Duck Tape?

CatServants

Welcome to the world of duct/Duck/Swan/Mallard Tape obsession Soooo Excited & Pontius Navigator! There's always room for new friends - we STICK together (ouch!:rolleyes: I'm actually ashamed of that one!).

Soooo Excited - I'm sorry to read about your back problems!:( I have 4 permanent non-unions of ribs t6-9 on my right side - actually, that's not accurate - I have neuralgia - the intercostal nerves which run under ribs 6-9 are convinced that the ribs are still broken. In late June, I fell down a flight of stairs at our local grocery store smashing the living daylights out of those same (and possibly other) ribs in the back - a couple of days later, I adjusted my stool at the bar counter heard a loud crack - OUCH!!! The doctor figures one of the old breaks cracked from the fall and the rib broke all the way through when pressure was put on it. I'm REALLY tired of sleeping on the recliner - aren't you? NOW...if this thread had existed Before my fall, I would have known to wrap myself up in Swan Tape and wouldn't have needed any meds!!!

Let's see - appropriate use of a patch of Swan Tape on the soles of my shoes would have given them better grip - Mallard Tape in bright colors would have made the stairs easier to see since there is poor lighting in the stairwell - Mallard Tape, doubled over so that it has a sticky side to the stairs for adherance, and a sticky side up for traction would have prevented the stairs from being so slippery - give the railing the same treatment as the stairs for 'gripability'... NO FALL!!! Once again proving that, duct/Duck/Swan/Mallard Tape is the most useful item known in existance! Is there anything it can't do?:eek: Well, OK, Shelley's right - we still need WD-40. And wonderful cruise vacations...

I hope your back heals soon!!!:)

Pontius Navigator - I hope you typed with an accent! Americans are notorious for their love of accents! Of course we're notorious for a lot of things...:D Anyway, let's see if I can help -DH-Dear Husband (I wish it meant Domestic Helper!); DW-Dear Wife; DD-Dear Daughter; DS-Dear Son; DC-Dear Cat...OK, the last one is only commonly used in my household, perhaps for you it might mean Dear Croccodile, or Dear Car, or Dear Cacti...whatever you wish! Maybe we should have a DDD-Dear Duck Tape? Any ideas?

Denise

... Maybe we should have a DDD-Dear Duck Tape? Any ideas? Denise
Denise, wouldn't that be DDT?:D Sorry about the sore backs, folks. Although I think if I didn't know Mallard Tape was sticky side out on a railing or on a step, I'd touch it and, expecting to continue whatever motion I was making, end up throwing my back out at the resistance. :eek:

BTW, do you think our board hosts would consider this thread useful enough to make it a "sticky"?:D

Terry

Denise, wouldn't that be DDT?:D Sorry about the sore backs, folks. Although I think if I didn't know Mallard Tape was sticky side out on a railing or on a step, I'd touch it and, expecting to continue whatever motion I was making, end up throwing my back out at the resistance. :eek:

BTW, do you think our board hosts would consider this thread useful enough to make it a "sticky"?:D

Terry

Terry - You're right - DDT/DST/DMT!!! I think we should 'stick' with these. I just know I'm going to be teased for my terrible puns! But I have no fear, no insult can 'stick' to me. You see?!? I can't stop! I'm 'sticking' with the same awful puns!!!:D

I'm pretty sure our Board Hosts are wondering why we're 'sticking' to this thread and why they're 'stuck' reading it! Someone really should help me - stage a pun intervention - I should be 'stuck' in a 12 step program for the DDT Pun Obsessed!:D

Denise

Two more uses (tried and true):

1. In Girl Guides(Scouts) we made "sit-upons". For the uninitiated, "sit-upons" were used to separate the derriere from contact w/ wet logs, cement, etc. while the body was in a sitting position. Grab a couple of sections of newspaper. Fold the newspapaer into a square (or rectangle depending on your anatomy). Slip the folded paper inside a plastic grocery bag. Slip another plastic grocery bag over the open end of the first grocery bag. Seal the bag shut w/ 'substitute-your-favourite-word' tape. Wrap the entire package w/ more of the same tape. Voila! a waterproof, easy to clean pad to sit on.

2. A relative camping with us was experiencing great difficulty sitting due to a tailbone injury. Always creative, my DD grabbed some newspaper, rolled it lengthwise, fashioned it into a doughnut shape, wrapped the whole (no pun intended) thing in duct-tape, and presented it to her uncle. She then became his favourite niece.:D

(Note:
many of the teenaged GG(S) were reluctant to make their own "sit-upons", considering it childish and beneath them (ooohh, sorry about that pun). One day two of their leaders (I missed it) described what contributes to hemorrhoids and how they are removed. For some reason, we never had a problem getting teenagers to make "sit-upons" after that.)

