LIVE From 10/15 Freedom of the Seas "Crown & Anchor" Cruise

LauraS

Just remembered I forgot to run directions to the port. I think I could do it without directions but not taking chances. We'll be in the car shortly and ready to see Freedom!!!!

Zippity Do Dah.... :D My, oh my, what a wonderful day!!!!

• Administrators

Laura, looked for you tonight, but must have missed you. See you tomorrow.

Oh, but I got a glimpse of some of you....lol. We ate around 8pmish at Lombardis. Actually I hadn't seen Host Miriam for I think three years and we enjoyed a quiet dinner to catch up----Jan (Emerald, better known as "the other Jan we're calling her :D ) stopped by and we walked back to the hotel. Oh, did I tell you? I recognied Emmy right away in the lobby before dinner. Also met our super Freedom Lovers group leader Jan (whit53) in the elevator -- it was easy to spot her --lots of Fredom Lovers logo stuff on her..Going to wake up son and find some food, then head to meet the bus at 9:45...

Disclaimer: turns out the last letter of the alpa doesn't work on this keyboard...nor does the exclamation point...it may not seem it but I really am excited (insert a few exclamation points here)

D

Laura, I hope you and all that have the privilege of going on this cruise have a blessed and wonderful time. We will be sailing on the Grandeur in Dec. my wife and I have talked about booking a cruise on the Freedom, so please keep us informed, I know it will help us decide. Have LOTS OF FUN!!! Ozzie63:D :D :D

Just wanted to pop in to wish everyone a wonderful cruise. We will be watching the web cam today at the sailaway. We hope to see the pink boas waving in the wind, but I'm not sure if the web cam's resolution will allow that. If not, we be secure in the knowledge that they are there.

The PBS rocks!!!

FL

DFWJenny... which hotel did you stay at before boarding FOS and what rate did you get. Thanks and enjoy the cruise.

We stayed at the Marriott downtown and used my Marriott Points. It was pretty nice and they have a shuttle to the terminal for $5 per person.

Happy Sailing!

Jen

Hello to our Cruise-Addicts from Cruise Critic Onboard the Crown and Anchor Freedom of the Seas Cruise!!

We were fortunate enough to see you all during the muster drill out on the Promenade Deck. Be sure to take great pictures and write great reviews once you come back home.

From my family to yours, relax, have fun, and enjoy your cruise onboard the Freedom Of the Seas.

Bon Voyage!!

RCCLCARIB

Patrick and I watched the muster and the ship leave the beautiful Miami port...so many memories! For each and everyone, relish every second as it goes by all too quickly. I had wanted to do room service but never got around to it.

Emmy, Rick, Carol, Bob, Rick, Diana, Chris or Kathy, please post and let us know about the Sexy Legs contest; inquiring minds want to know all the down and dirty details. GOOD luck all you brave participants!

Janice

• Administrators

The line of ALL lines....or, how we survived what I'm calling "the herding process". In a nutshell, the embarkation was held up by the customs, so our early departure on the COOL BUS (Thanks Rob) was for nothing. We waited for three hours, we were in herd no 1. lol Host Terry reports that when he arrived around noontime the line was down to the Carnival ship. We arrived at 10, and were allowed to finally board -- by 12:50PM.

All that was forgotten, however, upon getting our first glimpse of the Royal Promenade. Seriously, I'm not kidding. The space is stunning and vibrant, but the best part was being seeing my son's reaction. He's never sailed on any RCI ship and is blown away. He's walked the ship every moment he has been able to.

We had our FREEDOM LOVERS sailaway gathering in the Schooner Bar at 3pm. It was wonderful meeting so many people, and I'm hoping you'll all forgive me this week if I cannot rememver everyone's names. We had a fun raffle of gifts...first place winner were the bride & groom (sorry forgot names) of the group.

So far I'm not noticing any crowds at any one location (I know someone asked me) but I did have difficulty in getting my first choices for Chops and Portofinos -- I went to make my ressies around2pm and the pages were FULL. Granted I'm trying for a large table (we ended up splitting them), but I didn't think I'd have any problems so early in the day....especially since so many folks were still standing on line outside.

I'm in an E1 stateroom on Dec 7. This stateroom is one with a connecting door, so you don't have a full couch in the room, you have a chair instead. Love the room colors, my fave sea greens and blues :)

My hosts and I met for sailaway, and here I am writing to you all and will get ready for dinner at 8:45 shortly.

Special note: far as I can tell late seating will still be at 8:30 on this sailing.

Another note: The Grandeur of the Seas arrived in Miami very late this afternoon -- had to be around 4ish.

Signing off for now...remember I have no exclamation points to use so how about some of these :D;):rolleyes::p

Laura

ps: hi Al

Archived