Onboard Credit thru Wedding Registry

CPCruiser4Life

My fiance and I are getting married, and wondered if there was a way we could add "Princess Dollars" aka Onboard Credit onto our Wedding Registry?

Is this possible? Is this something we would need to set up through Princess or My TA

Is it as simple as a Person saying, Please add $50 of onboard credit to so and so for this cruise??

Any help on this matter be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!!

Less than 300 days to my unobstructed, fully covered, Baja Aft Cabin!!!

My fiance and I are getting married, and wondered if there was a way we could add "Princess Dollars" aka Onboard Credit onto our Wedding Registry?

Is this possible? Is this something we would need to set up through Princess or My TA

Is it as simple as a Person saying, Please add $50 of onboard credit to so and so for this cruise??

Any help on this matter be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!!

Less than 300 days to my unobstructed, fully covered, Baja Aft Cabin!!!

yes..it is possible...the "giver" just needs to call princess, state the amount and have a credit card to charge it to..there will be a note in your cabin indicating the gift and name of the giver. People just need to know your name and ship/sailing date.

Largin,

I do not know if it is or isn't...it was my fiance's idea, and she is quite tasteful, but you do bring up a good point, but...

from my perspective...having anything on a gift registy is tacky...you're telling people what you want and what you expect from them....so I don't know what is tasteful and what is not.

What do people think...tacky or kosher?

Largin,

I do not know if it is or isn't...it was my fiance's idea, and she is quite tasteful, but you do bring up a good point, but...

from my perspective...having anything on a gift registy is tacky...you're telling people what you want and what you expect from them....so I don't know what is tasteful and what is not.

What do people think...tacky or kosher?

not sure if this is much different than having an "envelop box" on a table at the wedding for "cash/check" gifts. Quite common is some circles, especially for those who are already "established" in life with home and furnishings, etc and have no need for another crock pot or blender.

Frankly, I think its kinda of in poor taste also.

There is a certain amount of neccesity in having a gift table, because when people walk in, you have to have someplace to put the boxes. Having an envelope box is also different, since many people have cards they want to give the bride and groom, and if they just lay them on the table, they could easily get lost or misplaced.

But...asking for money for your cruise just sounds tacky. I know if I got an invitation like that I wouldn't give.

Well it looks like it might be acceptable..

http://weddings.about.com/od/weddingregistry/a/moneyinstead.htm

Larry,

You are a classy guy. Not everyone would take back their post so graciously - with a resource, to boot!

I agreed with your initial assessment regarding this - then recalled DD's wedding 10 years ago. No "traditional" wedding registry. Guests knew that the newlyweds planned to backpack around Europe for six weeks. We gave them a video camera and outfitted their "backpacks". His folks paid for airline tickets and limo to airport. Additional funds for hotels, hostels, inns, rooms, food, wine, Eur-rail passes, etc. were the preferred "gift" for the recent college grads.

Personally, DH and I never give cash if the couple has a wedding registry as we prefer to give them something that they have requested. If I knew that I had the opportunity to provide an onboard an credit/gift to newlyweds on a honeymoon cruise, I would feel that this is perfectly acceptable ;) .

Chris

Miss Manners has an opinion about the etiquette of cash gifts, but she's not participating in this thread -- nevermind that you didn't ask about etiquette.

So......the answer to your question is that you cannot link your registry directly to your shipboard account. You will have to find a way to inform your guests of your booking information and provide them with Princess' phone number.

Archived