C & A Savings Certificate - No Savings Now

When we received the "old" savings certificates via mail before we started receiving the "new" certificates, we were able to apply the discount no matter when the cruise was booked. Now with the "new" certificates, you must book your cruise within the month the certificate is available to get the discount.

I know it is their company and they can change the rules when they want but this really ticks me off. I own my own business and when we change things we take our customer in consideration first, not us. Maybe that is why we must bust our rear ends all year so we can take our one week vacation instead of four weeks a year like a lot of others do.

Just venting, I will get off my soapbox now.

Tim

Actually, I booked a cruise for next May months ago, I saw a coupon come up this month, it was applied without a problem.

It says you have to book in that month but I dont think they are being really strict with that.

Nitra, the lady I spoke with last week told me to fax it in and they would apply it to my booking within 3-4 days. She told me to call the next week should it not appear on my booking. It had not so I called them today. I spoke with two different ladies and got the same answer from both, NO credit if it is not booked within the same month as the coupon. I too booked our cruise this past May, on board, and this did not matter.

iluvcruzin, as I just stated it was booked on board in May. I did not receive my C & A discount (balcony cabin) until last week when I called them and asked about that and the discount certificate.

As you will note on my sig, we have ONLY sailed RCCL, 10 times in fact in the last 5 years, mainly because of the way they treat their customers. I am beginning to wonder if they have forgotten how they become one of the major cruise lines and who got them there. Customer service and the customer, that is how. It now seems they are not that concerned with how the customer feels about them now as long as they get their money.

Tim

I noticed you used the word "we" in your original post.

Here is what DH and I do....

Initially we were both signed up for online coupon access, monthly.

When I realized that this would mean that we would not get mailed the quarterly coupons (ones that have a longer "shelf life" in terms of application and are always different than the monthly, online, ones) I called RCCL and told them that I would prefer to recieve the mailed coupons instead of having access to apply the online coupons.

Note here that I did not mention a word about DH's account...

So now I recieve the mailed coupons and DH has access to the online coupons. If I see a coupon we can use I just have it applied using the appropriate account number for the type of coupon.

So far so good. We just applied an online coupon for a Rhapsody sailing using his number....

Actually, I booked a cruise for next May months ago, I saw a coupon come up this month, it was applied without a problem.

It says you have to book in that month but I dont think they are being really strict with that.

You were lucky they took the coupon.

I wanted to use a coupon to book a cruise for a VOS cruise in December of '06 on August 2 of this year with a coupon from July's Crown & Anchor coupons and I could not.

I called and e-mailed Crown & Anchor and was told both times that I needed to book by the end of July or the coupon would not be honored.

Bob:)

I noticed you used the word "we" in your original post.

Here is what DH and I do....

Initially we were both signed up for online coupon access, monthly.

When I realized that this would mean that we would not get mailed the quarterly coupons (ones that have a longer "shelf life" in terms of application and are always different than the monthly, online, ones) I called RCCL and told them that I would prefer to recieve the mailed coupons instead of having access to apply the online coupons.

Note here that I did not mention a word about DH's account...

So now I recieve the mailed coupons and DH has access to the online coupons. If I see a coupon we can use I just have it applied using the appropriate account number for the type of coupon.

So far so good. We just applied an online coupon for a Rhapsody sailing using his number....

That sounds like the way to go. Thanks for that idea as I get coupons e-mailed and DW does not currently have any mailed or e-mailed to her.

Bob:)

Nitra,

I have been able to use the coupons in the past but this time, no way. I even wrote to RCI and was told basically that's their new marketing policy. To me, the coupon for $150 off was more than the $100 OBC I got, so I doubt I will book onboard again.(I even asked about canceling and was told it wasn't necessary. Just have my TA call. Well, agent was on a seminar at sea, and then the price went up.) My agent returned and tried to use the coupon and was told no. She would have had to cancel and rebook, and then there was only a $30 savings, so not worth it.

I will just wait until the coupon appearsb efore I book, or decide close enough to sailing if the price is right. I don't see the point on giving RCI my money for a year or more in advance and being told, sorry, need to cancel and rebook. I can book later.

I also wonder about the * for new bookings. I know there is a thread on that, but it will be interesting to see if anyone gets the new prices when they booked after last week and on. (People booking earlier have gotten the price reduction.)

I think the marketing department is shooting itself in the foot, but I guess only time will tell. Between not being able to buy liquor onboard, now not being able to bring wine onboard, and even if you buy it from RCI Gifts N Gear, if delivered to your cabin, and you take it to the dining room only to pay a corkage fee, the * on new bookings, all this makes me a Diamond member rethink booking RCI.

JMHO though.

So how does one go about getting old-fashioned mailed coupons? I get the email kind, but DW does not have an on-line RCI account or get any emails from them, so if someone might share the procedure with me, I can have DW sign up and get paper coupons that way, apparently.

The C & A platinum balcony credit was also mentioned in this thread--sorry to do a minor hijack on the thread, but if working with a TA, would I have TA call to get the credit applied to our booking--we will attain platinum status on our next cruise, and have a balcony (actually a JS) on the next cruise following when we become Platinum.

Thanks.

