New To Princess Just A Couple Of ????

kimtursiella

Not new to cruising just to Princess (Star 2/10/07 Western) need help with a couple of things -

Can we carry on our own luggage or does it have to be checked?

Are there hair dryers in the cabins and are we provided with any toiletries? (Just off Elation in June they had a basket in the bathroom with various toiletry items i.e., razor, lotions, toothpaste, etc...

Does Princess provide robes in the cabin? If not can we request one?

Any problem bringing soda, bottled water or juice on board? I understand the cabins have a refrigerator.

Thanks for your help - Kim :)

Not new to cruising just to Princess (Star 2/10/07 Western) need help with a couple of things -

Are there hair dryers in the cabins and are we provided with any toiletries? (Just off Elation in June they had a basket in the bathroom with various toiletry items i.e., razor, lotions, toothpaste, etc...

Any problem bringing soda, bottled water or juice on board? I understand the cabins have a refrigerator.

-- You cannot carry luggage onboard other than your carry-on. However, if you want to disembark carrying off your luggage, you can as long as you can really carry and handle your luggage. Unlike other cruise lines, your cabin will be available as soon as you get onboard and you'll be able to put your carry-on in the cabin and lock the door.

-- Yes, there are hair dryers in the cabins. For toiletries, you get shampoo, conditioner and hand soap. No other toiletry items although they are available for purchase in the ship's store.

-- Robes are not automatically put in each cabin but it's easy to request them ahead of time through the Cruise Personalizer. Or, you can request them from your cabin steward when you get onboard.

-- You can bring soda, bottled water or juice onboard. Every cabin has a small dorm-sized refrigerator with two shelves and a shelf in the door.

We put bottled water, wine, Pepsi (Princess has just coke products), etc. in a big plastic bin (available at Home Depot), tape it up, slap a cabin sticker on it and hand off to the porter along with our other luggage. No problem. The bin actually fit under a bed in the cabin, along with the suitcases.

You can carry on your luggage...as long as you don't expect anyone else to help you.

There are hair driers in every room...but they don't work very well

Robes are not provided but they can be requested as well as an egg-crate matress for your bed. Do that the first time you meet your cabin steward.

toiletries are provided...but they are in little paper wrappers unless you are in a suite....just lotion, shampoo, soap, and conditioner.

I had no problem bringing these things on...but we had that scare in London since then...don't know if things have changed.

sometimes robes aren't available immediately and won't arrive until the next day because they're still being laundered.. the people that used them last just got off the ship!

I just figured I'd mention that.. often you read reviews and people are upset with their cabin steward and that.. not supplying robes until the next day frequently seems to be the thing that sets the tone and kicks off the dissatisfaction. understanding why and being prepared for it might make a difference. :)

anno

sometimes robes aren't available immediately and won't arrive until the next day because they're still being laundered.. the people that used them last just got off the ship!

I just figured I'd mention that.. often you read reviews and people are upset with their cabin steward and that.. not supplying robes until the next day frequently seems to be the thing that sets the tone and kicks off the dissatisfaction. understanding why and being prepared for it might make a difference.

Thanks for mentioning that. I get a bit perplexed when people mention that too, but, frankly, I didn't realize that there were not enough robes to go around twice until just short of halfway through a 4 week cruise when I requested a fresh robe, apparantly just a day or two shy of the normal laundering time, and had to wait those two days until fresh robes were available. They're not like the linens...there are not extra sets lying around.

Archived