In-suite parties

IndyBride

We're getting married on the Century in March 2007 and staying in a penthouse suite. :) There will be 40 sailing guests. We'd like to have a party for our guests in our suite with an open bar, and we were wondering if it would be better for our butler to arrange this, or should we arrange this ahead of time with the cruise line? Would there be a difference in price? This would be for an hour before dinner, so we probably wouldn't ask for any food... just some nuts/chips, etc.

Thanks!

Yes, you may do this, but there will be a charge for all beverages served. For that many guests I would contact Guest Services for Celebrity and pre-arrange for the party. They might be able to give you a special rate for the beverages, and with 40 people, you might want to think about hiring more than one person for serving. I don't think it's fair for one butler to have to handle so many people.

We often entertain in our suite and I am sure you will have a wonderful time. If you are planning your party on the departure night I would definetly plan it through guest relations. Any other night give your butler a little advance notice - hopefully one day and you will be surprised what he is able to do.

We have found it to be easiest to ask your guests what they enjoy for a beverage (unless of course you know their preferences) and pre-order wines, soft drinks etc. The wine celler is closed during certain hours so your butler will have to pick up the wines you require to meet your requirements. The butlers will usually arrange 6 - 10 large trays of finger foods (gratis). Prior to the party he will stock your suite with proper glass ware, ice, napkins etc. Depending on the level of service he will be happy to assist in serving, getting specially requested drinks and whatever else you may require.

Your butler will even assist in delivering your invitations to your guests.

Congratulations on your wedding and have a wonderful time.

Jim

Yes, go through your butler - If you go through Guest Services there will be charges for the appetizers. If you butler does it you will only be charged for the wine or liquor. He will supply any appetizers you need or want.

He also will set up the suite for the party, linen, glass wear, napkins, ice bucket, wine coolers etc. the attachments are photos of our Sky suite setup for a party.

Enjoy and congratulation on your wedding

Francine

1234083310_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-12.jpg.21b1706e7d42a5afba07d94869fdfb7d.jpg

991076258_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-14.jpg.4d65d7ee47a356b0e81268745d5fbc15.jpg

30440492_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-16.jpg.cc26fd9f836427a0df1830fc977b5979.jpg

• 1 month later...

How does the invitations work? Did you bring your own onboard or did they have some available onboard or were they verbal invitations that the butler delivered? Also, did you get all the staterooms from the guests first? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

You are responsible for your own invitations for in-suite parties---especially if it's for a large group. You should get the cabin numbers from your guests before you leave on the cruise. It's very time consuming to ask your butler to find your guests, and these guys are already so busy that it's something you should be responsible for. But, the butler can be asked to deliver the invitations to each cabin. Also, instead of written invitatons you could also call and leave a voice mail invitation to your guests. Again, that will entail your finding out all the cabin numbers for your guests.

I had forgotten to pack invitations and as usual our butler came to the rescue. He stopped by the florist and picked up some small envelopes and note cards. In no time flat we were able to make our own invitations.

I think I will remember to bring along some nice invitations and Thank You cards for my next cruise.

Jim

I made invitations before our cruise using print shop I left off the time and date and filled those in once on board and we knew the time of the CC meeting.

We had exchanged cabin numbers before so that was all taken care of (by email not on postings). I just completed the invitation and our butler delivered them.

You also have printed stationary in your suite but not enough for a lot of invitations.

Francine

Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful! I already know the day and time of the party - so I may forgo the invitations and just let the invitees know online. Although, I may change my mind and bring some invitations since having printed invitations delivered is such a nice touch...

We'll be in four Sky Suites (my husband and me, my parents, and my brother and SIL and their kids) on the Century. Am I understanding that I can select a night for all of us to have a little cocktail party in our suite and our butler will make all the arrangments (i.e., appetizers, plates, glassware, etc.). We would just supply the liquor? If that is the case, how soon upon boarding should we let our butler know of our plans? Is there a charge for the appetizers or set up (other than the add'l tip for the butler)?

I advised our butler at our first meeting that we were thinking of planning a party in our cabin, but we did not know the date. He suggested that we leave all the planning and set up to him. Just give him the date and time and he would get all the appetizers (for free) he said do not call customer service as they would charge us for them. He supplied all the serve ware, plates, silverware etc. We just purchased the wine, which he got an ice bucket to keep it cold (white wine) As of this extra service all done with a smile and "of course Madam I will take care of it". Just tip him extra for all the extras.

Francine

Archived