?PRINCESS CAY Beach Bungalows?

regnig

Can anyone tell me what a “Beach Bungalow” at Princess Cays is? :confused: The shore excursions for our cruise have opened up and I was out browsing around and ran across this listing. When clicking to check out details it reads “Details not available at the time”. Truth be known, we really aren’t interested, but my curiosity as to what they are has been peaked. The cost is $199 :eek: so someone must think they are very special. Unless they come with unlimited free booze, a special delivered lunch menu, unlimited use of all the water equipment and etc. I just can’t fathom why one would spend $199.

Additionally can a past CB cruiser confirm that Spa appointments can not be booked in advance for this ship? :(

I haven't heard of the Beach Bungalows on Princess Cays before. I went to the generic things available for Princess Cays on their website and still can't find any reference to these?

I wonder if they aren't going to put up some of those cabana type building like HAL has? The ones that come with a stocked frig and things like that? Will have to keep my eyes open on info for this one just out of curiousity sake. We too wouldn't be interested in something like this, but it is fun to just look into it.

I was final able to pull up my booking on Princess, wouldn't access it earlier. I see they have the same for our upcoming cruise in December. No info on them, but they do have them available for booking. This is very interesting, can't wait to hear what they have done on Princess Cays now.

I'll be curious to see what these are also. We cruise in December and I hadn't seen them before either. I know when the excursions first opened these weren't listed and I just hadn't gone back to the Princess Cays area to look since we never book anything there. Wonder if they are similar to what HAL has at their private island. Don't know what they go for, but $199 seems pretty expensive unless a lot comes with them. Hopefully someone can report on these and where they are exactly. It's been quite a while since we have been to PC and I'm really looking forward to "Hopefully" stopping there. Last time too windy so a day at sea instead.

Hope someone can report on these.

Hulagirl

Hello! I just called Princess with the same question, and they are so new that the representative hadn't heard about them yet either!:) However, he found out that they are indeed a small air-conditioned bungalow, that includes a bathroom, a stocked refrigerator, and a TV...

Hope that helps you!:cool: Loralie

Thanks for making the call. Guess there must be some that like to go to the beach and sit in front of a TV, although I can't even imagine. Wait, maybe if there is some sporting event on that they can't miss? Who knows?

If you think of it though, some that can't take the heat or have mobility problems, this might be right up their alley. Expensive, but right up their alley.

Next question will be "how many people can I fit into one of these bungalows and is it one price no matter how many join us?" LOL

?????????Beach Bungalow?????????? I couldn't find anything on these. I did find under excursions for Princess Cays this:

Beach Cabana (Up To 2 People)

Enjoy some shade while relaxing on the beach. Special Notes - A cabana includes two lounge chairs. Please book per cabana. Cost was shown as "Adult - $24."

It still doesn't explain what it entails. It just sounds like some shade with lounge chairs.

Thanks to Drybridge170 for making the call. My searching on the Princess site just was getting the right info.

--Denise

?????????Beach Bungalow?????????? I couldn't find anything on these. I did find under excursions for Princess Cays this:

Beach Cabana (Up To 2 People)--Denise

Thats something totally differnt-- my beach house is located on the last past - last item. check again.

it doesnt give any details only that there are six available

Okay...apparently there are two "head" people that handle shore excursions for Princess Cays, and they have all the information (and are holding it hostage):) One of them is out to lunch, and the other one is on the phone for "a bit" so I am to call back in an hour and speak with either one of them for a full description. Very nice customer reps on the phone, also very surprised...none of them even knew about the beach bungalows.... :eek: and they wanted to know where I saw them!

So I promise to post when I have more info.

Hello! I just called Princess with the same question, and they are so new that the representative hadn't heard about them yet either!:) However, he found out that they are indeed a small air-conditioned bungalow, that includes a bathroom, a stocked refrigerator, and a TV...

Hope that helps you!:cool: Loralie

Good grief - and one gets to ride the tender for that! :eek: Why not just stay on board listening to the silence of an empty ship and get all the above for "free"?

And thanks Loralie for making the phone call. I'll be most interested in what the two experts have to say. Barb

Good grief - and one gets to ride the tender for that! :eek: Why not just stay on board listening to the silence of an empty ship and get all the above for "free"?

I was thinking the exact same thing....

We were there last week and saw them (I think), and wondered what they were - there are six little white "houses" that appear to be about 10 feet X 12 feet. They are NOT beachfront, but toward the back of the property, just on the other side of the walkway that is behind all the lounge chairs. We didn't see them being used, and wondered if they were for rent.

So the answer is....they still don't have the answers!! I called back as directed, and again got a very pleasant rep--he even wrote down my exact questions & called the Ft Lauderdale office to ask them...

Please note that he was unsure of most of this, and said that I should keep looking on the website for more info.

I asked how many people to a bungalow, and he said as many as you want, but they could comfortably fit 4. No surcharge for more though.

