Houston building a "state of the art" cruise terminal?? (Merged threads)

CruisinOnWheels

I wonder if they will let disabled vets park there for free like they do in Galveston. If not it might be better just to cruise out of Galveston with free parking and cheaper post fees.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been keeping tabs on this new cruise terminal for those that cruise out of Galveston,texas now, looks like well have more selections;)

Hi Robert,

No one is officially signed yet, but we’re quite close to signing with 2 brands – likely in the next 2 weeks. I’ll advise.

Looks like we’ll be operational in September 2008. One of the lines is considering coming in October 2009 and the other would come in early October 2010.

I’ll advise once we sign the cruise lines’ contracts, which means they’ll share the itinerary and the specific ship with us at that time.

Thanks for following-up –

Kay

Kay Adams

Cruise Manager

Sales, Marketing, Operations

Port of Houston Authority

Direct (713) 670-2670

Cell (713) 459-3028

Fax (713) 670-2697

I wonder if it will be the rumored MSC and NCL ??? And then what ship would NCL bring in?

lol thats what I was guessing NCL and MSC. Im wishing it would be Princess or another choice, but probably wishfull thinking.

Just any other choice will be grand.

I wonder if it will be the rumored MSC and NCL ??? And then what ship would NCL bring in?

I'd bet that it's NCL in '09 and MSC in '10...

I'd also be willing to bet the presence will be seasonal, at least at first...

lol thats what I was guessing NCL and MSC. Im wishing it would be Princess or another choice, but probably wishfull thinking.

Just any other choice will be grand.

I'm with you as far as other choices go. Not to wild about NCL unless it was one of their newer ships and MSC ???? not so sure about that ether.

I'd bet that it's NCL in '09 and MSC in '10...

I'd also be willing to bet the presence will be seasonal, at least at first...

At Least wed have more choices and maybe the extra port and competition would "MAYBE" bring prices down, wow a cruise price war!!!:p :D

Thanks. Turns out it wasn't a brain freeze after all. I've never heard of MSC. It looks interesting. Competition is a good thing.

they are not known for their great food and they have way too much Italian for someone like me who wouldnt eat spagetti, or noodles or lasgna, or any of those like that.

I havent heard anything about their food to appeal to me. the price would have to be REALLY good.

they are not known for their great food and they have way too much Italian for someone like me who wouldnt eat spagetti, or noodles or lasgna, or any of those like that.

I havent heard anything about their food to appeal to me. the price would have to be REALLY good.

Looking at one of their newer ships and a seven day the price isn't that great. In order to get a balcony you have to get a cat 11 which, for the least expensive sailing, is $1349/pp plus all the la de dah that comes along with it.

The site won't let you mock book so I couldn't get a final price...

Why can't it be Carnival and another line instead. I'd love to go bck through Texas again, but the distance between Houston and Galveston is two hours. The flight to Houston from where I live is 5-7 hours, so tack on two more and you might as well go thorugh Miami or LA (under 5 hour flight)....

I wouldn't cruise on NCL-Freestyle cruising is interesting, but I don't want to pay to eat at several of the specialty restaurants. Other cruise lines leave it at one specialty restaurant and that is enough!

I don't think any cruise line would have much trouble selling cabins out of Houston. We need more choices. I prefer at least 7 day cruises and right now the Conquest is the only ship within driving distance. I love the Conquest but something different would be great to. At least they threw a new itenery for the Conquest in for a few weeks next year.;)

That is GREAT news. We live about 2 1/2 hours or so from Galveston and even closer to Houston. More options would be amazing. We never thought we'd see a new itinerary out of Galveston and we FINALLY got one part time.

Now if we could just get an itinerary that headed for the St.'s!

Thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted!

Why can't it be Carnival and another line instead. I'd love to go bck through Texas again, but the distance between Houston and Galveston is two hours. The flight to Houston from where I live is 5-7 hours, so tack on two more and you might as well go thorugh Miami or LA (under 5 hour flight)....

Two hours from the airport?? Wow, It shouldnt have taken more than about an hour and 15 minutes, did you hit a traffic jam or trouble on the bridge??

Hobby is only 45 minutes.

The reason it wouldnt be Carnival or RCL is because they are under contract to pour more money into Galveston right now. Since Carnival owns Princess, Im guessing if Princess came back, they would again go out of Galeveston on the days when there was no Carnival ship from the same port. I think RCL signed the new contract for Galveston within the last year or less for the next 3 years.

Two hours from the airport?? Wow, It shouldnt have taken more than about an hour and 15 minutes, did you hit a traffic jam or trouble on the bridge??

Hobby is only 45 minutes.

Guess you haven't driven it recently (the last ten years). ;)

Archived