2 Silly Questions about Tahit Cruise

Curious Jan

Everyone talks about the beautiful flowers they bring aboard from Papeete

for their rooms. Do you bring vases in your suit cases or are they provided?

Also is there any problem with bringing snack type foods in your purse or luggage from Pittsburgh to Papeete. I am afraid with the time change and

arrival in Papeete that we may be hungry and have nothing available to us.

I know when we went to Bermuda we could not have anything eatable in

our luggage.

Thanks

Jan

I always have snacks in my carry-on bag - I can't stand most of the airline food, and much prefer my "munchies". Just make sure you eat your meat products before landing - some airports very touchy about bringing that into their country.

Never had a problem with vases etc for flowers - just ask the room steward!

Michael

The flowers you buy at the Marche are already arranged in an oasis block. They come in a foiled lined tray or plastic tray that you can leave them in the entire cruise.

We brought more then a few snacks with us on each of 5 trips to Tahiti. Never any question. While immigration takes time, I have never seen anyone's baggage being inspected by any type of customs agent.

MPCakes is right on both accounts. There are a lot of nice assortments to choose from regarding the flowers. Just don't think out loud because my wife said, "Oh...these are nice" and within two seconds somebody else picked it up and bought it.

As for food, we brought Kudos, Cookies and other snack foods with us and there was no problem at all.

Didn't do it with Princess but did do it with Renaissance. Flowers in the marketplace, a short walk from the dock, are in an arrangement as MPCakes has stated. The only problem we had was finding enough room in our balcony cabin to put the beautiful flowers.

I suppose you can bring no fruits or fresh foods? But pre-packaged munchies are OK?

We bought flowers for our room in Hawaii, and found I was allergic. So that is something to consider. As beautiful as they are, remember the cabin is fairly small and if you tend to be allergic to pollens, plants, or fragrances, you may not want to buy flowers.

The flowers in the Marche are beautiful and I spent $25. Best deal on the entire tour as I added water to the foil container daily and they lasted the entire 10 days. When you arrive in Tahiti, even if it is late there is plenty of food in the buffet. Don't bring too much, ATN serves 2 meals and drinks, and then you have a late dinner in the buffet. You won't get that hungry as the food is not bad. Avoid the omlet for breakfast on ATN, the veal sausage smelled terrible and the eggs were so dry. Other than that, it was better than most airlines!

Lorraine

We bought flowers on the afternoon we boarded. The Marche is very close and we bought a great arrangement for only $10US which were still fine on our last day. We were in a balcony cabin and they sat on the table and looked absolutely beautiful. I put water in each day. We made sure we chose an arrangement that was made up entirely of native flowers and leaves with lots of bright colour. It is no good buying roses etc as they will not last in that climate, especially as we left our verandah door open quite often.

You are lucky to have the trip in front of you. It is a wonderful trip and I only wish we had done back to back.

Jennie

The buffet was open when we arrived on the ship and there was food available on the ATN flight. I don't recall any warnings about what could or could not be brought into Tahiti although I wouldn't bring fresh fruit or meat products just to be on the safe side.

It's a long flight to get to Tahiti but it's worth it.

Archived