NASCAR Cup race on Paradise

caligirl_41

We now live in NE but lived one mile from the Homestead track and are season ticket holders. We got to go watch the racers practice on year for the race and no one was around, it was a month or so before the actual race. Anyway, we walked under the track and were standing and talking to the drivers and got autographs! It was awesome! My daughter was 5 at the time and loves (still does) Jeff Gordon, well he was standing there and she walked up to him and said hello and he walked into his trailer and got a pic of himself and PERSONALLY signed it to her!!!!! Also Kenny Wallace took a pic with his arms around my kids. We met many more too...it sure was great living that close to the track. Now we must fly in but hey, the race goes on and we still get to go!!!!

:D

Oh I wish I was with you then. The closest I ever got to a driver was this past summer at Pocono and it was at the Raceday show in the infield, with Kenny Wallace & Jimmy Spencer. I got some good pics of Kenny acting silly before the show. What a card.

Oh I wish I was with you then. The closest I ever got to a driver was this past summer at Pocono and it was at the Raceday show in the infield, with Kenny Wallace & Jimmy Spencer. I got some good pics of Kenny acting silly before the show. What a card.

LOL I asked Kenny for a kiss but he wasn't game :mad: I'm WAY better looking than his wife..lol..He called my son Bo-bo for some reason and whenever we saw him again after that he would say "Hi Bo-bo"..Michael Wallace was there, Kyle Busch heesh so many...was awesome being so close to the drivers...I am getting Nascar fever just talking about this! :eek:

man, i didn't know there were so many nascar fans here:p Went to talladega and had a blast!!We booked our cruise for next october 7th and come to find out that is the day of the talladega race:eek: doubt i will be watching, cause we will be enjoying the Triumph":D :D :D

LOL Where are we??..lol...I love all the NASCAR talkin here. I'm really looking forward to Homestead, should be a good race especially since this year it is not known yet who will win the championship. And thankfully it will NOT be Stewart...grr...sorry if you like him, I personally cannot stand him. ;) I have always been a Newman fan but he hasn't done much so I think my daughter is turning me into a Gordon fan and no, it is not cuz I think he is cute..lol..none of them really are cute. Johnson is okay but that unibrow/catepillar brow has to go..lol..

LOL Where are we??..lol...I love all the NASCAR talkin here. I'm really looking forward to Homestead, should be a good race especially since this year it is not known yet who will win the championship. And thankfully it will NOT be Stewart...grr...sorry if you like him, I personally cannot stand him. ;) I have always been a Newman fan but he hasn't done much so I think my daughter is turning me into a Gordon fan and no, it is not cuz I think he is cute..lol..none of them really are cute. Johnson is okay but that unibrow/catepillar brow has to go..lol..

Not a Gordon fan.

Where are you sitting for the race?? We are on row 13 I believe, right at the start/finish line. Last minute had to find a hotel (long story) and are staying way up on South Beach. I cannot wait to be warm either!! That is so cool you guys do your own racing thing, I bet that is exciting!!!! I cannot wait to sit trackside and put my ear plugs in and scream..lol..Lucky you get a cruise too??!! I am SO jealous..lol..we have to come back Monday after the race but at least we get to go! :D

We are in the first turn, but towards the top - should be able to see everything great! We are also staying in South Beach by choice. We debark the cruise ship on Friday morning and have two full days before the race. Thought it would be a fun place to stay. We considered staying closer to Homestead, but we aren't going to go to all the other race hoopla down there, and my folks wanted to see more of Miami proper, so this will work fine.

We come back Monday as well. :( Back to the real world! At least it's a short work week, right? Safe travels to you!

:D :D :D like i told my friends who are very big 24 fans, 2x4=#8...:p LOL

I'm Lovin' you. :D

Ok, I have to tape the race and watch it Monday, so SHHHHHHHHHH. I will have to keep the radio off at work. I get home from work @ 1:30 so I'll watch it then, shhhhh.

Thanks.

We are in the first turn, but towards the top - should be able to see everything great! We are also staying in South Beach by choice. We debark the cruise ship on Friday morning and have two full days before the race. Thought it would be a fun place to stay. We considered staying closer to Homestead, but we aren't going to go to all the other race hoopla down there, and my folks wanted to see more of Miami proper, so this will work fine.

We come back Monday as well. :( Back to the real world! At least it's a short work week, right? Safe travels to you!