Granted, on board ship we have all the comforts of padded chairs, etc, but on some of the more 'rustic' or 'extreme' shore excursions, who knows what will be useful?

Terry

Pontius Navigator - I hope you typed with an accent! Americans are notorious for their love of accents! Of course we're notorious for a lot of things...:D Anyway, let's see if I can help -DH-Dear Husband (I wish it meant Domestic Helper!); DW-Dear Wife; Denise

Accent? No, we do not have accents. We have pronunciation and dialects, E bay gum lass. You have accents.:)

We love TLAs rather than digraphs. In UK we would have used Other Half, The Wife, Better Half etc.

And as far as DH goes, our Cruise Director 2 nights ago said: When you get home, perhaps have a shower, towel off, stroll outside, lazy on a deckchair, have a cup of tea, when you go back inside and find the towel still on the bathroom floor, remember the QE2.

Eek, do they do tea on the Constellation? We were on the Arcadia and they do NOT do tea. They serve off white, hot water and sometimes coffee flavoured. (Ooops, edited to remove the ambiguity - it was not supposed to taste of coffee just they used coffee jugs for the tea and admitted a probable mix-up). On the QE2 they serve steaming hot dark brown sheer bliss, and lots of it.

Sorry for the thread drift but we could always use the duck tape to mark our poolside table for the steward to leave our tea.:)

Greetings and salutations to all:

I've been having difficulty finding flats of DDT (Dear duct/Duck Tape) - I mentioned this to a friend and she told me how her husband and she solved that very same problem - they made they're own flats. Take a small (size is personal preference) piece of cardboard (perhaps flexible for packing purposes), a roll of DDT, and a partner. Stick the DDT to the cardboard; one person winds the DDT onto the cardboard while the other person unwinds the DDT from the roll. The same effect could probably be achieved by placing the DDT roll on a 'spindle' of some sort, however, DDT has some pretty impressive, um, 'stickability' so I imagine this could be an uncomfortable process alone and the 'spindle' had better be made of rebar! Easier with a partner - think of it as a 'bonding' experience. I have 1 more hardware store to try, and if there are no flats available, my husband and I will be having a 'romantic, bonding' experience making a flat of DDT over Labor Day weekend. :rolleyes:

Offtune Angel: "Sit Upons" and, ahem, 'Donuts' huh? Ingenuity at it's best. I have to admit that my days of true 'roughing it' were over at 25. These days, my idea of 'roughing it' is a log cabin with a giant feather bed and a fire place, full kitchen, and at least a 3/4 bath...the rough part is no cable TV. I already did that this year in Telluride...OK... I had cable TV and a full bath. Now in Sep., I'll be going on a beautiful 14 night cruise to Alaska on the Summit in a Celebrity Suite - not too rough! Wait a minute, the AK wilderness, rain, cold, shore excursions..."Sit Upons", huh?!:)

Pontius Navigator: I stand corrected - I speak 'American, you speak 'English'. Wait, I don't want to upset our Canadian CC friends - I speak 'United Statesian', or would that be 'United Statesees'?!:D My (lack of any) accent is worse than you may realize, even in the US my accent is considered "white bread" - oddly enough however, when I travel to New England, everyone seems to think I'm from Boston? I like to think I have proper diction and pronunciation - but then again, I think good tea is made by placing a Lipton tea bag into a cup of water which has been boiled in the microwave and adding 4-5 teaspoons of sugar.:D

I've not yet had the opportunity to cruise on the QE2 - I suppose I'll have to refine my tea habits before I do or else be thrown overboard! I'll have to trust to my handy, dandy wrist to balcony DDT to save me. Thanks, Tbelian, for suggesting just such a use for our DDT!:D

Denise

Greetings and salutations to all:

I've been having difficulty finding flats of DDT (Dear duct/Duck Tape) - I mentioned this to a friend and she told me how her husband and she solved that very same problem - they made they're own flats. Take a small (size is personal preference) piece of cardboard (perhaps flexible for packing purposes), a roll of DDT, and a partner. Stick the DDT to the cardboard; one person winds the DDT onto the cardboard while the other person unwinds the DDT from the roll. The same effect could probably be achieved by placing the DDT roll on a 'spindle' of some sort, however, DDT has some pretty impressive, um, 'stickability' so I imagine this could be an uncomfortable process alone and the 'spindle' had better be made of rebar! Easier with a partner - think of it as a 'bonding' experience. I have 1 more hardware store to try, and if there are no flats available, my husband and I will be having a 'romantic, bonding' experience making a flat of DDT over Labor Day weekend. :rolleyes:

