Can you bring Wine?

Nilla

It is a VERY poor selection. I like one Chard (La Crema) on the list and also thought we'd try the "Celebrity" Cab for kicks. It's just something to sip while leisurely getting ready for dinner. Some of my favorite wines are under $15. As for liquor, can't go wrong with Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire!

We were on Infinity 9/2/06 and did take 4 bottles of wine in our checked bags. No problem and did enjoy them in the dining room-with the corkage fee. There was a good selection of wines by the glass and they do keep bottles that you don't drink for the the next nite.

Do they keep track of how often you pay the fee and cut you off after 2X?

No limit!

BTW, the best buy from the Bon Voyage gift order list is Travellers Choice which lets you pick a specific Cab, Chard, or sparkling wine. The sparkling wine is Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc which is a bargain at $36 a bottle.

I just don't understand the dichotomy. If there is a policy, then corkage should not be offered. Knowing it is against the rules, I wouldn't bring wine. Therefore, X loses the corkage fee from me. They most likely will NOT make it back in purchase of other wine, as I'm likely to not drink wine at all if I can't have the one I want at what I consider to be a fair price...

The iced tea is tasty, free, and will suffice just fine if I can't have my own wine. It's their loss...

Thanks for the link. Just curious, certainly not a connoisseur(lucky I can spell it), are there other wines in the $20-$30 range that can be purchased for in room consumption on board. In a pinch I suppose the Celebrity private label choices will do, just looking for something as a before dinner drink while getting ready for dinner.

Thanks for the link. Just curious, certainly not a connoisseur(lucky I can spell it), are there other wines in the $20-$30 range that can be purchased for in room consumption on board. In a pinch I suppose the Celebrity private label choices will do, just looking for something as a before dinner drink while getting ready for dinner.

There is a wine list recently posted that shows you the other selections. The bars do not carry a full stock and it is the luck of the draw as to whether someone will make the effort to go and get you what you want, except in the dining room.

And then you will also be charged the 15% service charge, despite the fact that there is no service involved.

There is an active thread on the RCI board discussing their new policy which really stinks. For "gifts" of wine prepurchased, they are now charging a corkage fee to drink the bottle if you bring it to the dining room. So, not only are you buying from them at their mark up, but then they are charging extra to consume it in the dining room. I expect this same ludicrous policy will rear its ugly head on X shortly.

This is all about corporate lawyer overkill. If you are not an underage drinker you will have no problems bringing anything aboard.

I'm not interested in bringing anything aboard unless it is permitted. I don't care if I can get away with it or not - if it's against the rules, I'm not going to do it.

:mad:WOW WOW WOW! Did some of your read my question at all?????????????????????? I asked if we were allowed to bring wine on board and pay a corkage fee, as I have seen this done on other cruise lines! DID I ASK TO SMUGGLE IT ON............................NO! If the cruise line allows you to pay a corkage fee then great if it does not then fine! But some people need to stop thinking that people that will being wine on and pay a fee are big bad people! Stop being all hollier than though! Read the full question before you jump all over people!

:mad:WOW WOW WOW! Did some of your read my question at all?????????????????????? I asked if we were allowed to bring wine on board and pay a corkage fee, as I have seen this done on other cruise lines! DID I ASK TO SMUGGLE IT ON............................NO! If the cruise line allows you to pay a corkage fee then great if it does not then fine! But some people need to stop thinking that people that will being wine on and pay a fee are big bad people! Stop being all hollier than though! Read the full question before you jump all over people!

Nilla, the fact is that it is not permitted to bring wine aboard according to Celebrity's written policy.

They do have a corkage fee in place, an obvious remnant of better days.

There are many of us who have always brought wine on openly and paid the fee. To do so now is in violation of X's policy. Getting away with it is another matter entirely and a personal choice.

Them's the facts:).

[quote name='Nilla']:mad:WOW WOW WOW! Did some of your read my question at all?????????????????????? I asked if we were allowed to bring wine on board and pay a corkage fee, as I have seen this done on other cruise lines! DID I ASK TO SMUGGLE IT ON............................NO! If the cruise line allows you to pay a corkage fee then great if it does not then fine! But some people need to stop thinking that people that will being wine on and pay a fee are big bad people! Stop being all hollier than though! Read the full question before you jump all over people![/quote]

Your question would be fine if X's policy made any sense. However, their policy does not make sense - it contradicts itself! You are NOT allowed to bring wine aboard. However, you ARE able to pay a corkage fee. Therefore, in order to LEGITIMATELY exercise your "right" to pay a corkage, you would have had to have smuggled the wine aboard. Go figure!

Archived