NASCAR Cup race on Paradise

caligirl_41

LOL!!! What is worse, when we go to a race, we always have to bring her a Tony Stewart gift back! :eek:

We are staying over by the airport.

You have to get a Gordon shirt! My husband and I will be in our Gordon shirts with Johnson hats! Only 13 more days!

LOL I am going shopping this weekend for my Gordon shirt, wish me luck!!! I will be near row 13 on the start/finish line!!! :D Not sure what hubby will wear, if I can find him a Kahne shirt he will wear that. He was a huge Rusty Wallace fan but now Busch is a disgrace to the #2 so I will not let him wear anything with the #2 on it..lol..

sorry you have to be seen buying #20 things..lol..but for your daughter it is a good cause ;)

I love to get there several hours early, just to check out the trailers and people watch! We put up the canopy, raise the flags, and sit back and relax!

When we lived across the street we did this too..we would bring the grill and cook out before and after the race but now that we fly in, well thats inpossible..lol...what flags you flying???

LOL I am going shopping this weekend for my Gordon shirt, wish me luck!!! I will be near row 13 on the start/finish line!!! :D Not sure what hubby will wear, if I can find him a Kahne shirt he will wear that. He was a huge Rusty Wallace fan but now Busch is a disgrace to the #2 so I will not let him wear anything with the #2 on it..lol..

sorry you have to be seen buying #20 things..lol..but for your daughter it is a good cause ;)

lol, yes, it's a good cause and I'm sure as she gets older, she'll become wiser ;) ! At the Pepsi 400, we bought her a huge wall poster, now I have to look at him everytime I go in her room. Fortunately, he's not bad to look at :D , even if I can't stand him!

I totally agree about Busch and the #2 car! We're close to the s/f line too! Row 19, section 234.

We'll be flying our #24 and #48 flags. The #48 will be on top since he is ahead in the standings, lol.

Only 9 more days!!!

lol, yes, it's a good cause and I'm sure as she gets older, she'll become wiser ;) ! At the Pepsi 400, we bought her a huge wall poster, now I have to look at him everytime I go in her room. Fortunately, he's not bad to look at :D , even if I can't stand him!

I totally agree about Busch and the #2 car! We're close to the s/f line too! Row 19, section 234.

We'll be flying our #24 and #48 flags. The #48 will be on top since he is ahead in the standings, lol.

Only 9 more days!!!

LOL @ having to look at Stewart....cute! When we took my daughter to the race with us two years ago we made her a HUGE poster size sign that said "JEFF GORDON WILL YOU MARRY ME?" thought for sure she would make it one TV but she didn't but people got a kick out of it, she was only 5. It was fun!

Busch.. pffft :mad: yucky poo poo..lol

Good choice of flags...I like Johnson as well, he isn't bad looking except for his brows..lol...

We are sitting (got my tickets out) Sec 232 Row 13, I'll be the redhead yelling at Stewart and Jr when they cheat and run others off the road..lol

LOL @ having to look at Stewart....cute! When we took my daughter to the race with us two years ago we made her a HUGE poster size sign that said "JEFF GORDON WILL YOU MARRY ME?" thought for sure she would make it one TV but she didn't but people got a kick out of it, she was only 5. It was fun!

Busch.. pffft :mad: yucky poo poo..lol

Good choice of flags...I like Johnson as well, he isn't bad looking except for his brows..lol...

We are sitting (got my tickets out) Sec 232 Row 13, I'll be the redhead yelling at Stewart and Jr when they cheat and run others off the road..lol

Oh how cute! I'm really surprised that didnt' make it on tv!

LOL about his brows. He is really cute, but he could use a pluck, or even better, a wax!

You're really close to us then. I'll be the short one on the aisle, next to the really tall guy. I always make him sit on the inside as I can't stand being wedged between 2 people...and I like to stand in the aisle to see better, lol!

Did you see Gordon got the pole yesterday! It was so exciting. Hopefully tomorrow's race goes well. And Jimmie has a great lead going into Homestead.

Teresa

OK, have to join in on this one. After so many races to have the chase this close is amazing. Have yet to be at a nascar race live but was at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in the mid 80's. Very exciting. Maybe someday soon I will get to a 'real race".

When I sold autos for nissan a few years back a few of us got to go to Daytona to test out the new 300Z. We were allowed to run full out over the road course not the high banks but man was that outstanding.

