NASCAR Cup race on Paradise

caligirl_41

I'll wave to ya from the stands....:p

have a great cruise!

Hubby is headed to Texas Motor Speedway for this weekend's race with a suite and "Hot Passes". Last year, he did the same thing. He got his picture made with Richard Petty and Martin Truex. Walked about the garage (as long as he stayed out of the way) and stood on the Winner's Circle. I have never seen so many grown men calling their families saying "guess where I am now". "guess who I just talked to". He is thrilled to get to do it again this year. And to top it all off, he is "working" because he is taking clients to this event.

Glenn Jarrett did a wonderful job showing them around the garage and introducing them to everyone. And all of wives just laughed every time our cell phones rang with these guys acting like "children at Christmas'!!!

Now that's a job!!!

I will be on the Paradise on the Sunday of the final NASCAR race. Is there someplace on the ship that will televise the race???? NBC is hosting the final race. I reallly don't want to misss the final race of the year.

Maybe if you get enough NASCAR fans that outnumber the NFL fans in the sportsbar, you might be able to convince the bartender to change the channel for you.

I wouldn't hold your breath for that though.

Otherwise, your cabin TV will definitely have the Denver NBC feed all afternoon.:D

Bill

I will be on the Paradise on the Sunday of the final NASCAR race. Is there someplace on the ship that will televise the race???? NBC is hosting the final race. I reallly don't want to misss the final race of the year.

Count me as another that will be waving from the stands! I really hope you get to see the race, it's going to be great!

I just got off of the Carnival Fantasy, and we got all of the race in our cabin. Most ships carry NBC every day, but I bet you can email them and they will respond. we cruised in May, and I was hooked on American Idol and was going to miss the finally, I emailed them to ask if they the ship carried FOX and they promptly emailed me an answer back(which was NO). Anyway, I think your chances of seeing the race are good. GO JR!

wow. I thank you all for responding. I will email Carnival today. I will also be sure to make friends with the bartender in the Sports bar. TIP TIP TIP.

and I am jealous of all those that will be at the final race. me waving back.

It just worked out for us to cruise out of Miami and hang around a few days and go to the race. We have always wanted to go to last race of the year, and to get a cruise with it - well that's just about heaven! We spend all year long at drag strips - it will be fun to watch another kind of racing.

So, you will be having fun cruisin' and we will have fun racin' on Sunday the 19th! :D Lucky us!

Hello

I was just on the Paradise and there is NBC in your stateroom but im sure the bar Tv's might be showing football but im sure u could ask one of them to change the Channel there where 3 tv's in one bar at the Buffett and 1 tv was showing the world Series and the other 2 tv's were showing Carnival stuff so im sure one of those tv's could be change.....

Rey:cool:

Caligirl-big Nascar fan here also. We will be on the Fantasy when the race is on Nov 12th and I hope we can watch it somewhere. We were able to watch the race when we were on the Holiday in March.

Just bought a package deal to the Daytona 500-I am so excited. Now I think I will get busy and plan a short cruise for after the Daytona 500 race-might as well since we will be so close to so many ports.

Caligirl-big Nascar fan here also. We will be on the Fantasy when the race is on Nov 12th and I hope we can watch it somewhere. We were able to watch the race when we were on the Holiday in March.

Just bought a package deal to the Daytona 500-I am so excited. Now I think I will get busy and plan a short cruise for after the Daytona 500 race-might as well since we will be so close to so many ports.

Great idea! Port Canaveral is just down the coast! :D

All this talk about Nascar races made me wonder about next year.

Aren't all the races next year going to be on Fox??? I was thinking I heard that somewhere??? Does Carnival offer Fox as one of their channels??

Dude I sure you get to see it, Go Jr. This is why I cruise in Jan. so I don't have to worry @ missing a race. Well that's not the only reason but it's a good one. You know if someone's a Nascar fan when they name their dog; are you ready for this, Boogity, boogity, boogity. Well just Boogity, boo for short. Now here's the hard part for you to believe, It was my wifes idea not mine. God I love her.

LHP

From what I can remember, next year, the 1st half of the races will be on Fox then 6 races on TNT(July4, 1st one) and the last end of the year they will be on ESPN / ABC. All truck races are still on Speed and most of the Bush race, I believe are are TNT (I'm not sure about Bush as much)

What a great idea cruising and then a race!I might try a race and then a cruise. I'm going to start planing now!:D

My DH is such a huge race fan that when we cruised a few years back he borrowed a battery operated TV from a friend so he could watch the Daytona 500 while in line for embarktion.:eek: He didn't want to miss a thing. It was a good thing he brought it because the race was not available on the ship.

Yep, us too! We'll wave real big!!! :D ;) :p

We now live in NE but lived one mile from the Homestead track and are season ticket holders. We got to go watch the racers practice on year for the race and no one was around, it was a month or so before the actual race. Anyway, we walked under the track and were standing and talking to the drivers and got autographs! It was awesome! My daughter was 5 at the time and loves (still does) Jeff Gordon, well he was standing there and she walked up to him and said hello and he walked into his trailer and got a pic of himself and PERSONALLY signed it to her!!!!! Also Kenny Wallace took a pic with his arms around my kids. We met many more too...it sure was great living that close to the track. Now we must fly in but hey, the race goes on and we still get to go!!!!

:D

I'm not sure which channel you will get but from one race fan to another, I sure hope you are able to watch the race. As you can see from my screen name I'm a Hendrick Motorsports fan. Go JEFF GORDON!

Caligirl_41: My friend had a dog named Jeff Gordon who went through the exact same thing as your dog on race day.

We now live in NE but lived one mile from the Homestead track and are season ticket holders. We got to go watch the racers practice on year for the race and no one was around, it was a month or so before the actual race. Anyway, we walked under the track and were standing and talking to the drivers and got autographs! It was awesome! My daughter was 5 at the time and loves (still does) Jeff Gordon, well he was standing there and she walked up to him and said hello and he walked into his trailer and got a pic of himself and PERSONALLY signed it to her!!!!! Also Kenny Wallace took a pic with his arms around my kids. We met many more too...it sure was great living that close to the track. Now we must fly in but hey, the race goes on and we still get to go!!!!

:D

Very cool! We are less than an hour from Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Dragway, so we participate in all the NHRA Nationals there - have yet to make it to a NASCAR race there as we are always racing ourselves that weekend somewhere else. Almost made it to the INDY car race there this year, but the weather was dicey and DH was sick, so we gave our tickets away.

Yep, we will be at Homestead in less than three weeks! Cannot wait! Taking my folks for their first cruise and race, we are looking forward to it so much. Today's high around here was 41 degrees. I need to thaw out already! :D

Very cool! We are less than an hour from Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Dragway, so we participate in all the NHRA Nationals there - have yet to make it to a NASCAR race there as we are always racing ourselves that weekend somewhere else. Almost made it to the INDY car race there this year, but the weather was dicey and DH was sick, so we gave our tickets away.

Yep, we will be at Homestead in less than three weeks! Cannot wait! Taking my folks for their first cruise and race, we are looking forward to it so much. Today's high around here was 41 degrees. I need to thaw out already! :D

Where are you sitting for the race?? We are on row 13 I believe, right at the start/finish line. Last minute had to find a hotel (long story) and are staying way up on South Beach. I cannot wait to be warm either!! That is so cool you guys do your own racing thing, I bet that is exciting!!!! I cannot wait to sit trackside and put my ear plugs in and scream..lol..Lucky you get a cruise too??!! I am SO jealous..lol..we have to come back Monday after the race but at least we get to go! :D

Archived