later debarkation..........

cruzluver199

Most cruise lines ask that passengers vacate cabins between 7 & 8 AM on the last morning to allow cabin stewards in to prepare cabins for the next cruise. Seems I read somewhere that NCL allows guests to remain in their cabin until their "color" is called, however.

I think the higher end cruises let you stay in your cabin later but most you are out by 8am. Look at Silverseas, Seabourn and RSSC.

I was watching a program on cruises and the staff have only a couple of hours to clean all the cabins before the new guests arrive.

Don't forget the cabin stewards & wait staff do double duty on turnaround day!!

They do their duties plus baggage delivery etc...

NCL and HAL both offer debark at your leisure. On their ships, the last passengers usually depart around 10 to 10:30 am.

I think you still need to be out of your cabin by 8 am .

We were off by 8:30 but i think in the daily newsletter it tells you ...you are free to wait in the public areas until your colour tag is called.

Most people are crowding around the gangplank so people trying to get off have a hard time getting around those with later disembarkation colours!;)

I think you still need to be out of your cabin by 8 am .

We were off by 8:30 but i think in the daily newsletter it tells you ...you are free to wait in the public areas until your colour tag is called.

;)

Not on HAL - you can wait in your room!

check out NCL Pearl, we have booked this cruise and it doesn't get back into Miami until 12 noon. It also offers islands that are not your typical eastern cruise. We will be on in March 07.

I was definitely going to recommend the NCL Pearl since it doesn't get back until noon.

Which cruiseline/ship has a late debark? I am NOT an early riser.......

are you also planning to sleep in on port days -- you will miss time ashore

are you saying that you will pick a cruise solely depending on how late you can sleep on debark day

• 2 weeks later...

NCL/HAL (fairly recently)/Crystal all let you disembark late, and all let you wait in your staterooms. I know from personal experience. I too am not an early riser and was very happy to not have to spoil a long, leisurely trip by making a mad dash the last morning. The only problem is, that, if you're having to go through immigration, you may still have to get up early. :eek: I usually struggle through, with coffee in hand, and tousled hair, and then wonder back up to the room to actually begin my slow preparations for the day. ;) I try not to stay too long, though, as I have sympathy for the crew and the day they have ahead!

Maybe, as others have posted, you'll want to find a cruise that doesn't dock til later in the day. I think that's a fine idea.

And, yes, I do pick my cruises based on what the last day will be like. Maybe not solely, but it's definitely one of the factors. I miss lots of port tours, but, that's because I'm on the ship to be on the ship. Most of my cruises have been repositioning/transoceanic because of that. :)

on the last morning you will just have to set your alarm clock

If you are on a ship that is starting debarkation procedures early, no need for an alarm. Every cruise we've been on has had the captain come on the loudspeaker (right in the cabin) talking about debarkation procedures. I doubt anyone could sleep through it, not even my teens can.

We're the opposite, early risers here. We (not the teen children) are up and ready, watching the ship pull into port after we have had a nice breakfast in the dining room, not many people are there when it first opens.

We roust the kids, they have to do battle in the buffet if they want to eat.

I was watching a program on cruises and the staff have only a couple of hours to clean all the cabins before the new guests arrive.

Don't forget the cabin stewards & wait staff do double duty on turnaround day!!

They do their duties plus baggage delivery etc...

I'd like to see that show. I'm amazed at how they can turn the ship around so quickly. Surely they must bring in extra help?
are you also planning to sleep in on port days -- you will miss time ashore
I personally love port days, but everyone doesn't! People cruise for different reasons.

On NCL, you can stay in your cabin until last disembarkation call. Even if you have to go through immigration, just make sure you get the last color tags for non-us-citizens and you shouldn't have to go trhough immigration before 10 am or something like that (except if arrival in port is schedule before 10 am).

Archived