Anyway I will be watching the Sunday race, but we booked to sail on Volendam Monday the 13th, so will not see the final Homestead race live. Unless I can talk the bartender on board to try and get it. Was thinking about trackpass, but that would be a very expensive way of watching.

Oh, BTW, the flag I fly is the number 29. Starting second. Everyone enjoy the race.

OK, have to join in on this one. After so many races to have the chase this close is amazing. Have yet to be at a nascar race live but was at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in the mid 80's. Very exciting. Maybe someday soon I will get to a 'real race".

When I sold autos for nissan a few years back a few of us got to go to Daytona to test out the new 300Z. We were allowed to run full out over the road course not the high banks but man was that outstanding.

Anyway I will be watching the Sunday race, but we booked to sail on Volendam Monday the 13th, so will not see the final Homestead race live. Unless I can talk the bartender on board to try and get it. Was thinking about trackpass, but that would be a very expensive way of watching.

Oh, BTW, the flag I fly is the number 29. Starting second. Everyone enjoy the race.

This years Chase is amazing! I hope the bartender can get the race for you. We have trackpass and love it, especially listening to the in car radio. I'm not a Harvick fan, but will admit he's done a fantastic job this year!

quote]

Ok...I just looked at your profile to see where you live, I figured it was far from a NASCAR track since you'd never been. Boy was I wrong! How can you live in East Central Florida and have NOT been to either the Daytona 500 or Pepsi 400?!?! :eek: :D

I live over in Tampa, but used to live in E Central Florida, in Oviedo.

Enjoy your cruise!

Oh how cute! I'm really surprised that didnt' make it on tv!

LOL about his brows. He is really cute, but he could use a pluck, or even better, a wax!

You're really close to us then. I'll be the short one on the aisle, next to the really tall guy. I always make him sit on the inside as I can't stand being wedged between 2 people...and I like to stand in the aisle to see better, lol!

Did you see Gordon got the pole yesterday! It was so exciting. Hopefully tomorrow's race goes well. And Jimmie has a great lead going into Homestead.

Teresa

Jimmie is the best looking guy, but none of them really float my boat..lol..but hey driving a race car at top speed is a major turn on..lol..*giggles*

I'm sure you will see me, red hair yelling..lol..and I will look for the short/tall couple combo!

NO I didn't see Gordon won the pole! Yay!!! I hope Jimmie wins the championship, he is the only one closest to win that I could stand to win it....

One week til we go...I cannot wait!!!:D

Someday come on down to the race in Homestead with us, it is great!!! That would be FUN to drive on the course in Daytona, what fun!! You are a lucky guy!!!! Homestead has this thing where you can drive your own car on the track but of course I live in NE and it is too far..lol.....have a great cruise!!!

quote]

Ok...I just looked at your profile to see where you live, I figured it was far from a NASCAR track since you'd never been. Boy was I wrong! How can you live in East Central Florida and have NOT been to either the Daytona 500 or Pepsi 400?!?! :eek: :D

I live over in Tampa, but used to live in E Central Florida, in Oviedo.

Enjoy your cruise!

You LUCKY LUCKY people who live in FL....how I wish I still did!!!!! Now I must fly 3 hours..lol..but still I get to go once a year and see the race...awww isn't life good??!! See you all soon!

Well...the top 5 are the only ones who are close enough in points to have a chance. It all boils down to next week. So glad I don't have a cruise that leaves next Sunday. Can you imagine having to wait a week to find out who the Nextel Champion is??

:eek:

Well...the top 5 are the only ones who are close enough in points to have a chance. It all boils down to next week. So glad I don't have a cruise that leaves next Sunday. Can you imagine having to wait a week to find out who the Nextel Champion is??

:eek:

Nooo...glad I won't miss the race!! I will be in the stands :p with my daughter, my hubby doesn't want to go:eek: can you believe that??!! He would rather stay home here in the midwest than fly to Miami and go to a NASCAR race??!!! So I am taking my 7 yr old daughter and off we are flying to FT Laud and to the race we are going....I am NOT missing the race I told him, I said I am going without you! :D

Jimmie is the best looking guy, but none of them really float my boat..lol..but hey driving a race car at top speed is a major turn on..lol..*giggles*

I'm sure you will see me, red hair yelling..lol..and I will look for the short/tall couple combo!

