what is the avg. age on princess to hawaii?

mrfviews

Good luck on trying to find definitive information on age breakdowns by ship or other statistic of interest. As way of background, however, it is possible to make some inferences. From CLIA's Market Profile Study for 2006, they report the following: Cruisers average 49 years of age, with above average incomes ($104,000 HH per year). They are typically married (83%), have college educations (57%) and are commonly employed full time (57%). Although it is possible to quibble with their methodology, one can then use the addage, "the longer the cruise, the older the people" to arrive at a ballpark figure.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in our 40s/50s and took our 2 sons 23/21 and our mums 87/83. Our sons found that there was a significant lack of people their age, which is not suprising given the length of the cruise. Our mums and us found many matches. Acting 30 is not a problem, the cruise staff will love you for your enthusiasm. Establish a home base in the corner of the explorer bar and the stewards will go out of their way to look after you.

You will not feel out of place, just have a blast, raise the roof and escape!

We do the Hawaii once or twice a year and although the long cruise equals lots of less than 80 rule is still somewhat true, things are changeing. We notice many more 40s and 50s and even young children on this cruise. I am sure you will fit in nicely among the remaining seniors but stay alert for the electric carts as they tend to break the speed rules. They act like 40 or 50.

We were on the holiday cruise and there was a mix of age groups. In April, there will be less kids as they'll be back in school after spring break most likely. But it's hard to guess age groups ahead of time. Even on cruise critic, your roll call will be a very small percentage of those aboard. I would say just to go without any expectations.

We sailed in late Feb. We're mid-40s. All of our table mates (we had traditional seating) were mid-50s and they were a blast. I worked on Hawaii cruises in the early 80s when the ships were "God's waiting room." I personally did not find that on our cruise. There were people of all ages, older and younger than us.

Have a great cruise.

mrfviews,

Since you stated late April, 2007, I assume you are going on the April 26 Island sailing. We have a large Roll Call going where you can meet some of us before we sail.

Plus, we have a picture gallery where you can take a guess at ages;) !!

Just go to the Message Boards for Roll Calls and scroll down to the Island.

Look forward to meeting y'all.:cool:

Jean & Ed

No, you won't feel out of place. Will second JEMS recommendation that you check out our roll call. I am 45 and my DH is 40. We have two friends that just booked also. The DW is 50 and her DH is 42. They love to stay up late and party so you will have plenty of company.:D

We are also all members of the "tini" club. The main purpose of the club is to try at least one of every martini in the Crooners bar. Should keep us all busy on the sea days.;)

DH and I are in our mid-40s and we guessed we were in the 25% of the youngest people on our cruise. We saw and talked with a lot of people and guessed that 75% were in their late 50s and older. We had such an amazing time talking with the "more mature" crowd and are still in touch with many of them.

we are planning a small family re-union cruise to hawaii late april,07. we are in our early 50s, but act like late 30s. will we feel out of place on the island princess ?

we did the Island Princess Hawaiian Cruise Sept. 05' and we saw def.more people in their 70' and 80' but it had no affect on our Cruise???

they had fun like everyone else, one thing, because we saw so many walkers and wheelchairs we renamed the wheelhouse Bar into

"The Wheelchair Bar" (after a couple Cocktails):)

We sailed to Hawaii this past March on the Island Princess and our impression was that although there were all ages on the ship, most of the passengers were older than us (68 & 60). I believe this was due to the length of the cruise and the time of year when children were in school. There should be enough activities for you and your group to have a great time with people your own age. Happy sailing!

We sailed this itinerary in January, and although many of the cruisers were at least our ages (65 + 69), there were plenty of 40-50's PAX too. Some younger too.

Don't let the concern that many older PAX ='s boring.There are so many activities available on all the sea days, that it can be difficult to decide what to do. And if you are in the mood to just kick back and relax by the pool or on a deck chair with a book, there are plently of places to do that.

Join the roll call for your sailing. We did that and met some great folks that we spent some time with onboard, and several of them have become shore-time friends that we stay in touch with via email.

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours. It's a great experience.

My husband I went on the Island Princess back in 2004, we were 26. Yes, there are quite a few older people on the ship, but we didn't mind because we aren't into the whole young party scene. In fact we really enjoyed talking and spending time with the older folks alot. I did see a few young families (a few with infants even) Really you get a mix on any ship.

You'll find all ages but very few children. Generally, the people who are able to take a 15-day cruise tend to be older than, say, 7-day cruise to the Caribbean and there are quite a few very elderly and those with limited mobility. I gave these people kudos for having the spirit and gumption to go on a cruise and hope I'm one of them in the future.

One thing you'll find, regardless of age, is that people taking this itinerary tend to be relaxed and make great fellow passengers.

We have always found, the longer the sailing, and the time of year have a lot to do with age groups onboard any ship.

7 Days=Lots of younger adults and kids (especially during school breaks) with a the older adults being the minority.

10 Days=Lots of younger adults and older adults and less children (except during holiday time when even the 10 day cruises have lots of kids)

14+ Days=Lots of older adults many older older adults, a few younger adults here and there and very few kids onboard.

Archived