Have you been to the Homestead track before? Leave early to get to the race on time, you will hit a lot of traffic coming from Miami and hit toll roads as well. I worked in Miami when we lived in Homestead. We are staying at the Roayl Palm Resort...never heard of it before or stayed there so I hope it turns out to be okay!!!!! Have fun!! :)

Have you been to the Homestead track before? Leave early to get to the race on time, you will hit a lot of traffic coming from Miami and hit toll roads as well. I worked in Miami when we lived in Homestead. We are staying at the Roayl Palm Resort...never heard of it before or stayed there so I hope it turns out to be okay!!!!! Have fun!! :)

Never been to the track before, we aren't too afraid of getting lost - just follow the other 100,000 people in front of us, and if you hit water you have gone too far! LOL I think we are going to leave the hotel at 9 am. If you think we should leave sooner or later, let us know~your knowledge of the area is appreciated!

And we root for all the boys of the blue oval (except ~ sadly ~ Dale Jarrett, traitor! No riceracers in this family of bluebloods!)

spinning_ford_logo.gif

Never been to the track before, we aren't too afraid of getting lost - just follow the other 100,000 people in front of us, and if you hit water you have gone too far! LOL I think we are going to leave the hotel at 9 am. If you think we should leave sooner or later, let us know~your knowledge of the area is appreciated!

And we root for all the boys of the blue oval (except ~ sadly ~ Dale Jarrett, traitor! No riceracers in this family of bluebloods!)

spinning_ford_logo.gif

You won't get lost, it's not hard to find and there are many signs along the way! :) You will see an exit and there will be more after that so if you miss that one or choose not to take that one it is okay....we lived off of Palm Drive, that is the last exit, and takes you right to the track. Man I wish we lived there..lol..last time we went out the north exit of our complex, crossed the street, parked, tail gated, watched the race, got back into the truck, crossed the street and were home. It was nice watching all the people in line leaving the race from our house..lol..now I am one of them.

My husband LOVES Dodge but I go by drivers so I can't say I stay within a specific Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet category. I do have a "Dodge Diva" t shirt though..lol..when I was a total Dodge fan but I am giving up on Newman I think...

Have fun, I am getting more excited by the minute and two weeks from now I will be on my 3 hour non stop flight from KC to FTL!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spinning_ford_logo.gif

I've never lived in the area, but I've been to the race the past two years. 9:00 is plenty early! It is one of the easiest tracks to get in and out of. It's my favorite track to go to!

We're huge Johnson and Gordon fans in this house! My 6 yr old is a tony stewart fan...but I love her anyway ;). Only 2 more weeks, I can't wait!

We're huge Johnson and Gordon fans in this house! My 6 yr old is a tony stewart fan...but I love her anyway ;). Only 2 more weeks, I can't wait!

Woo hoo!!! I can't wait either....where you staying???? You need to teach your daughter what is right and wrong..lo...jk...I think I want to wear a Gordon shirt for this race but I don't have one...YET!!!! :eek:

Woo hoo!!! I can't wait either....where you staying???? You need to teach your daughter what is right and wrong..lo...jk...I think I want to wear a Gordon shirt for this race but I don't have one...YET!!!! :eek:

Tivo it.

There is nothing like seeing the race live. All that yelling and cheering for different racers. oh sooo much excitement. I just can't tape it then watch it later. Takes all the excitement out of it. Besides it's the final race and I'm sure someone will break the news to me before I have a chance to watch it.

I've never lived in the area, but I've been to the race the past two years. 9:00 is plenty early! It is one of the easiest tracks to get in and out of. It's my favorite track to go to!

Glad to get this info - we are staying in South Beach, so we figured to give more time than less. We can always find things to do once we get there, to waste time with - vendor trailers, etc. We are so looking forward to the race!!!! :D

LOL!!! What is worse, when we go to a race, we always have to bring her a Tony Stewart gift back! :eek:

We are staying over by the airport.

You have to get a Gordon shirt! My husband and I will be in our Gordon shirts with Johnson hats! Only 13 more days!

Glad to get this info - we are staying in South Beach, so we figured to give more time than less. We can always find things to do once we get there, to waste time with - vendor trailers, etc. We are so looking forward to the race!!!! :D

I love to get there several hours early, just to check out the trailers and people watch! We put up the canopy, raise the flags, and sit back and relax!

Archived