Offtune Angel: "Sit Upons" and, ahem, 'Donuts' huh? Ingenuity at it's best. I have to admit that my days of true 'roughing it' were over at 25. These days, my idea of 'roughing it' is a log cabin with a giant feather bed and a fire place, full kitchen, and at least a 3/4 bath...the rough part is no cable TV. I already did that this year in Telluride...OK... I had cable TV and a full bath. Now in Sep., I'll be going on a beautiful 14 night cruise to Alaska on the Summit in a Celebrity Suite - not too rough! Wait a minute, the AK wilderness, rain, cold, shore excursions..."Sit Upons", huh?!:)

Hi Cat, this may have been already mentioned, so forgive the repeat if it was, but i found my "flat" at Walmart in the hardware section

Happy bonding !

Nadine

Flats of duck tape ? are you serious ?? now I've heard of everything ! I've never heard of those !!!!!!! what an education I'm getting !!

and CatServants : CS for 14 days - wow, you are spoiled !!! LOL !! we're doing our first cruise in a CS next summer but 7 nights - probably want a suite for every cruise after that - oh well - I want all the scoop on your CS - I've read the Summit has DVD players in the suite - Infinity only has VCRs still but I'm praying to the cruise gods they'll change 'em by next summer

and re: your comments on accents - thank you for not offending us Canadian cc members ! you are so thoughtful :D

Hi Cat, this may have been already mentioned, so forgive the repeat if it was, but i found my "flat" at Walmart in the hardware section

Happy bonding !

Nadine

motherchic - always nice to hear from you. Thanks for the info but I tried Walmart and Lowe's yesterday - no luck. Lots of rolls in pretty colors but no flats. Sat. my DH and I will be going to the local hardware store - it's small, but we may get lucky!?! If not...well, I guess that's why they call it Labor Day!;)

Denise

Flats of duck tape ? are you serious ?? now I've heard of everything ! I've never heard of those !!!!!!! what an education I'm getting !!

and CatServants : CS for 14 days - wow, you are spoiled !!! LOL !! we're doing our first cruise in a CS next summer but 7 nights - probably want a suite for every cruise after that - oh well - I want all the scoop on your CS - I've read the Summit has DVD players in the suite - Infinity only has VCRs still but I'm praying to the cruise gods they'll change 'em by next summer

and re: your comments on accents - thank you for not offending us Canadian cc members ! you are so thoughtful :D

soooo excited - let's not tell my DH I'm spoiled!;) How are we ever going to go 'suiteless' after this?! I'm sure you can tell I'm a 'talker' so you know I'll let you in on every detail! As for not offending my Northern friends...what's not to love about Canadians? You're all charmers!:) By the way, I learned about 'flats' on this thread! They sound much less cumbersome than rolls but I don't remember ever seeing a flat before....of course I'm just a good ol' country hick gal from southern Arizona and northern New Mexico!

Hugs and kisses from my Country to yours!!! I'm looking forward to cruising BOTH!!!:D

Denise

:) 'e ba gum lass, thee pick up reet quick.

Boston? Yes, well I suppose they can't make tea there either In NM I would love nothing better than a good strong cuppa, the cup that cools. We didn't take tiffen in India for nothing.

When you dipped your Lipton's in the cup you forgot to mention that the water must be off-boil and coffee hot. The French haven't perfected the art of the rolling boil and a proper heat-retaining teapot either.

I will wait with baited breath for some more T advice.

And on duck tape I am reminded of another name and also a use:

Bodge Tape as in bodge a repair and the use was to cover a slit in an aircraft wing! It worked for the one flight.