I had to cancil and rebook a cruise this summer just to have a $250 savings certificate applied to my booking. Royal specifically stated "new bookings only." I canceled and rebooked with one phone call. Even the agent agreed with what I did. He said he'd do the same thing if he were me. I even kept the same stateroom.

I just booked onboard on Sept 29, 2006 for an upcoming B2B on the Liberty for June 2 and June 9 2007. There was a Sept Coupon for $150.00 stateroom credit. The rep who handled my onboard booking could not find me the same cabin for both weeks and put me on a wait list. On Sept. 30 (while still on my cruise) I called the Loyal Ambassidor to find out the status on my booking and was told I had to pick a cabin (whether it be the same cabin for both weeks) or I could not apply the C&A coupon after Sept 30, 2006 since it will be expired the next day (oct. 1 2006). I did pick just any cabin and had my TA resolve the issue with getting me the same cabin for both weeks. You can change your cabin, booking date, etc. when you book onboard as long as you keep your same booking ID Number that was given to you at time of booking onboard!

I booked my cruise in May of this year and have already made my final payment - does this mean I can't use the saving certificates now if one comes available for my cruise for next year?

WHY ARE THEY PENALIZING ME FOR BOOKING EARLY!?

My hubby and I are going on the Mariner 5/07, and we booked it about 4 months ago. Well I checked the "Special Offers" section online and found that the cruise we were taking had a $125 coupon. I printed the coupon, filled out the reservation #, etc. I faxed it to the 866 number in the fine print on the coupon and within 4 days, $125 was off the total due in my online account. I did book the cruise directly with RCCL online, I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but this isn't the first cruise this has worked for either. I recommend giving a try...it worked for us!:) I think you just have to redeem it before the last day of the month... The last time I did this my cruise was already paid for, so they added to my account as an Onboard credit...used that up quickly! Good luck! Hope all works for yas!

I booked our next cruise while onboard last May. A coupon shows up on the C&A website in August. I called RCCL...they said mail it in...I did...and never heard anything...I called and they said it was not good since I have to book the cruise in August. It didn't say that on the website. So how is everyone getting credit on already booked cruise with these certificates?

Are there that many RCCL reps that don't know the rules? I feel cheated!

Here is an email I received today. I guess the new policy on coupons really sucks for me.

Dear Travel Partner:

Thank you for using our online Coupon Redemption Center!

We have received your Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises

coupon as submitted.

We were unable to apply the coupon to your reservation because of the

following reason:

Reservation was not made during the booking date stated on the Coupon.

Please review the terms and conditions listed on the coupon for further

information.

We reserve the right to inspect and examine any original coupon for

verification. We reserve the right to disallow any credit for

inappropriately duplicative submissions and those submissions which are

inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the coupon.

Thank you and best regards,

Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises

Please see additional information regarding coupon redemption at

http://www.cruisingpower.com

There you have it in writing from the horse's mouth. LOL

Tim

I just got the same story from the C&A department. We booked a 13-night Alaska cruise on Serenade after our Jewel repositioning was torpedoed a couple of months ago. At that time, there was no applicable coupon. Lo and behold, RCCL offers one in October - where there are no #%$^@ suites to even book!

I pointed this out to the C&A rep and she apologized and acknowledged that they have changed the terms of the coupons.

She was quite gracioius but the policy certainly isn't.

So how does one go about getting old-fashioned mailed coupons? I get the email kind, but DW does not have an on-line RCI account or get any emails from them, so if someone might share the procedure with me, I can have DW sign up and get paper coupons that way, apparently. Thanks.

Just have DW call and request to be signed up for the mailed coupons under her C&A number. Make sure she doesnt mention your online coupon access, just to be safe.

BTW - even though I am signed up for the snail mail coupons I still have access to the online coupons as well.

If you ever see a coupon being offered on your sailing I would highly reccomend that you fax it in and request the savings - or send an email to request that the coupon be applied. Dont call, email or fax.

(read the fine print so you know exactly what info they are looking for)

More often than not I get the feeling that the coupon people at the other end are not very thorough with double checking dates and restrictions - that they tend to just apply coupons willy nilly.

Again, that's just my impression, but it cant hurt to try!

I asked a nice young lady at C&A why the online coupons were only good for booking during the month they appeared. Her response was that the passengers wanted coupons available for more sailings and that was the only way the revenue department would allow C&A to do that.

Goes along with the new asterick on all the prices for all tha sailings.

Looks like the CEO and the President of RCCL & RCI are no longer running the show. There must have been a coup by the Revenue Department in the not too distant past.

Hmmm... That answer almost makes sense. It has always been a luck of the draw thing with existing bookings getting a coupon, price drop, ugrade, etc. I guess that is true about more coupons available, but if you are only going to book if you can find a coupon then it does make things a bit harder when considering time frame, but maybe easier with the amount of choices. Who's to say a cruise you would like to book would ever have a coupon. I have yet to book a cruise that had a coupon at the time of booking or even down the road, so this doesn't really even do much for me either way. I've also never had a price drop or an upgrade.

I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones that was never was able to use a coupon, get a price drop or an upgrade and enjoyed every minute of it. :p

Archived