Worst food item you tasted on a cruise??

Heidict

Carnival Triumphs meatloaf was so inedible that I had to spit it out into my napkin. Awful! My mouth just went reject, as you might fling a spider off your arm.

Great description. I also don't like Princess' meatloaf. I once told a waiter and he said, "I know what you mean no one makes it like Golden Corral." I've never eaten at a Golden Corral but I can't imagine it would beat homemade.

The "shrimp cocktail" that's always available on NCL (Dawn). I made the mistake of ordering it the first night, and it looked like it'd come out of a can. And I practically needed a magnifying glass to see the "shrimp".

Actually, any "scallop" dish, as well. Again, TINY TINY TINY. Their "scallop salad" had three scallops about the size of dimes. Maybe I'm spoiled since I go to culinary school, but that's not exactly what I think of when ordering scallops.

Most of the food was very unmemorable...and me and my boyfriend agreed that while we were always full, we were never satisfied. It was like we were eating just to eat.

Love this thread, very funny. Have only cruised with RCCL and enjoyed everything I ate. But oh those sad excuses for a scallop, I would need 10 to make 1 of what I am used to. Tasted fine, but the smallest I have ever seen or eaten.

I would have to say the deep fried bacon ...... Yuck [emoji21] carnival spirit heard they cater food for us Aussies so y in the hell are they deep frying bacon wt .... That just kills a good price of bacon anyway who needs more fat in their bacon [emoji13]

Have to agree about the bacon, looked like some kind of jerky, all stiff as a board. Thankfully they had English style bacon as well, always had a line for it too.

My Mum ordered a chocolate soufflé in the MDR that was truly awful, more like chocolate bread.

Next cruise is Princess, can't wait to get eating.

What is unfortunate is that picture actually makes the dish look pretty good, although it does look like shrimp, not chicken. I really hate it when I order something because it looks tasty, but looks can be deceiving when it comes to cruise food :(

Lorie

Oh yeah, I forgot it had a shrimp on top too!

It has been eliminated with the new menu roll out.

I am looking forward to trying a new line this year to compare food quality.

I guess it's a "Brit" thing. Everyone I know in or from UK LOVES it!!!! Everyone NOT from UK HATES it!!!!!!!!

On the other hand I'm a third generation native Californian with not a drop British heritage and I like it.

I don't remember the ship but it was at the Chefs Table we had some wine that tasted like grapefruit. It wasn't grapefruit wine just tasted like it and we were told that was how it should taste.

I agree totally yummo [emoji7]

I've tried it, it isn't awful. However I can see how it definitely would be an acquired taste. Just like I had to do with coffee when I was younger, now I love it. My only problem with Vegemite is how salty it is.

On Carnival there was this entree in the MDR called Pumpkin Pie, it was not a dessert, basically a pie type thing with pumpkin, squash and something else that was gross, I could not finish it. It was not sweet like a dessert just really boring. I was very disappointed.

On Carnival there was this entree in the MDR called Pumpkin Pie, it was not a dessert, basically a pie type thing with pumpkin, squash and something else that was gross, I could not finish it. It was not sweet like a dessert just really boring. I was very disappointed.

I liked that dessert as we don't get a lot of pumpkin pie here but it was one of their no sugar options I think.

I am a Brit and I hate Marmite although its very handy for cooking as is Henderson's relish (a superior Worcesteshire sauce). Forget Marmite on toast you need some cheese on toast with Worcestershire/Hendersons sauce dripped on it. :D

On a toast note..I got asked by 3 American ladies why I was having beans on toast in the Carnival Lido. This was on the Baltic sailing where they had bought in British bacon and beans for us lot. Beans on toast is amazing (especially with cheese) for breakfast.

Anyone else not all that crazy about the red (blood) sausage? I don't recall it being served on other then RCI and Celebrity.

I forgot about this stuff! I read a lot and I was thrilled to see it on the buffet. I just about gagged!

Anyone else not all that crazy about the red (blood) sausage? I don't recall it being served on other then RCI and Celebrity.

Is that the Black Pudding on the English breakfast buffet? I love it but then I'm a Brit! ;-)

Eggs Benedict on the MSC Divina - worst ever. Everything else ranged from good to excellent (averaging good+ )

I love eggs benedict and it is one of my favorite things to get on a cruise. I ordered it on the Divina once only, and didn't even eat it. blech!

• 1 month later...
The pirate night menu on DCL although perfectly edible, was probably the "worst" meal I have had at sea. Should have gone to Palo/Remy that night instead.

I want to love the Pirate night on Disney cruises. It looks in theory soooooo amazing and I want to like it, but it isn't awesome. I food journal heavily on cruises (I journal heavily period ) and on that meal I wrote "meh."

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Nastiest thing on any cruise line I've been on wAs the warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival. Disgusting.

It just shows how much our palettes can be different. This is one of my favorite foods on carnival and I know many others that feel the same way. After I had it once I ordered it every night after and so did my table.

Edited by sherilyn70