alcohol card?

ranchette

Shoreguy,

You say a group of 20 or more. Do you know if that means you have to have a booking from the start together, or can we get our roll call group together? I'm sure it's a booking of 20 or more, b/c that helps NCL out in the long run, too!

Thanks!

Shoreguy,

You say a group of 20 or more. Do you know if that means you have to have a booking from the start together, or can we get our roll call group together? I'm sure it's a booking of 20 or more, b/c that helps NCL out in the long run, too!

Thanks!

I believe it has to be a group booking and everyone in the group pays for the card as a part of the group rate even if they don't drink.

This is set up by our TA, who travels with us. We expect a group of about 100 this year, We are cruising with Packer players from SBXXXI next year, but I digress.

The group size must be at least 20 and both adults in the cabin must sign up for it. Beyond that I think it's available for everyone, not just TAs,

If this fits your situation, I can get you more info on how to go about signing up.

210$ including tax and tip is very reasonable IMHO, especially if it includes drinks like Margarita or other cocktails. Do you think the waiters will be helpful toward you if they know the tip is already paid for? Knowing 15% tip is already paid for, I would probably give an additional dollar if I see the same waiter a 2-3 times, but not for a single drink that I go get at the bar.

210$ including tax and tip is very reasonable IMHO, especially if it includes drinks like Margarita or other cocktails. Do you think the waiters will be helpful toward you if they know the tip is already paid for? Knowing 15% tip is already paid for, I would probably give an additional dollar if I see the same waiter a 2-3 times, but not for a single drink that I go get at the bar.

I think but I am not certain the bar staff gets the normal 15% when they order a drink against the card. This may have changed but back in 2004 the entire bar staff was let go mid cruise for ordering drinks thet did not serve against the cards. Did not cost the passenger any more money and they were building a heathy tip pool at NCL's expense. The excess inventory gave them away.

Unlike the soda card they need to ring up every drink otherwise the inventory whould be short.

Archived