Pontius Navigator: I stand corrected - I speak 'American, you speak 'English'. Wait, I don't want to upset our Canadian CC friends - I speak 'United Statesian', or would that be 'United Statesees'?!:D My (lack of any) accent is worse than you may realize, even in the US my accent is considered "white bread" - oddly enough however, when I travel to New England, everyone seems to think I'm from Boston? I like to think I have proper diction and pronunciation - but then again, I think good tea is made by placing a Lipton tea bag into a cup of water which has been boiled in the microwave and adding 4-5 teaspoons of sugar.:D

I've not yet had the opportunity to cruise on the QE2 - I suppose I'll have to refine my tea habits before I do or else be thrown overboard! I'll have to trust to my handy, dandy wrist to balcony DDT to save me. Thanks, Tbelian, for suggesting just such a use for our DDT!:D

Denise

Denise: we, too, found our flats of DDT at Walmart -- along the very back wall of the hardware section edging towards the paint section--if you hit yarn and crafts you've gone too far. Asking an employee didn't help -- unless the employee was a DDT user (ooh, that almost sounds like an addiction :D ).

Before our local Walmart stocked it, we had to go to Customer Service and then request a Duty Manager to give us definite information on when to expect delivery, of DDT flats, in the store. We asked to be notified when the DDT shipment arrived and still almost missed out on getting the DDT. In the 23 minutes from the time we got the phone call to our arrival in the hardware department, they had sold all but one flat of the new stock (which we, of course, grabbed). The DM realized the popularity of the DDT flats and they are now regularly stocked -- in six different colours!:D

We also lucked into finding it at our local Dollarama store -- once. I checked this past weekend and they currently have none, but that can change quickly at Dollarama. Good luck.

Terry (who also likes a good "cuppa", especially when properly brewed and steeped, in a crockery pot, but I don't say no to the quick method, either.)

But did he get proper tea, and not Lipton's?
She never uses Lipton's. Preference is Red Rose, which (according to a TV commercial in the last century):

"is only available in Canada."

"Pity."

Tetley is affordably acceptable, Twinings is for special occasions.:D

BTW, an sturdy, waterproof, cleanable storage box (for toiletries, hair grooming equipment, medications, etc) can be created by neatly covering the exterior sides, base and lid of empty Tetley, Red Rose or Twinings tea boxes with DDT. For added durability and to make mopping up of spills easier, line the inside of the box w/ DDT, also.

Now that DDT comes in a variety of colours, labels on the outsides of the (traditional Gray) DDT covered storage boxes are no longer necessary. For example, the "medication" box can be covered in Red (or white, accented w/ red) DDT; the box for storing toiletries can be covered w/ Green DDT; the box for storing hair grooming equipment could be Orange (I tried Blonde but the yellow just didn't show up properly) :D; a sewing supplies box could be done as a 'patchwork' of colours, etc.

Terry

:) 'e ba gum lass, thee pick up reet quick.

Boston? Yes, well I suppose they can't make tea there either In NM I would love nothing better than a good strong cuppa, the cup that cools. We didn't take tiffen in India for nothing.

When you dipped your Lipton's in the cup you forgot to mention that the water must be off-boil and coffee hot. The French haven't perfected the art of the rolling boil and a proper heat-retaining teapot either.

I will wait with baited breath for some more T advice.

And on duck tape I am reminded of another name and also a use:

Bodge Tape as in bodge a repair and the use was to cover a slit in an aircraft wing! It worked for the one flight.

Dearest Pontius Navigator: "'e ba a gum lass"? Is that good? I'm trying to say it with a roll of the tongue, but???? I've seen Bridget Jones's Diary and I don't remember Colin Firth or Hugh Grant saying that - you must be a Shakespeare Man instead! All Brits are charming and VERY refined. I am but a simple, crude, uneducated, United Statesian...except when it comes to tea and DDT!:D

You'll be happy to hear that I DO, in fact, bring my water to a rolling boil - I'm happy to have it spill over a bit, it makes microwave cleaning a cinch. I have been known to get the water so hot that when I drop in the (dreadful Lipton) teabag, the water bubbles up and spills tea all over the counter! My DH (the Nuclear Engineer) explained to me the details of what I was doing once - I have NO CLUE what he said! Teapots? Oh yes, the little things I have on some shelves in the kitchen as decorations. I remember now.;)

As for "a bodge repair...to cover a slit in the wing" of an aircraft with DDT (or in this case Bodge Tape), I'm not thrilled with the idea. When KreinKrunker (I think) brought up such a use, my DH told me how he used DDT for that very purpose himself when we would fly between Arizona and New Mexico in his plane. I WAS IN THAT PLANE!:eek: To be fair, I'm still here and ignorance is bliss, but I REALLY hope that the commercial flights I'll be taking in 2 weeks DON'T rely on DDT to keep the wings intact!

I was wondering - is actual Duck (brand) Tape sold in Great Britain? Or is it something else there?

