Booking Online?

uneamie

I am about to book our next cruise online with a new "travel site and agent".

I usually use well know sites but with the new rules against "deep discounts" I have found many of those sites are not giving good prices. I just found a site that was willing to do a "better price" match for me and they gave me a very good price so I'd like to go with them. The price has no hidden charges....all port and taxes were included in the quote. They are throwing in an "onboard credit" for $125 as well.

I know some agents are including insurance as incentive also.

In any case....since this agent is new to me is there any wise advice anyone can give me that I should be aware of so that my booking does not become a nightmare. I know I've heard of many that have had problems with some agents so I'd like to hear of any tips on things I should look out for.

I use to really count on the exchange of travel agent info here. I really miss being able to ask about a specific travel site and getting good or bad feedback. But, I guess they have good reasons to have stopped that. :(

We have used a few different agents, all online. Some were better than others and we really like the one we have now. I always check the web site to see if I get a comfort factor. Maybe an internet search on their name.

cancellation fee----------does this company charge one in case you have to cancel-------------do they take the deposit and final payment and put it in their account and they repay the cruiseline or do they forward your credit card info directly to them -- will you get a cruiseline booking number from them after you give deposit so you can confirm with the cruiseline that you are actually booked with them

Before anything is finalized, just make certain you have all charges in writing.

(email, fax whatever) Don't take anyone's "word" over the phone.

Also, charge it on your credit card. This just gives you one extra person to go to bat for you, if there is a problem.

Archived