Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

Did you bid resorts? I have been bidding for two months now for March 22, 2008. I am up to $149 for resort and still getting rejected. It must be a busy weekend( saturday night before Easter).

Did you bid resorts? I have been bidding for two months now for March 22, 2008. I am up to $149 for resort and still getting rejected. It must be a busy weekend( saturday night before Easter).

Carbon - I bid resort + San Juan when I got the Marriott for April 26th. But, Easter is an expensive week so that's probably why so high

I am still trying for Feb 1 as well as Feb 9 (pre and post cruise)

Has anyone ever stayed at a "boutique" - what are they and are they worth it. For the most part I have been bidding on Resorts but am now looking at adding the three star category - any suggestions or experiences. thanks

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Taking the Destiny cruise for our December Honeymoon. Have been trying for two weeks on Priceline for resort and it wasn't happening. Dropped down to 3 star today and on about the 5th try got Sheraton Old San Juan for 3 night from Dec 23-Dec 26 for $100/night. :D

Don & Donna,

That's the same bid I did yesterday. One disadvantage is the the Sheraton Old San Juan is on the other side of the water from the PanAm pier, which is where the Celebrity ships embark. All the other cruise lines embark from the Old San Juan pier, which is next to the Sheraton. But I love Old San Juan and that will be nice for dinner.

Just a note - March 06 & 07 RCI Empress boarded at Pan American Pier also. And it is just a short cab ride anyway. Plus like you I love Old San Juan.:D

Don & Donna,

That's the same bid I did yesterday. One disadvantage is the the Sheraton Old San Juan is on the other side of the water from the PanAm pier, which is where the Celebrity ships embark. All the other cruise lines embark from the Old San Juan pier, which is next to the Sheraton. But I love Old San Juan and that will be nice for dinner.

I don't think that there is any hotel near to Pan-Am pier . . . a fair taxi ride from anywhere to get there.

How do you manage to bid more than once or twice on amy given day?

thanks

I went out of the site and then back in and it allowed me to bid again, good luck, I bid resort and San Juan and got the Marriott Stellarsis for 100.00 per night, good luck

Help me. I can't decide how to book a room in PR. I want 2 beds and there is no guarantee with a Priceline bid correct? Are 2 beds more typical then one queen or king in San Juan? We will be sailing in low season Oct. Will the hotels be somewhat empty?

There are only 2 of us. I am traveling w/ a male friend only and sharing a room is fine but I am not comfortable sharing a bed.

My experience is most of the time you can get seperate beds. If you do some research on Bidding for travel you will have a good idea of what hotel you will get and if they have two beds. We are in that situation and I will call the Raddison and request 2 beds. If they can't do it there is always a cot.

I am looking for 2 rooms for the same date in San Juan!!!! Just booked last week on AOS. I was worried that it being Easter weekend could be a problem, so have been trying to get air and hotel set as early as possible. Please let me know when and if you get a bid accepted!! Thanks and Good Luck!!!!

Dawn

Just got 2 rooms at the Marriott for a $110 bid for our 5/10/08 pre-cruise stay. Starting bidding at $65 and was refused at $10 increments to $95, then accepted at $110. (You can upgrade to an oceanview room for $25 a night whcih we did last year.)

I received the Old San Juan Sheraton for $110 for March 16. Have been trying for two nights pre cruise, March 7-8, both three star and resort, but have had no luck. This must be very high season with many cruises sailing near then (we are leaving on Adventure of the Seas, March 9). We have a back up hotel booked -- Holiday Inn Express -- which these boards say is very decent.

So I will keep trying. :o

Hi!

We finally got our pre cruise priceline bid accepted thanks to jjb415's tip to include Cabo Rojo (no resorts there) to our bid!

Here's our history

$75 San Juan resort- rejected

$85 San Juan resort - rejected

$95 San Juan resort - rejected

$105 San Juan resort - rejected

$110 San Juan resort - rejected

$110 San Juan/Cabo Rojo resort - ACCEPTED!!!

Thanks for the help!

Sue

We are flying in pre-cruise for one night and need to get a hotel. I bid on Priceline for many of my trips so I know about the rebid zones and such. I gone up as high as $125 for a RESORT with no luck. Anyone else hitting in the San Juan area for a RESORT and if so, how much did you have to increase your bids?

hiya guys,

I have been trying for 3 separate reservations feb 14-16, feb 28-mar1 and mar 8-10 on priceline resorts. I know i could drop to a 3-star but i DO NOT want the sheraton downtown therefore this star range is OUT.

so far all 4 daily tries per rez have been a NO-GO..bidding max so far has been $165..i will not exceed this until the dates get closer.

hotwire did offer the intercontinental for $264 but i will wait abit longer.

If anyone has success PLEASE POST Thank you

*sweet*