Denise

Denise: we, too, found our flats of DDT at Walmart -- along the very back wall of the hardware section edging towards the paint section--if you hit yarn and crafts you've gone too far. Asking an employee didn't help -- unless the employee was a DDT user (ooh, that almost sounds like an addiction :D ).

Before our local Walmart stocked it, we had to go to Customer Service and then request a Duty Manager to give us definite information on when to expect delivery, of DDT flats, in the store. We asked to be notified when the DDT shipment arrived and still almost missed out on getting the DDT. In the 23 minutes from the time we got the phone call to our arrival in the hardware department, they had sold all but one flat of the new stock (which we, of course, grabbed). The DM realized the popularity of the DDT flats and they are now regularly stocked -- in six different colours!:D

We also lucked into finding it at our local Dollarama store -- once. I checked this past weekend and they currently have none, but that can change quickly at Dollarama. Good luck.

Terry (who also likes a good "cuppa", especially when properly brewed and steeped, in a crockery pot, but I don't say no to the quick method, either.)

Offtune Angel - I don't know how big Tay is, but Los Alamos is VERY small - our Walmart is 22-25 miles away in a town called Espanola - and the Walmart there is NOT big or well stocked - employee assistance - you're kidding, right? We have another Walmart in Santa Fe (approx 45-60 minutes away), but it's even older, smaller, and less well stocked. You have it good! Flats in six different colors!?:eek: I would be happy with a single flat in good, old fashioned silver. We'll see what I can come up with. I have two weeks to complete the packing. I'll find or make something! I'm convinced DDT is too important to go without, thanks to all of you! I may have to fix a shoe, a plane wing, or save the ship!:D

I know what a 'crock pot' is, for making stews, etc. I know what 'crockery' is (I have quite a collection of romance novels and I prefer the ones set back in the 'olden days' before Teflon). What's a "crockery pot"? I have French Canadian and English in my bloodline, but I really seem to be out of the loop! Maybe if I were from the eastern US this would be more familiar a term.:confused:

Denise

She never uses Lipton's. Preference is Red Rose, which (according to a TV commercial in the last century):

"is only available in Canada."

"Pity."

Tetley is affordably acceptable, Twinings is for special occasions.:D

BTW, an sturdy, waterproof, cleanable storage box (for toiletries, hair grooming equipment, medications, etc) can be created by neatly covering the exterior sides, base and lid of empty Tetley, Red Rose or Twinings tea boxes with DDT. For added durability and to make mopping up of spills easier, line the inside of the box w/ DDT, also.

Now that DDT comes in a variety of colours, labels on the outsides of the (traditional Gray) DDT covered storage boxes are no longer necessary. For example, the "medication" box can be covered in Red (or white, accented w/ red) DDT; the box for storing toiletries can be covered w/ Green DDT; the box for storing hair grooming equipment could be Orange (I tried Blonde but the yellow just didn't show up properly) :D; a sewing supplies box could be done as a 'patchwork' of colours, etc.

Terry

Terry - Good Heavens! You ARE ambitious! Maybe I can't find a flat of DDT because your Walmart has it all!!!:D How did you make all the pretty colors in your post?

I have to admit - we have a shelf filled with Tetley and Twinings and just 1 box of Lipton's for hot tea...I also love the 'fake teas' with all the herbs. Don't tell Pontius Navigator about the 'fake teas' though, he'll never forgive me!;)

Denise

When making that cuppa, don't forget to "hot" the pot. Plus, remember the pot must be taken to the water, don't bring the water to the pot.

KreinKrunker - Where have you been? You've been missed on this thread!

And why not take the water to the pot? Just aim the hose and....:D

I have no way to make this post refer to DDT!

Denise

Dearest Pontius Navigator: "'e ba a gum lass"? Is that good? I'm trying to say it with a roll of the tongue, but???? I've seen Bridget Jones's Diary and I don't remember Colin Firth or Hugh Grant saying that - you must be a Shakespeare Man instead! All Brits are charming and VERY refined. I am but a simple, crude, uneducated, United Statesian...except when it comes to tea and DDT!:D

Yorkshire lass, sorry as I am to say it as I hail from Chester. Anyway regards to you and yer old marrer (derivative of marrow).

You'll be happy to hear that I DO, in fact, bring my water to a rolling boil - I'm happy to have it spill over a bit, it makes microwave cleaning a cinch. I have been known to get the water so hot that when I drop in the (dreadful Lipton) teabag, the water bubbles up and spills tea all over the counter!

Oh dear! teabag in boiling water.

