Will my laptop fit in my Fantasy safe?

JAKcruiser

We're leaving on the Fantasy tomorrow and it looks like my husband may have to bring his laptop for work. He had hoped not to be involved with work at all, but his boss had different thoughts. Does anyone know if a laptop will fit in the safe on the Fantasy?

Thanks once again my Cruise Critic friends!

We're leaving on the Fantasy tomorrow and it looks like my husband may have to bring his laptop for work. He had hoped not to be involved with work at all, but his boss had different thoughts. Does anyone know if a laptop will fit in the safe on the Fantasy?

Thanks once again my Cruise Critic friends!

I have cruised and left it out on the desk all week with no problems...

Cell phone may fit in safe... if your laptop is any bigger than that it will have to wait outside.

Carry a locking cable and attach it to the laptop and to something big.

Or better yet, do like I did and escape from email for a week! This is coming from a guy who can't live without it on land.

To the boss who wants an employee to work on a cruise: it may be time for a new job!!!

Cell phone may fit in safe... if your laptop is any bigger than that it will have to wait outside.

Carry a locking cable and attach it to the laptop and to something big.

Or better yet, do like I did and escape from email for a week! This is coming from a guy who can't live without it on land.

To the boss who wants an employee to work on a cruise: it may be time for a new job!!!

A locking cable is an excellent suggestion and the OP's husband's company should be providing one for his use along with his laptop.

On the other hand, his employer should also be picking up his internet charges--so that means you can keep us all posted LIVE from your cruise!

I appreciate all the replies. We have always been a "no electronics/no checking in with the office on a cruise" type of family so we just never bothered to think about it. My DH is still working tonight. Hopefully, he can finish up and not have to worry about the office. Just in case, it's nice to know what our options are.

Thanks again!

I took my laptop on a 37 day cruise and left it out in the open on the QE2 and NOTHING happened to it. But I agree, either leave it at home or get a new job. The boss is nuts. I took my for a diary and upload pictures.

Archived