NO I didn't see Gordon won the pole! Yay!!! I hope Jimmie wins the championship, he is the only one closest to win that I could stand to win it....

One week til we go...I cannot wait!!!:D

LOL at the giggles!!!

What a great race it was this Sunday! I'm crossing my fingers nothing goes wrong on Sunday for Jimmie!

I saw on your other post that you won't be going with your hubby? He doesn't want to go?!?! I find that shocking that anyone who watches NASCAR wouldn't want to go to Homestead, lol!

How on earth did you end up in NE from FL?! I say this because I'm originally from IL and all I can think right now about the midwest is brrrrrrrrr :D !

Go Jimmie!!!!!

I just hope the Chase is won by racing and not some "freak" accident that knocks out a top contender. Things happen, tires go down, engines blow...but when someone gets knocked out because some blockhead took them out due to lack of experience (or stupidity)...I hate it!

Perhaps if you mention to the Purser's Desk that you really want to see the race...they can direct you to the best place for that to happen. Sadly, it very well may be in your room. But at least you will get to see it.

Veryhotred: Have a great time at the race. Hubby and youngest son flew to the Daytona 500 a couple of years ago and they had a wonderful time. It was just a father/son thing...Mom bowed out gracefully.

LOL at the giggles!!!

What a great race it was this Sunday! I'm crossing my fingers nothing goes wrong on Sunday for Jimmie!

I saw on your other post that you won't be going with your hubby? He doesn't want to go?!?! I find that shocking that anyone who watches NASCAR wouldn't want to go to Homestead, lol!

How on earth did you end up in NE from FL?! I say this because I'm originally from IL and all I can think right now about the midwest is brrrrrrrrr :D !

Go Jimmie!!!!!

I was SO yelling for Jimmie last Sunday!!!!! It would be GREAT to see him win this Sunday, especially with all the hunting I did to find a shirt with his name and # on it!! My gosh you would think no one in the state of NE knows that in the hell NASCAR IS!! All they know is the Huskers (pukes)....I have been to two malls and no Nascar, finally a big sporting store had a few things and I got my Johson tank top, marked down too..lol..found one like it of Gordon's for my daughter! So look for the bobbsy twins!!!

You heard me right, hubby doesn't want to go and I begged him to go, I so wanted him to go too. We bought our airline tickets last FEBRUARY! And he said no so I said I was going anyway and then my 7 yr old said she wanted to go (she has gone before) so she is going! :)

How did we end up here? I ask myself that too..lol..We lived here for five years and then moved to Homestead. Six months into living in Homestead hubby lost his job and we had to move back here where he started working for his previous employer. It must have been meant to be because he is now a supervisor and makes $$$ more than he did in FL. Not my ideal place to live (NE) but it's quiet, safe, and a good place to raise kids.

Sooooo....4 days to go.....and I got my shirt, airplane tickets, hotel reservations, and kid..lol..what else do I need???

Anyone else EXCITED??!:eek:

I just hope the Chase is won by racing and not some "freak" accident that knocks out a top contender. Things happen, tires go down, engines blow...but when someone gets knocked out because some blockhead took them out due to lack of experience (or stupidity)...I hate it! Watch out for Stewart then...he is GREAT at knocking people out for no reason..that man gets under my skin!!! grrrr...lol...

Perhaps if you mention to the Purser's Desk that you really want to see the race...they can direct you to the best place for that to happen. Sadly, it very well may be in your room. But at least you will get to see it.

Veryhotred: Have a great time at the race. Hubby and youngest son flew to the Daytona 500 a couple of years ago and they had a wonderful time. It was just a father/son thing...Mom bowed out gracefully.

Yea I told a friend that I was taking my daughter and she said, just the two of you, to a NASCAR race?? I said yes. She laughed..she that was interesting, but in a good way, that not many moms go to a NASCAR race alone with their daughter. I have always loved sports and my daughter does too. Now I wouldn't bow out gracefully though..lol..I was/am going no matter what!!!! But I guess so year down the line if hubby says he wanted to take my son then yes, I would let hubby take him. :)

I just hope the Chase is won by racing and not some "freak" accident that knocks out a top contender. Things happen, tires go down, engines blow...but when someone gets knocked out because some blockhead took them out due to lack of experience (or stupidity)...I hate it!

I agree! If Jimmie loses because his motor blows, or like last year when his tire blew, it will really stink.

Archived