Teapots? Oh yes, the little things I have on some shelves in the kitchen as decorations. I remember now.;)

Boiling water goes into the teapot and then you add the tea, or tea bags if you insist. Stir briskly and leave for 3 minutes.

As for warming the pot, I confess I should but often don't. A teacosy, OTOH, keeps the pot nice and hot for 20 minutes or more and you get a 'reet good cuppa'.

As for "a bodge repair...to cover a slit in the wing" of an aircraft with DDT (or in this case Bodge Tape), I'm not thrilled with the idea. When KreinKrunker (I think) brought up such a use, my DH told me how he used DDT for that very purpose himself when we would fly between Arizona and New Mexico in his plane. I WAS IN THAT PLANE!:eek: To be fair, I'm still here and ignorance is bliss, but I REALLY hope that the commercial flights I'll be taking in 2 weeks DON'T rely on DDT to keep the wings intact!

I confess it was no a commercial flight. The slit was at the front of the wing and they used the 'boundary layer' principle as the air is static at that point (well almost).

I did fly in a commercial airliner once and they could have used some bodge tape to good effect. They had a 6 inch crack in the flaps. I told them when we landed; didn't want to worry the hostess unnecesariliy and start a panic.

I was wondering - is actual Duck (brand) Tape sold in Great Britain? Or is it something else there?

No idea. We 'use' black and I buy silver. I have not looked for any other or any flat pack. I have a friend runs a hardware store I shall ask what it is really called. In my loft my heating trunking has silver duct tape.

Pontius Navigator - I'm really going to have to bone up on my English before going to England! And I mustn't drink tea in front of any proper English ladies or gentleman or they may lose their famous 'English Reserve'. Of course, one must ask...how do you explain Benny Hill, Rowan Atkinson, Monty Python's Flying Circus...? No patented 'English Reserve' there!!!:D YOU must have it in spades, however. You didn't want to cause a panic on the plane?! Very James Bond, but what about your panic? Or, are you James Bond?!:confused: After all, imagine all the things James Bond could do with DDT. Better yet, McGiver.

My beloved DH may be using DDT this weekend to ensure a proper seal where our air conditioner piping passes through our garage roof. It was sealed ON the roof earlier this week by a professional, but my Dh believes in redundancy. Besides, we have several rolls of DDT, why not use it? I'm keeping my fingers crossed about finding some flats this weekend - wish me luck!:)

Denise

By the by, Pontius Navigator, I love that you write in "English" as you would speak it (so charming)- however - do you realize that even "English" singing groups sing in "United Statesian"? Canadian singers too! Of course, not all United Statesians do - "Country" music for example. You don't have to be from Texas to have a twang or a drawl!:p

Denise

Pontius Navigator: don't wish to see DDT on a plane, and if I see it on Infinity I'll likely jump ship !!! We once flew to Contadora Island off Panama for a vacation - took a real plane as far as Panama, then something akin to a toothpaste tube from Panama to the Island. As we boarded, the cockpit door was open - I swear I've never seen so much DDT in my life - I guess because it was silver/grey they thought we wouldn't notice the difference b/w it and the real metal parts of the cockpit - and we did the trip in a thunderstorm no less - some people were in tears - but we made it!

CatServants: Good luck on your cruise - you leave in 2 weeks !!!! Yikes, you must be reeeeeeeeeally excited ! Hope your ribs are OK for the trip? Don't forget your meds !!!! Put them in your first aid box - the one with the red cross (DDT ! ) on it. I injured ribs once - not fun; this is the 4th time I've done my back - you'd think I'd learn - I must tell you our dog is now on anti-inflams too for wasp stings, my DH feels very left out - the only healthy being in the house

thanks for all the entertainment :D - I love it - and will keep reading if not posting !

Last year on a flight from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale, the overhead compartment that holds the oxygen mask was held together by duct tape. I pointed it out to the flight attendant and she just laughed. But this is nothing in comparison to what transpired this summer on a flight from St. John's Newfoundland to Toronto. We had just flown in from London and had to transfer planes after clearing Customs and Immigration. Our flight was 1 1/2 hours late and we finally got seated and were preparing to leave. The pilot came on the PA and told us he had no auxillary power and could only start one engine at the gate. He said he would then pull back from the gate and start the other engine. Well, he started one engine, pulled back and then, damn if they didn't hook up a generator and jump star the other engine! For the first few minutes after take off I was really nervous and was really happy when we landed safely in Toronto.

Shelley

Archived