Finally cabin assigned Is It Good???

ksat

Decided to check if my cabin had been assigned as I had booked a gty on the Glory. Received an 8B on the Empress deck 7358. Has anyone stayed in this room on the Glory or one of the other Conquest classes? Is this a good deal? I will just be happy when the next 50 days are over and I am cruising.:D

Ksat -- I took a look at the deck plans for the Glory and I'd say you did better good. Almost mid-ship, you have a balcony, the elevators are near by for your convenience and there are cabins above and below you. Just sit yourself out on the balcony and enjoy the waters with your special drink in hand. :p

Just curious; how did you learn about your cabin assignment? I too have an 8A guarantee, 58 days out and none of the methods we used to use to find out about cabin assignments work anymore.

yeah, I am curiuos too!!

I logged in the Carnival site and went to my reservation. I then clicked on modify booking and scrolled down. It was no longer listed as a guarantee but as our deck and room number. I was extremely happy.:D

I logged in the Carnival site and went to my reservation. I then clicked on modify booking and scrolled down. It was no longer listed as a guarantee but as our deck and room number. I was extremely happy.:D

congrats! I booked with a TA to save money and cannot do that! and other methods are no longer available. Suppose I have to wait for my Doc's or till the day we sail! It is 53 days away and I am getting so excited!

thanks for sharing your good fortune! It is fun sharing in the excitement!:D

Modify booking link is only there for people who booked directly through carnival- so if you booked using an outside agent youwont find the modify link.

I booked with a TA and found my gty. For those who have a little time on their hands you can do this.

Go to the Carnival site and print out the deck plans for your particular ship. If you have a balcony gty print only those decks with balcony's. If you are traveling with only two persons in the stateroom then cross off all those rooms that accomodate more than two. Now cross off the handi-capped rooms.

Now with deckplans in hand go to the bon voyage are and try to purchase an item. It will ask for your booking # (Carnival's not your TA's #) and a stateroom number. Keep putting in cabin numbers. When you hit the right cabin # it will come up with your name and the other person's who will be occupying the same cabin.

Good Luck it takes time but I was one of those who just couldn't wait!!!:D

I booked with a TA and found my gty. For those who have a little time on their hands you can do this.

Go to the Carnival site and print out the deck plans for your particular ship. If you have a balcony gty print only those decks with balcony's. If you are traveling with only two persons in the stateroom then cross off all those rooms that accomodate more than two. Now cross off the handi-capped rooms.

Now with deckplans in hand go to the bon voyage are and try to purchase an item. It will ask for your booking # (Carnival's not your TA's #) and a stateroom number. Keep putting in cabin numbers. When you hit the right cabin # it will come up with your name and the other person's who will be occupying the same cabin.

it has also been said the if you get this message:

We are sorry, but an online order cannot be placed for a Guaranteed Category cabin. Please call 1-800-522-7648 to place your order over the phone.

then you are in this room because

IF it was NOT assigned you would get this message:Invalid Booking and/or State Room.

SO, I am confused how some get your name to show up and others get these 2 messages?

Are both ways right?

Dying to know! But I can wait...53 days!

That's called the "Kelly Method", by the way. In the past it has proven to be very undependable, since with a guarantee they can change your cabin right up until sailaway if need be. :D

Don't misunderstand, I always book guarantees. I once went through the entire boarding process with somebody else's docs (my name scribbled over them) until getting the security/cabin card/key for the pic just before boarding the ship. :)

That's called the "Kelly Method", by the way. In the past it has proven to be very undependable, since with a guarantee they can change your cabin right up until sailaway if need be. :D

Don't misunderstand, I always book guarantees. I once went through the entire boarding process with somebody else's docs (my name scribbled over them) until getting the security/cabin card/key for the pic just before boarding the ship. :)

So it sounds like even IF my names shows up since I am GTY they can still move me...oh well, no need to even try, I will just be "surprised"

thanks for the information!:)

232271, looks like we are sailing the same day. If you are sailing on the Liberty, I have learned that all of the 8A's are booked, a few 8B's are open and plenty of 8C's and 8E's. Most cat 11's are still available as well as 4 cat 12's. I tried the Kelly method and came up with nothing!

232271, looks like we are sailing the same day. If you are sailing on the Liberty, I have learned that all of the 8A's are booked, a few 8B's are open and plenty of 8C's and 8E's. Most cat 11's are still available as well as 4 cat 12's. I tried the Kelly method and came up with nothing!

Actually on the Conquest out of Galveston 11/19, and all the balcony's for this are only for 2/3 people, we are 4, so I am thinking we must be "assigned" somewhere, but they wont tell us! bummer!! and cat 11/12 are sold out as are cat 9 and 8E.

waiting is so hard, but what else can i do! :)

Archived