He confirmed that they are air-conditioned.

I asked what the fridge was stocked with, and he said they could not confirm a fridge, but that doesn't mean there isn't one..... (ok so that $199 looks realllllly expensive now!)

Next I asked about snacks, ie cheese & crackers? nachos? anything already waiting for you? and he said no, but there is the BBQ and you can get whatever you want and take it back to the bungalow....

Beach towels? Those are provided to everyone when they leave the ship and you are welcome to also get them on Princess Cays (apparently they are not waiting in your Bungalow either)

I then asked about the bathroom, and yes, there is a toilet facility in the bungalow...he thought that there was an outdoor "rinsing" area also....

The TV was not confirmed...but neither was is denied....:confused:

There are lounge chairs (2) and you can get more by request...

And my last question is that you still need to rent the water/snorkeling/float equipment.....it is not included in the price AT THIS TIME....

He reeaalllllyyy tried to get me some more definitive answers, but they are just as full of questions as we are at the moment.

Oh, but to rent one, you just enter in 1 adult, no matter how many people are using it....$199 it is.

I'm thinking that I can buy alot of booze or banana boat rides for $199!

:cool: :D :cool:

Thanks for checking and checking again on this. I have to say they are going to have to come up with a lot more than a 10 X 12 room with AC to book many of these I would guess. Without added perks, I honestly doubt that many will even consider it.

It is going to be fun to hear reports back from the first passengers that actually pay this price to rent one.

Again, thanks for passing on the info you were given. ;)

It is going to be fun to hear reports back from the first passengers that actually pay this price to rent one.

DH and I usually only spend an hour or two at Princess Cays, so I know that we will never rent one of the "bungalows", nor are we interested in the cabanas.

We've never eaten at the BBQ buffet in three visits to PC but have enjoyed some fresh fruit. We don't do "fru-fru" drinks and are disappointed that wine isn't available. We rent a water bike or peddle boat for 1/2 an hour, play around in the (cold) water :D , lounge until we turn pink :p , then head back to the ship.

I will do some research and report next week.

Chris

Chris, you are visiting the wrong time of year I think. Last couple of visits to PC the water has been like bathwater! :) We too normally only spend a couple of hours on the beach when the water is cold, but our last two visits they have had to drag us kicking and sceaming out of the water when it was time to leave. lol

It wouldn't pay us to rent a cabana either, why pay that price to look at it from the water?

So the answer is....they still don't have the answers!! I called back as directed, and again got a very pleasant rep--he even wrote down my exact questions & called the Ft Lauderdale office to ask them...

Please note that he was unsure of most of this, and said that I should keep looking on the website for more info.

I asked how many people to a bungalow, and he said as many as you want, but they could comfortably fit 4. No surcharge for more though.

He confirmed that they are air-conditioned.

I asked what the fridge was stocked with, and he said they could not confirm a fridge, but that doesn't mean there isn't one..... (ok so that $199 looks realllllly expensive now!)

Next I asked about snacks, ie cheese & crackers? nachos? anything already waiting for you? and he said no, but there is the BBQ and you can get whatever you want and take it back to the bungalow....

Beach towels? Those are provided to everyone when they leave the ship and you are welcome to also get them on Princess Cays (apparently they are not waiting in your Bungalow either)

I then asked about the bathroom, and yes, there is a toilet facility in the bungalow...he thought that there was an outdoor "rinsing" area also....

The TV was not confirmed...but neither was is denied....:confused:

There are lounge chairs (2) and you can get more by request...

And my last question is that you still need to rent the water/snorkeling/float equipment.....it is not included in the price AT THIS TIME....

He reeaalllllyyy tried to get me some more definitive answers, but they are just as full of questions as we are at the moment.

Oh, but to rent one, you just enter in 1 adult, no matter how many people are using it....$199 it is.

I'm thinking that I can buy alot of booze or banana boat rides for $199!

:cool: :D :cool:

Loralie - since I asked the original question many thanks for your time and patience. I'm afraid had it been me on the phone with the CS rep I probably would have ended up laughing out loud :D at the lack of information. Me thinks I'll invest my $199 elsewhere though regardless of what the refrig might be stocked with. It will be interesting as time passes to hear from anyone who might actually book one of these. Barb

Maybe not for all of us, but maybe if you're traveling with 2 or 3 children (and perhaps a nanny), or your parents and/or grandparents. Getting off the ship early, the thought of a secure beach, a place to put the kids to cool off and grandma can be out of the sun but still with us. $199.00, sounds like a winning idea to me.

Maybe not for all of us, but maybe if you're traveling with 2 or 3 children (and perhaps a nanny), or your parents and/or grandparents. Getting off the ship early, the thought of a secure beach, a place to put the kids to cool off and grandma can be out of the sun but still with us. $199.00, sounds like a winning idea to me.

Im sure that amount is for a limited amount of people-- probably add 50 each for all other people.

Archived