff members have added to the pleasure of cruising. I for one enjoy tracking the captains, the cruise directors and Captain's Club host(ess) who greet me by name whenever we return to our home away from home.

Arno

I agree. So, Arno, thanks for keeping this chart current. When we return from the Infinity B2B, I will provide you with updates.

Hi again C2C,

Andrea Olivieri is a he not a she. A very handsome and well educated Italian. He was by far the best cruise director we have ever met. Met him on Journey in November.

Sorry.:o I have never had the pleasure of meeting him nor sailing on Azamara.

Updates re Mercury:

We were on Mercury from 17 Feb 08 to 16 Mar 08. The following is from Celebrity Today! of 14 Mar 08:

Staff Captain: Philippos Dimoulas

Hotel Director: Sonja Gruber

Cruise Director: Damian De Lorenzis

CC Hostess: Tanushka

Master: Kostas Patsoulas*

* Captain Kostas Patsoulas was finishing his sojourn on Mercury as of 16 Mar 08.

Terry

Hi Arno

How are you both?? Still cruising like myself. My last was in February/March on the QM2 after 2 night in NY Love it all!!

I am booked to do the NZ and OZ cruise on the 23rd November out of Auckland. Any idea who the Captain will be. Been on Millennium a few times last being T/A last March.

Many thanks regards to you wife>

Sue

Hi Sue:

We were on Century in January and Constellation in February/March and enjoyed both ships. Next up is a Galaxy Transatlantic and Century visit to Norway and the Baltic.

I think there is some shuffling of captains in the Celebrity fleet so the future master of Millennium is a mystery until someone posts some up to date gossip..

Arno

Just started reading this. I agree, certain staff on a ship make it more memorable. Any idea who the Captain and Cruise Director is for Century right now?

We have sailed it twice before and had Captain Terry. Not sure of his entire name, but he was delightful! We just knew him as Terry.

We are leaving this Monday on the 5 nighter.

Thanks,

Jan

Arno

Arno.........it's been a long time since we have talked. You sure do a wonderful job of keeping track of the Masters and senior staff. Brings back some very good memories.:)

Rick

Hi Floris

Looking at your dates for the Millennium I reckon you will have finished your cruise by the time I join her on the 23rd November. I chose this date so that initially I would spend a few days in Perth and still be home for Christmas.

Now my Brother has talked me into spending Christmas and New Year down under so will be away until the 6th Januarry.

Perth is a beautiful city and has a wonderful climate more so than the East Coast. The have what they call the Freemantle Doctor. This is a cooling wind which comes in from the Indian Ocean around 4pm each day and cools the city.

It will still be hot but I am looking forward to it.

Continue to enjoy your cruises. I loved the QM2 and have had 3 cruises on her since last summer.

Sue

Arno.........it's been a long time

Hi Rick:

Nice to hear from you again.

Coming up

Jewel of the Seas Scotland, Ireland and Norway 6/08

Legend of the Seas B2B Singapore to Rome 09.

Are you avoiding Celebrity?

Just started reading this. I agree, certain staff on a ship make it more memorable. Any idea who the Captain and Cruise Director is for Century right now?

We have sailed it twice before and had Captain Terry. Not sure of his entire name, but he was delightful! We just knew him as Terry.

We are leaving this Monday on the 5 nighter.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan, I sailed with Captain Terry as well. To be honest with you

I am not even sure he is still working for Celebrity.

That was in 2003 and 2004. I was on Century in December

and he was not the Captain.

Again, not sure what ship or if he is on an X ship anymore.

Thanks Lois! Sorry to hear that Capt. Terry may have sailed on to other ships. He was the friendliest of all Captains in all the years I have cruised. Except maybe when I was younger and single!

Thanks!

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Jim still works for Celebrity? He was one of the best CD's I've ever had. I think he is is still on the in cabin tv on embarkation day talking about the norwark virus and such! I know he stepped out of the CD position but since then I haven't heard anything else.

Does anyone know if Jim still works for Celebrity? He was one of the best CD's I've ever had. I think he is is still on the in cabin tv on embarkation day talking about the norwark virus and such! I know he stepped out of the CD position but since then I haven't heard anything else.

I believe he's working at corporate HQs in Miami.

Live information;

Infinity – 4/13 sailing

Master - Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis

Hotel Director – Simon Weir

Cruise Director – Jeff Potts

Food and Beverage Manager – Don Beard

Captain’s Club Hostess – Rosalba Martinez

Cruise Sales Manager – Jose Palacios

Live information;

Infinity – 4/13 sailing

Master - Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis

Hotel Director – Simon Weir

Cruise Director – Jeff Potts

Food and Beverage Manager – Don Beard

Captain’s Club Hostess – Rosalba Martinez

Cruise Sales Manager – Jose Palacios

Absolutely wonderful, I wish there were a few more cruisers who would post current information

WhosWhereApril2008.jpg

Absolutely wonderful, I wish there were a few more cruisers who would post current information

This is a great thread. I'll be sailing the Century on the 19th...will post current info when I return. Wish there was one for butlers. I'm hoping we have Richard again. :)

~Denise~

We just sailed on the Century the first week of April.

Captain: Theodoros Mitropoulos

Hotel Director: Fabrizio Cerutti

Cruise Director: Luke Bonney

Food and Bev. Mgr: Gererdo Herrera

Captain's Club Hostess: Sue Williams

Enjoy for those of you who are lucky enough to be going on the ship soon, instead of just finished with a great cruise!

Jan

Archived