Berkeley care travel insurance?

dis2cruise

Pia, I wasn't really replying to your post. I just wanted to alert people to the age of this thread. I know I'm bad about looking at the date of a post myself! So sorry I didn't get to meet you on the Hawaii cruise last month, but hopefully our paths will cross on some sea in the future! I sure do enjoy your blogs.

And I appreciate your participation. Re: above. I just get annoyed when these first and only time posters just pop in to start trouble.

We have found them to be the best in the industry to deal with. Also, having to disembark in Europe during a transatlantic, they did indeed reimburse our airfare to fly home under the cruise interuption portion of the policy. We did NOT have Princess air, but it is covered under the above portion of the policy.

Thanks for that response. In that event, when I don't book air through Princess (which is almost always the case, except for respositioning cruises), it is much less expensive to get a policy with better coverage using www.insuremytrip.com. Of course, the advantage of Princess' travel care is that you can cancel for any reason and get future travel credit, and that it is not price dependant on age.

I have a question...With Princess Platinum coverage....Can you cancel for any reason, within 15 days of a cruise, with a pre-existing condition? (and receive a refund or cruise credit) Thanks.

I don't have a problem Pia and this is what this cruise critic site is for, is to help others ,you need to learn to respect the opinions of others experience, if you are not mature enough to do that, stay off the cruise critic board.Your comment was childish .I care that people are being hurt by Berkeley, just because you had a good experience does not justify what they have done to hurt others, Go to Rip Off reports,see the facts yourself many people have been hurt by this company. I will continue to help others and give my opinion and facts, I feel sorry for you that you could lift yourself up by complaining about my comment and putting another human being down.

I don't have a problem Pia and this is what this cruise critic site is for, is to help others ,you need to learn to respect the opinions of others experience, if you are not mature enough to do that, stay off the cruise critic board.Your comment was childish .I care that people are being hurt by Berkeley, just because you had a good experience does not justify what they have done to hurt others, Go to Rip Off reports,see the facts yourself many people have been hurt by this company. I will continue to help others and give my opinion and facts, I feel sorry for you that you could lift yourself up by complaining about my comment and putting another human being down.

Oh please! You come onto the boards for the first time, fire a salvo at Berkley without any details and not expect to be questioned and feel put down???? Give us some detail as to circumstaces of your bone of contention with Berkley and then maybe you will not get negative feedback. Anyone posting on any subject here expecting agreement and sweetness and light from other posters is naive at best.:rolleyes: Disagreement does not indicate lack of respect for others opinions. That belief is political correctness at its very worst.

Don't use them they are fraud!!!!! Honestly do not use them ...if i can save 1 person from loosing your money i will pursue this forever no need to go into detail i am truthful don't use berkeley .

I also said if they changed their mind and they decided to give me my refund,that I deserve,I will post it here,and show that they did , Berkeley refused the refund, I persisted and filed a complaint, at this time they are saying they will go ahead and mail me a refund, had I not said anything,and not made a fuss, I most likely would not have ever gotten a refund,If I do get the refund, I will post it here.

Sometimes you have to do whatever you have to do to be heard,and I got my message across, and I could care less about the negative comments, they go in 1 ear and out the other.I also don't give a darn wheteher I'm a first time poster or the 50th, I love free speech.

On my last cruise in January, I had to visit the medical center for an eye infection. Total bill was $80 billed to my cruise account. Not going to break me but I had purchased the insurance through Berkeley and decided to file the claim when I returned home.

Because I am on Medicare with a supplement I had to first file with my supplement and have it denied. Then I had to prove to Medicare that I was truly out of the country and not within 2 hours of a US port so they could deny it.

Had to get my cruise folio from Princess to show it was paid. After I received all this documentation, then and only then would Berkeley accept my claim.

Give them credit though, only 5 months after the cruise it was paid in full.

We are booked for an Alaskan cruise in May and we did not choose this company for our travel insurance.

Sue

Then I had to prove to Medicare that I was truly out of the country and not within 2 hours of a US port so they could deny it.

Are you saying that Medicare would cover it at sea if you were within two hours of a US port, even if the ship was not going to that port?

Actually, I would assume for a claim such as this Medicare would reject it 100% of the time unless you could prove you were docked at a US port, not prove you were not.

Archived