Recent MIAMI cruisers- are you getting on board before 2 pm ???

we leave on the Freedom in 1 week (11/5) and I still want to board around 12 noon

UNLESS many of the recent cruisers (in the last month) say they truly have not been able to board before 2 pm.

Thanks in advance

Gina

We were on the Oct 8th sailing. Arrived to the port about noon and were onboard about 12:45pm.

We were on the Freedom October 15th sailing when the previous week's cruisers were delayed in disembarking because of problems associated with customs procedures and we were still able to board and were in the Windjammer having lunch about 1pm. Despite the abundance of signs indicating that boarding will begin at 2pm, we found that the check-in and boarding process had many people onboard much earlier than that time.:)

thanks to a great porter who saw our Diamond pins & pointed us where to go. Huge line of folks all the way back to Carinval's terminal to board at noon & we lucky not to deal with it..

Now we were pink tags ( last off the ship) and we were called at 11:30AM but over an hour in line for immigration with just 2 agents checking 4000 folks leaving Freedom 10/22.

So do not plan to be onboard before 1PM.

We were on the Navigator October 14th. Left the Intercontinental at 10:30, were at the terminal by 10:40 or so. We didn't board until about 12:40 (can't really remember, but I know we were in Windjammer around 1). They kept making announcements that the ship had NOT cleared customs and boarding (as indicated in your documents) would start at 2.

We boarded the Navigator at about 2:30 -- arrived at port about 12:45 -- long lines but we were inside, not out in the heat. Interestingly, we were all queued up waiting to get into the building in a long line.... then some security guard brought a whole nother line of people from the back of the line and created a second line at the door --thought for a while there was going to be a riot as those of us in the original line watched the later arrivers checking in before us. Oh well, the ship didn't sail without us so all was well.

<a href=2347841610098625300JfbsXB_th.jpg' alt='2

Gina, welcome aboard. Sure hope you join us for the Meet & Mingle on board the Freedom on Nov. 6. Don't forget to register at the link above using your Booking number. It seems to be hit or miss on early boarding. One of our cruise critics group did a TA tour/luncheopn on Freedom last Sunday. If you look back on the Nov. 5 Roll Call for the Freedom of the Seas, Transcruiser posted his details on Sunday, 10/22.

Please join us for Sail away at 5 PM at the Sky Bar. Many of us (not an official group either) will be wearing T-shirts that say "What happens on the Ship, Stays on the Ship". Stop by and say hello.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Gina, welcome aboard. Sure hope you join us for the Meet & Mingle on board the Freedom on Nov. 6. Don't forget to register at the link above using your Booking number. It seems to be hit or miss on early boarding. One of our cruise critics group did a TA tour/luncheopn on Freedom last Sunday. If you look back on the Nov. 5 Roll Call for the Freedom of the Seas, Transcruiser posted his details on Sunday, 10/22.

Please join us for Sail away at 5 PM at the Sky Bar. Many of us (not an official group either) will be wearing T-shirts that say "What happens on the Ship, Stays on the Ship". Stop by and say hello.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Gina, we just got off the Freedom today. Last week we arrived in Miami at 11:00, we parked and got onboard and were eating lunch by 12:00.

Getting off today was just as much as a breeze. We were in the 4th bunch of colors called (lavendar) at 8:00 & was on our way before 9:00. Picking up our luggage the new way was so much better than hunting for it in that big room with everyone's luggage laid out on the floor.

Bon Voyage - you are in for a special treat.

Shirley

Gina, someone who disembarked today 10/29 from the Oct. 22 sailing just commented on their Roll Call how easy and early their disembarktion when today as well as their embarkation last Sunday. That is good news for all of us. We can only hope it stays this way!

Nanatravel

Should have said the carasol (geesh, the spelling) - like in the airports.

We actually were walking off with people carrying their luggage off. So, it was better for us to have our heavy luggage put out the night before. And we left at the same time as they did. I suppose because they might have had a late breakfast, or slept in. Anyway, they started calling colors at 7:00.

Thanks for the info everyone - I will arrive as planned around 11 am and take my chances. Sounds like there is a good enough chance we will get on earlier than 2 pm.

Liz & Nanatravel - I will definitely try to meet uo with you on board. I wrote down the details of where you will be. I am traveling with a group of 26 people, so sometimes it is not so easy to escape- LOL.

I am guessing there will be a LARGE amount of NJ people on board - since it is teachers convention week here in NJ and the kids are pretty much of of school.

I went ahead and registered for the meet and mingle- it said 122 people have signed up- WOW!!!

Only 6 more days to go.....

Gina

Archived