Anyone See this New Sticky?

MrPete

**Participation in Roll Call Threads

1. Effective immediately, only those members who are sailing on a specific ship's sailing may communicate/post on that ROLL CALL thread.

Please respect your fellow Cruise Critic members by not disrupting their thread to "chat" with friends who may be on that cruise.

2. Personal discussions between two members should be handled via e-mail. Additionally, merely mentioning the name of a ship in your post *does not* constitute participation in the thread, but would be considered an attempt to circumvent this directive.

Please report violations of the above by utilizing the "alert" icon located on the upper right hand corner of posts.

**Participation in Roll Call Threads

1. Effective immediately, only those members who are sailing on a specific ship's sailing may communicate/post on that ROLL CALL thread.

Please respect your fellow Cruise Critic members by not disrupting their thread to "chat" with friends who may be on that cruise.

2. Personal discussions between two members should be handled via e-mail. Additionally, merely mentioning the name of a ship in your post *does not* constitute participation in the thread, but would be considered an attempt to circumvent this directive.

Please report violations of the above by utilizing the "alert" icon located on the upper right hand corner of posts.

Yes, did see it. Someone, somewhere, must have turned a roll call into a 'chat fest'. I can see the potential frustration there...

Don't see how this can truely be monitored - cross reference our screen names to our bookings?

it's going to get so strick were going to have to input all of our booking #'s to prove who we are and what cruises were on, can't talk to people in threads, can't pm anyone, cant say anything negitive/honest about pvps or ta's.... but maybe im seeing it wrong, maybe the object of this board to to make the cruise industry shine and have no flaws. but that's just my thinking.

it's going to get so strick were going to have to input all of our booking #'s to prove who we are and what cruises were on, can't talk to people in threads, can't pm anyone, cant say anything negitive/honest about pvps or ta's.... but maybe im seeing it wrong, maybe the object of this board to to make the cruise industry shine and have no flaws. but that's just my thinking.

My (and yours) past, present and future sailings are no one's business. Really curious on how this can possibly be monitored - outside of blatent abuses.

Something brought this on. What was it? What was done to try and 'nip it in the bud' (gosh, I love Barney)?

Or "someone" posting on every roll call warning them of the hazards of certain activities on board and how to get a free cruise out of it!! :)

It could also be the amount of posts really slowing down the boards and alot of them on the Roll Calls and Group Cruises are just idle chat... I had the same complaint on a very informative thread for the Destiny and it was resolved in a short amount of time.

I understand and agree with the new policy...

I'm on a roll-call now. Pretty much idle banter being thrown around, nothing 'deep' (outside of the deep blue sea). What do they think a roll-call is going to be? We're keeping in touch and counting down... How are we going to identify each other? Where are we going to meet?

Something is up here....inquiring minds want to know...

The whole purpose of a roll call is so that people on the same sailing can get to know one another before the cruise, make plans to meet, etc. Idle chit chat is a part of that. I've met some great folks through roll calls in the past and we have a nice bunch posting on our current one now. A few people pop in with hellos or helpful information. I see nothing wrong with that.

The way it's handled?........easy.......take the largest thread on Carnival.....S&S thread....all the members KNOW who is on that cruise and who isn't.....and they just report it.....the problem is people that don't have any business on a specific roll call starting trouble.....but it IS ok to have a chat fest in your own roll calls.....make sense?:D

Seems overboard to me. I don't mind posts from others that have a legitimate interest in a roll call - maybe they were on the cruise the week before and have some useful information - and I'll gladly ignore those whose posts aren't relevant. Anyway, Pete, I wish you "Bon Voyage" on your trip to PTM next weekend - we'll be passing you on the Thruway en route to Victory! (And since you can't wish us bon voyage on our roll call now....;) )

I do not understand why someone who was not on (or considering) a specific cruise would want to post any messages in that cruise's roll call. What possible interest would I have in someone else's cruise roll call. I have all I can keep up with on my own cruises' roll calls!

I do not understand why someone who was not on (or considering) a specific cruise would want to post any messages in that cruise's roll call. What possible interest would I have in someone else's cruise roll call. I have all I can keep up with on my own cruises' roll calls!

Exactly.......that's the whole deal.........Roll calls are for chat and getting to know someone going on THAT cruise with you........if you want cruise info...go to the board and read reviews etc.

I was a member of a certain roll call. Got to know some of the people sailing at the same time. Then we had to cancel. I still write in that thread - they leave Sept 1 for Alaska and I just posted to have a great time and someone please write a detailed trip report. Is that bad????

I was a member of a certain roll call. Got to know some of the people sailing at the same time. Then we had to cancel. I still write in that thread - they leave Sept 1 for Alaska and I just posted to have a great time and someone please write a detailed trip report. Is that bad????

That's sorta the exception....as we have some that did the same in my groups.....it's the people out of hte blue coming in and starting problems that we're concerned about.

They should remember that a lot of us have cruised together before and like to say hi.

It's a chat room but that's just my opinion don't mean to ruffle feathers

Tom

LOL....believe me.....I rarely get feathers ruffled...you have to have thick skin around here. ;) .....but unfortunately it's the one or two bad apples that cause new rules like this....I guess you all know you can always start a thread on the Floataway Lounge and have a chat thread there.....Seriously...there are many of them over there...that's what it's for so go enjoy!:D

Archived