Houston building a "state of the art" cruise terminal?? (Merged threads)

CruisinOnWheels

I'll be there when the new line comes in.......I'm hoping for MSC....don't know why.....something different

Maybe Snoozeman and myself will start Bubba Cruises......an inflatable with tours off the bay and Galveston

I too keep watching this thread with interest.. My DH and I were just discussing booking the Conquest for the eastern cruise next Sept.[2009]

Now, dang it, I am still watching the Bay Port news to see what ship is coming.. I am now a bronze member with NCL so I am more than curious if NCL could be coming.. But we throughly enjoyed both the Conquest and Ecstasy..

I am signed up at the MSC sight and they seem to have very good pricing..

Decisions, decisions:)

I wonder if who ever comes will start off with lower fares to start off the new port. Or if the pricing will be high, knowing we are all waiting..LOL

We are 3 hours from the cruise ports so we enjoy sailing from there.

you are lucky to be only 3 hours- we are 6 from galveston, and would give anything to have a new cruise port in houston. even though i have convinced myself that after cruising from this port a couple of times i will want to go further. we cruised the rhaposdy and it was great. we are doing the msc orchestra in march 2009. we are really exicted, but am dreading the flight. we used to fly everywhere- just for weekends- but now with the prices skyrocketed we are saving!!! let's just hope upon hope we get a cruise ship here- i don't understand the prob-- when the ships were here- where they not full i ask you???

of couse they were!!!

As I can't fly anymore, I like having ports in driving distance. A friend and I are driving to NO this Weds. to get on the Fantasy, and that's do able for us. Catching a ship out of Houston would be great.

I personally can't wait for the BCL to launch. I too have heard great things about the buffett (pronounced as spelled)

Peaches

I hear the bubba buffet is durn right good on BCL...
... I too have heard great things about the buffett (pronounced as spelled)...

Y'all got that right! I hear there is plenty of chicken fried steaks with cream gravy, pan fried pork chops & ham steaks with sawmill gravy, mashed or fried 'taters, grilled tender aged steaks, fried catfish, shrimp & oysters (in corn meal, not some sort of batter), corn dogs, BBQ'd chicken, pork & beef, 'tater salad, beans, etc. Gourmet or "heart healthy" food? We don't need no stinkin' gourmet or "heart healthy" food!

Entertainment:

Lots of live country music everywhere with plenty of Texas two-step, cotton-eyed Joe or line dancin' as well as the ever popular cold beer drinkin'. On TV, there is NASCAR, football, rodeos and fishin' or huntin' shows.

Dress Code:

Formal - Country or Western Chic (Fringe makers and bedazlers everywhere will be workin' lots of overtime!)

Casual - Dukes of Hazard Chic (Can those words be in the same sentence?)

082502btw_prv.gif, I am not trying to "put down" any of the BCL cruiser-types 'cause I is one!

Happily sittin' here listenin' to my softly playin' country music in the background and catchin' up on my tapes of Paula's Home Cooking shows (Yes... I use lots of butter in everything I cook too!),

Kat 030106YA32_prv.gif

Click here http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=14099 for the 04/22/08 Seatrade Insider news article. If you haven't already, you will need to register to read their articles.

Sorry, but only a brief mention of Voyager OTS sailing from Galveston December of next year. Nothing about Bayport.

Kat 020105_emYA13_prv.gif

Yeah, RCI committed five years in Galveston when they made the Voyager deal. This was year one. Good to see the 2010 dates though. Should be 2011 and 2012 as well in the future. Of course we were supposed to have a 2nd ship too.:rolleyes:

Best chance still MSC and NCL IMHO. MSC has several new ships coming out and they would be something new and different for Galveston. They may not be bubba enough (seriously-since they don't cater to the masses), but I'll book it.:)

but do you think we will all fit on the Bubba Cruises maiden voyage?

Kat 020105_emYA11_prv.gif

We will fit on the way in, but will we fit on the way OUT? The BCL buffet may just take cruising to a new level...Super, SUPER size me! :D

Can't wait for BCL to come to Houston! LOL.

I live in Southwest Houston and I can't wait for the new Bayport terminal to open and see which line will be going out of there.

Does anyone have any pics of the new Bayport terminal?

Best chance still MSC and NCL IMHO. MSC has several new ships coming out and they would be something new and different for Galveston. They may not be bubba enough (seriously-since they don't cater to the masses), but I'll book it.:)

I am in complete agreement with you on NCL being the most likely in Bayport but I don't see an MSC ship sailing from here. MSC caters to Europeans, even sailings from Ft. Lauderdale are majority Europeans. Sailing from Houston doesn't make much sense to me at this time considering the weak dollar and the size of the MSC fleet.

... Does anyone have any pics of the new Bayport terminal?

See previous posts from txskier starting with post #234 on 3/29/08 @ 5:13 PM. You might want to contact them.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived